1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Political Debate

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

National security issues.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I did not see it but to be fair - do we want politicians to comment on our nuclear weapons? How good or bad they are is not really something I would like to see in public discussion. I would assume as PM she would know.

aberdeenhornet likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree, but she could have said I cannot answer that for security reasons, instead of skirting all around the issue. Might have had time then for another question.

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Agreed - is that what she did -but then again who ever though she was a really good politician? Under Cameron she was an OK Home Secretary but before brexit who would ever have considered her likely to rise further?

5. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Who is Alexander Neal? Or are you referring to Andrew Neil?

The question she refused to answer was nothing to do with how good or bad UK's nuclear weapons are - and nothing really about security either.

She was asked whether she knew about the Trident misfire incident which happened before the Commons renewal debate & vote - an incident that she failed to mention in her speech. As you say, we can assume that, as PM, she knew alright...

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry yes - I meant Andrew Neil. Well a misfire of a test tells us something about how good or bad they are (hopefully good ones don't misfire and if they do often I think it perhaps does affect security). Of course she knew - and of course she ducked the question - the follow up would have been why did you not tell the Commons..

7. superhorns

Alexander O'neal - great singer - all booked to see him at Chilfest in Tring this summer.

8. superhorns

Theresa May absolutely wiped the floor with Jeremy Corbyn during Prime Ministers Question Time. Surely there are advisers within the Labour Party who can prepare him better?

9. superhorns

Worse still, the idiot offered his condolences to the family of the "murdered" police officer who was shot last. In fact he sustained injuries to his arm and is very much alive.
    whoops!!

It has been described as a disgrace that he got it so badly wrong. He is clearly out of his depth. Much worse than May's gaff the other month.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Yes I watched that. He is usually poor - was better last week but hopeless today. Trouble is he does not seem very bright so cannot alter his questions depending on answers given.
    He should have been properly briefed on that.

11. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

At least he's not openly lied about Trident <ok>

12. superhorns

Did May lie or just avoided the question? The latest excuse is the Americans wanted to keep the failure a secret. I'm sure the Russians and Chinese knew simultaneously. They seem to have the ability to hack into anything they want.

13. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

14. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

For the past four years schools have been unable to find enough teachers for science, maths and associated subjects. It seems that the visa restrictions have created the problem, and some schools are at crisis point. The government has accepted the fact that there is a problem, so propose to relax the immigration rules. All good forward planning now that classes are without a teacher.

16. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

It is totally unacceptable in a civilized society to force people from their homes to save a few quid. However I find the link to the human rights bill tenuous, I would hope, maybe naively that our society can build a sensible act around human rights providing the required protection to the vulnerable but closing the loopholes in the European act that have lead to its widespread misuse and abuse to protect criminals and make it all but impossible to guarantee the rights of the majority....

17. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

So our PM is proudly heading over to meet a racist, misogynistic, crazy orange sex-pest a few days after he's openly advocating torture as a method of intelligence gathering.

Just imagine if Corbyn did something like that...

Handing over our sovereignty to the US, how could it possibly go wrong?

Also, why are the Brexiters not up-in-arms about this?

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Seems as if the PM is happy to discuss American corporations taking a part in the NHS. To think that people voted leave to save the NHS.

19. superhorns

It takes an awful lot of imagination to contemplate Corbyn as a PM.<doh>

Us pragmatic brexiteers are delighted our leader is to meet the US president to further future trade talks. He is there for 4 years unless he is impeached earlier so best to make the most of the tremendous opportunities.

20. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

By the time the Brexit talks are all dried and dusted he will have less than 2 years left - and the next president will probably reverse everything. Can you, as a flag waver, and preacher of British sovereignty, celebrate the fact that American corporate interests could be on the verge of taking over the NHS ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.