1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Please Don't Blame Hessenthaler

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, May 7, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I do not believe it is his fault,
    I think it is down to that start of the season and we need some new defenders and new Goalkeeper.

2. BelfastBlue

BelfastBlue Member

I disagree. It is down to losing three of our last four games conceding a bag full of goals. Hess has to take the blame but should also be given the chance to redeem himself next season.

3. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah, but we could say that if we had drawn one of them we would be in The Play offs.

4. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Keep hessi, he is Gills through and through, bad start, woeful finish to the season and the injury list especially at the start of the season did not help. Who stays and who goes will depend on money pure and simple. PS we missed chris palmer alot today i think!!

5. HOADIE_BOI

I just hope we keep the key ones, as we can't do with ****ing up next season.

6. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately Hessy has to take the blame, as do the chairman, the board, the rest of the management team, the players, and the fans. Everybody has under achieved, under performed, made bad decisions, not given the right support etc.

But at the end of the day Spending another season in league 2 isn't a disaster.

7. Kedwell's Penalty Coach

I believe Hessy used this season to see what the current crop of players could do at this level under him. For whatever reason, most likely for limited funds, Hess decided not to get rid of all the "key" players who were out of contract last summer and replace them with his style of players. Now he has had a season with them, I think he will know what the team needs for next season i.e a reliable defence. Away from home we scored 38 goals which only Bury have scored more but we've had games particularly early on in the season where we conceeded 5 and 7 and across the season have conceeded very sloppy goals. Because of the defence, we've needed two strikers who have scored nearly 40 goals between them to get those goals just to win or draw games for us. Yesterday just summed our whole season up. The other 2 results went for us but we failed to deliver by conceeding 3 unavoidable goals and for me the majority of the blame lies with the defence.

8. HOADIE_BOI

I think we will need a few changes.