1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Political Debate

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Whose fault is it that the Border Force in under funded? Why hasn't the system already been tightened?

You make my point very well. The PM who has been in charge of these matters should be held to account.

2. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Don't you bloody dare, Toby. Your posts are excellent and I've learned a lot from reading them. Be told. ;)

3. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Theresa May was accepted by most as the best Home Secretary the UK has had in the last few decades. The position is called the ministerial graveyard, she was one of the longest serving holders of office, extremely efficient and effective. Her department was subjected to serious financial constraints as all depts were due to Osborne tackling the deficit. She has started her premiership superbly and will only get better.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

She was so effective that she failed to deal with the things you complain about. Enough said.

5. superhorns

Did you not read my post? The minister is not in charge of the purse strings. You view on The PM is illogical, desperation even.

6. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

She couldn't do her job properly because she didn't have the resources to do it? Is that what you are saying? Why if it was such a major problem were those finances denied to her? Which party was it that decided how to spread the funds available? I cannot believe that you still try to support a politician that is a failure by your own words.

7. superhorns

I support the PM because she is the best option to lead the UK out of the EU. She has proved to be a success in her previous appointments and will excel in her present one. You must be confused with your current hapless French leader.

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

A very weak answer SH. At least we know that the current leader in France is going, whereas you are stuck with someone that you admit to be a failure.

9. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

You are wrong there SH. The best option to get out of Europe quickly is to have Roy Hodgson as PM. There is nobody who has such a record of quick European exits.

10. superhorns

No the failure is your understanding of the situation.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

An even weaker argument unless you explain why.

12. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

OFH makes a valid point and the old playground stuff comes out.

'What about France then?' <doh>

13. superhorns

I don't know why you cannot understand simple facts.

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Here we go again. No answers, just insults. <doh>

15. superhorns

It would help if you read my posts, I cannot keep repeating the same thing. Lets just agree you do not rate the PM unlike the rest of the government, the Tory Party and increasing the British people.

16. superhorns

Theresa May is enjoying the longest opinion poll "honeymoon" for a Conservative Party premier since the 1950's. It puts her in second place for prime ministers overall, with only Labour's Tony Blair, initially one of Britain's most popular ever prime ministers.

In another survey from Survation, May's positive rating was +34 compared to Corbyn's rating of -31, some 64 points ahead.

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Maybe you can point me to where you answered my questions as despite reading all your replies I cannot see that you have responded.

18. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Toby is right - some of this is just "I did, you didn't" and is not great reading.
    A suggestion. Just respond to posts that you think make a point worth answering. If someone repeats something just do not bother to reply - find a comment you want to reply to or make a new one of your own. We cannot insist every other poster answers questions we pose. Politicians are trained to not answer questions and on political threads most of us duck answering if we want to.
    Alexander Neal is a master of that on Daily Politics. He will ask a question two or three times - the answer will keep being ducked so he says "I can see you are not going to answer my question properly so let's move on" If we do the same we won't keep going round in circles.

19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

A grand example of refusing to answer questions could be seen on TV this morning when the PM didn't want to say what she knew about Trident. This simply leaves the viewer to speculate about how trustworthy she is. The precise reason why politics is regarded by so many as something they do not want to engage in.

20. superhorns

The intelligence and sharpness of our prime minister, Theres May, was highlighted even more this morning on the Andrew Marr because of the dire performances of two other political guests. Nick Clegg, who babbled on without making much sense and Labour's John McDonnell who might as well been talking about a different planet. We are so lucky to have such a confident and able representative as the first foreign leader to meet the new president of the USA. On the agenda of trade talks is a deal to reduce barriers between US and British banks through a new 'passporting' system.

This will considerably strengthen the negotiating position for Britain in talks with the EU. The EU have already asked for special access to the City of London as it has dawned on them any disruption of supply will undoubtedly financially damage the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.