1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Points deduction would 'destroy' QPR - Taarabt

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by andrewqpr, May 4, 2011.

1. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Points deduction would 'destroy' QPR - Taarabt

@import url( http://estc.msn.com/br/csl/css/23AA27A79E3687063673C2CD56F30E46/twtutility.css );Tweet

please log in to view this image

PA Photos
    Adel Taarabt's goal at Watford currently has QPR heading for the Premier League

QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt says that the Football Association could ''destroy'' his side if they deduct points from them in the wake of an inquiry into third-party ownership of one of their players.
    Rangers were confirmed as Championship winners following Saturday's 2-0 victory over Watford, but face seven charges over the signing of Argentinean midfielder Alejandro Faurlin in 2009 which will be heard by the Independent Regulatory Commission and the case will be decided on Friday - the day before the final round of fixtures.
    Possible outcomes include a points deduction that would put place their place in next season's Premier League in jeopardy, but Taarabt, the Championship's Player of the Season, thinks his side should not be punished.
    "It would destroy me and it would destroy my team-mates," he said. "We have not cheated. We have played every match with 11 v 11 players on the pitch. We never did anything wrong.
    "If there are problems with things upstairs then surely that it is to do with them, not the team. It would be a disaster for every player. But what can we do?
    "We have done our best. We have won the Championship. If the FA takes that away, I will still tell people I am a champion."
    QPR and chairman Gianni Paladini, who has also been charged with allegedly submitting false information in contract extension documents signed by Faurlin in October, have both denied the charges.

2. queenslandrangers

queenslandrangers Well-Known Member

we have some times played with ten men and won

3. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

The kid's right in what he says though.