1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pochettino 'cannot guarantee' that Dele Alli will still be at Tottenham next season

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Apr 25, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mauricio Pochettino has admitted he "cannot guarantee" that Dele Alli or any of his star players will be at Tottenham next season.

And Pochettino admits that he does not know what the future holds but urged fans to trust that he and those in charge at White Hart Lane know what they're doing.

"I cannot guarantee anything in life. The most important is to enjoy the present," Pochettino said. "I am so sad, we have to enjoy the present and not think about the future."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...yle-walker-harry-kane-eric-dier-a7701521.html

2. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Well he's right? But one things for sure Sanchez won't be a Arsenal player next season.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We'll see giggsy ....

4. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Just as no manager can absolutely guarantee that any of his players will be with the club next season.

What else is new?

Pretty desperate and poor Wum attempt. 2/10

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reporting what Pochettino has said. I would have thought that he would have wanted to throw a wet blanket on any rumour about Alli leaving Spurs, but his comments were more than a little 'open ended' about his future. And why did he say that he was 'so sad' Something lost in translation ?

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

because they'd just lost the semi?

7. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

You may have noticed that his English isn't the best!? So yes, probably lost in translation.

I know you're desperate for a Wum, but this is a non story.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Seems to be a story all over the press, so as I said don't shoot the messenger. It does open the question as to Alli's future at Spurs. Surely if he wasn't going anywhere Poch would have just said 'No he's not going anywhere'. Surely even his English is good enough to express that ?

And what do you make of him saying that he is 'So sad' ?

9. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I've said what I think but you seem to want to ignore it in pursuit of your futile Wum attempt.

I imagine he's 'sad' at having to keep answering questions about the future of our players.

Here's what he said just a few days ago....

IMG_0318.JPG

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's not my 'futile wum attempt', that's you getting your knickers in a twist. I'm commenting on the story in the Indepenent and just covered on BBC radio 5 live about the comments that Pochettino made today, which was far from convincing that Alli would be at Spurs next season. You've got your opinion, which seems to be burying your head in the sand, but the fact remains that if he was sure that Alli was staying at Spurs, surely he would have just said, he's going nowhere, rather than he can't guarantee that he'll be there next season.

11. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

please log in to view this image

The Ginger Marks and PINKIE like this.
  12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I'll leave you to prattle on as you're behaving like a dog with a bone.

'I invite all clubs who want our players to come to our training ground and talk to Daniel Levy'.

Translated as. Good luck, you're gonna need it!...<laugh>

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Just find it surprising that Poch has come out with such an open ended response.
    It certainly leaves the door open to a lot of speculation about Alli's Spurs future.

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Keep fishing! Maybe you'll eventually get somebody who takes it all seriously! :tongue:

15. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

If someone offers € 200m for Hazard, Alli or any other player I'm sure almost all clubs would consider it. I'm not saying it would be accepted. It is impossible guarantee any thing in football. It is almost certain that referees will gift points to some clubs again this season but you never know.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm not even fishing, but you seem to want to bite.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The money in the game from the mega-rich clubs is a problem in my opinion, because they can come along and offer £80m+ along with £200k wages and turn a player's head. In all honesty, whilst I'd like to see Spurs weakened by Alli leaving, it would be a shame for the game if he was suddenly snapped up by one of the big clubs due to their financial clout. But that is the reality of football at the moment, money talks and chairmen like Levy are motivated by money.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  18. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Not just Levy though. That guy at Juve wants £89 mill for Pogba. Who in their right mind would pay that.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed, It's crazy. Juve mugged Utd for Pogba. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he's not an £89m player.

20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

No team can guarantee their players availability the following season as long as Man U , Man City and Chelsea have more money than an average country .