1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Playing part-time, can Arsenal win the league...

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 21, 2017.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Next season?

If they have no CL football and a new manager, what is to stop them winning the league?

Or could AW mount a credible title challenge unfettered by European football... even Rodgers managed it tbf...

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

To get no European football, they'd have to drop to 8th. WBA would have to overtake them. Not very likely.

3. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Hold my beer" - Arsene Wenger.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Even without European football they would still need to learn big game mentality.

I genuinely don't think Wenger is capable of winning a title again. Hope he stays :)

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

^ This

Hope he goes

6. Wenger is busy, at the moment, wumming both his club and its fans, by telling everyone that he's made his mind up about his future whilst making it clear that he hasn't actually got a clue.

Naturally, I am hoping that he stays, because Arsenal have become a lame duck with him at the helm. I think it was David Platt who recently described Wenger as "an embarrassing piss-tainted uncle who won't leave the party." I may be imagining the piss-tainted part, but it fits.

What is tickling my funny bone is the prospect of Arsenal having to play "Europey League" football. I've put it in quotes, because that's what all the arrogant Gooners on this forum call it, never imaging that, one day, they'd be forced to eat ass and play in that competition! Poetic justice and pure comedy-gold all rolled into one!

Good luck with those long and pointless Thursday night trips to Russian, Goonies!
    <laugh>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. The Ginger Marks

This 04:34 am rant was bought to you curtesy of the obessed Gimp.

gooner4ever likes this.
  8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Hiag had just finished band practice and all the groupies had gone home so he decided to visit not606 to vent his spleen....... either that or he had just finished his shift at McDs

9. The Ginger Marks

Probably in a premier inn waiting for the lodger to finish what he couldn't manage.