1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PNE Reegated.

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 26, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Northenders.

Northenders it is without any doubt a sad time for the club and importantly the supporters. There is no disguising the fact that relegation hurts, and there is no escape from it in the short term.

There is no point IMHO in looking for scape goats and distributing blame. Its football plain and simple and unfortunately it's now our turn to feel gutted and despondent. We and the club must look forward and not backward as it serves no useful purpose.
    Bigger and better clubs have suffered the same fate and will again, so we are not alone. Some Northenders will never have seen their team relegated before, and I promise you as someone who has seen several previously when PNE bounce back (which they will) all this will be forgotten.

In Summary then.

Fellow PNE fans, In a few days once reality has set in, with luck things will seem a little different, and not the disaster you think it is right now.
    Football fans are resilient folk, and we always come back for more of the same again and again regardless.
    If you look on the positive side it could be the opportunity to have a fresh start and rebuild and rectify whatever it is that is wrong. And there is something wrong So my fellow football supporters stick together and get behind the club.
    Take a step back and look at the positive things you still have. Good support, Great stadium, great fan base etc, you see when you do that things are not as bad as you think right now.
    This time next season you could be celebrating and this moment in time forgotten. That's what football is all about nothing is certain ,which can make it exciting and unpredictable.
    What is our most common saying eh!, Ah well there is always next season and how true that is.

Keep the faith and stay loyal and committed to PRESTON NORTH END.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to see that Brownie didn't manage to pull of a great escape, given a little longer he might well have done.

Good luck for next season, I'm sure you'll bounce straight back with Brownie at the helm, so long as you hang on to your better players. <ok>

3. theflyingplumber

Good man Scooter. <ok> And thanks.

Yes Brown and Horton just didn't have enough time to save us from relegation, it was fire fighting from day one and they run out of games.
    They did make a difference and at one point it looked like the great escape was on, but the league table doesn't lie and over the season deserve to go down.

Hoping that Brown and Horton stay with us, as supporters have been able to see what they are all about and feel they are the personnel to change things and attempt to get back next season. We will see..:emoticon-0107-sweat

Good luck in your remaining games..<ok>

:smile:

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry to see you go down lads - good luck for next season - I'm sure you will bounce straight back - a club with a tradiotion like yours deserves success

all the best

5. theflyingplumber

Thanks Leonardo, another true football supporter and Gentleman..<ok>

:smile:

6. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

We'll be back

7. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Again palace escape. Never expected you to go down but all the best for next season. League one will be an interesting division to be in and I will not lie and say that you will easily be back, it will be tough. We could still join you, an eight goal difference is not much over four games, United two and us two.

8. themaclad

Cheers Dave assume your a Palace fan, you've survived because you don't conceed at home which helps, it's a good formula suggest wee Dougie sticks to it

9. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

If you look at us and Norwich, when we went down we rebuilt and came back stronger for it. I think Phil Brown is a good manager and if he recruits players the right way in the summer then you should come back up. You need to keep Hume as he will score for fun in that league.

Looking back at relegation for us was the best thing what could happen. Yeah it didnt feel like it at the time but we went to new grounds, met genuine football fans and enjoyed winning every week. But for every Norwich and Leicester there is a Charlton, Forest, Leeds who struggled down there for a few years

Good luck

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

True - but the "big" clubs get back after a while - Southampton look like they will be back this year.

11. ninianbluebird

Sorry to see you guys relegated - although we've rarely enjoyed success at Preston in recent years you've always been a decent bunch as far as I could tell! Good luck for next season, hope to see you back in the Championship soon! p.s. how is Paul Parry doing these days?

12. themaclad

He's always injured, Ninian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. ninianbluebird

I do remember it looked like the end of his career every time he took a tackle - never seen somebody stretchered off so often! Hopefully he'll stay relatively injury-free for next season (if he is still with you then!) because he'd be very dangerous at that level I think.

14. Majestic

Majestic New Member

We'll be back :biggrin:

15. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

Well TFP, I suppose the inevitable happened, but what a ride. We were dead and buried, then right back in it and then dead again. There are two sides to me at the moment. There is the fan that is gutted but sure we will be back up as champs this time next year. But then there is the realist that say look at the southampton and charltons of this world, who have found it difficult to do just that. Hope its the first and not the last!!!!!!!

But we shall hopefully rise like a majestic phoenix from the burned ashes of this season and come back stronger and better, as what does not kill you makes you stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its better a relegated northender than anything else!!!

UTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!