1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Police called in at Stamford Bridge

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by The Ginger Marks, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

;
    Well, skiddy we can say that Chelsea have at least one racist fan as you claim to support them

2. The Ginger Marks

So why say large when you don't have a Danny and what's Roman being a Jew got to do with the price of fish?

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

4. The Ginger Marks

How am I racist HIAB?

5. The Ginger Marks

6. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

http://www.not606.com/threads/dopey-dick.335017/

This is clearly a jibe aimed at singling out and demeaning Spurlock's cultural beliefs. Added to that you used to always call him danish

Do you see now why you are despised ?

8. The Ginger Marks

<laugh> Pathetic #fail

9. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

HOOLIGANS

The least savoury aspect of Chelsea’s history and its decline in the late 1970s and 1980s is its association with hooliganism and more than that, its reputation as one of the worst set of hooligan “firms” in the United Kingdom and its association with the far right groups Combat 18 and the National Front).

Chelsea’s reputation for hooliganism had its roots in the late 1970s, around about the same time that the decline of the team took effect – the relationship between being bad at football and increased instances of hooliganism amongst supporters is an interesting one. The Chelsea Headhunters were involved in numerous occasions of violence. The game versus Spurs in 1975 that effectively relegated Chelsea was marred by violence and pitch invasions. Chelsea’s fans travelled in great numbers throughout the country and fought opposition fans wherever they went.

The most unsavoury aspect of Chelsea’s support in the 1980s was the racist element. The association that fans had with the National Front resulted in Stamford Bridge becoming a hotbed for racism and eventually as recruitment ground for such right-wing organisations. That it took until 1981 for Chelsea to recruit their first ever black player (Paul Canoville) speaks volumes of the unwelcoming, violent and racist atmosphere that had consumed the club. Whilst these people were certainly fans of the club, it has been claimed that they would often drink in the pubs on the other side of the Fulham Road, see if Canoville was playing and then decide to enter the ground and hurl abuse at him. It should be mentioned that Chelsea were by no means alone in this regard, but the reputation that they had was certainly deserved. Canoville’s book, Black and Blue, is definitely worth purchasing if you are interested in one of the bleakest moments of Chelsea’s history. The association with right wing, racist groups perhaps also explains the esteem in which the rivalry with Tottenham Hotspur is held.

The fans also associated with Northern Irish loyalist paramilitary groups, adopting a strong stance against the IRA, becoming friendly with Rangers fans and hating anything Celtic. Whilst the racism has almost entirely disappeared from the ground, there is still evidence of this relationship in the form of fan flags and badges with the red hand of Ulster featured prominently on them. Indeed, Chelsea’s support is probably the most “English” of the major English clubs with some taking an active effort to appear “un-English” - especially Liverpool and Manchester United, albeit for different reasons. Even today you will still hear “No Surrender” being sung at Stamford Bridge, albeit by a minority of fans and only very occasionally.

As the Taylor Report took hold on English football stadia, Chelsea’s reputation for hooliganism declined. With many of the ringleaders of the Headhunters jailed or given bans from Stamford Bridge, the ground became a much nicer place to attend and this is reflected in the rise in attendances from the dark days of the 1980s.

10. The Ginger Marks

Where did you plagiarise that from? Yes everybody knows that we had a minority of mindless bigots as most clubs did back then but I can assure you they do not get into Chelsea anymore. As all clubs up and down the country have a zero tolerance. Since those days I'd never heard one racist comment from any of the crowd whilst at a game.

Perhaps you should stop revelling in the past as they say 'if your not a part of the solution you're a part of the problem'.

11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

'The association with right wing, racist groups perhaps also explains the esteem in which the rivalry with Tottenham Hotspur is held'

This bit sound familiar?...

12. The Ginger Marks

Sure there was an association back then but we are talking about 46 yrs ago. Ken Bates banned them from the ground and they haven't reappeared yet but every club knows they cannot relax too much and must remain vigilant to keep this small but unsavoury element away from football.

Yes there is keen rivalry in London with probably Spurs being hated by Arsenal, Chelsea & West Ham for sure can't comment on the others tbf as I have no interest in them whatsoever.

13. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Just wondered as you seem to be, in particular, so virulently anti-Spurs! To the extent that you frequently put ad hoc digs at them in your posts, even when the subject being discussed is entirely different.

14. The Ginger Marks

Yes I dislike Spurs but no more than any other club in all honesty but Iove a pointed dig because it winds them up rotten especially that brick PNP. :emoticon-0116-evilg

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0136-giggl
    Your'e obsessed Skiddy...pick any given week and day where you have posted more than 10 posts and I can guarantee you at least 80% are anti Spurs.

Ohh but of course it's all because you have an issue with PNP <rofl>

Now I'm all wound up....off to make egg and toast for breakfast....<rofl>...wound up ....<laugh>

16. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Well 4-0!

That would never have happened with old Fungus in charge.

Shocking result for them but a major boost for Chelsea!

17. The Ginger Marks

No I don't have n issue with any poster homey just love the banter. Some are up for it like you others are stupid and some downright mental cases but I love ripping you all no favourites mate.
    Enjoy your eggs, unfertilised I trust? <whistle>

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

It's one of their Cup finals BowFow.

The players pick and choose who they turn up against. That is the point Mourinho was making to Conte at the end. Mourinho is correct....weak fans and club have given the likes of Hazard and Neanderthal **** the licence to pick and choose games.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  19. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

It did appear that way with Jose at charge but Chelsea do look a bit better now tbf.

Jose has a bigger ego than his players and I think some rebel against this.

20. The Ginger Marks

Hmm I think if you go back a little ways to 1999 you'll see we beat them 5-0 when they had Taibi in goal. God they must have been **** because Sutton & Jody Morris scored. <laugh>