1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players on the "Out"

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Kit looked really quite resigned to losing them in the video interview on the Official site.

In that interview he also explained the Fernando Amorebietta injury and follow up operation, saying that Nando should be back in training in about 10 days. Expect this to be a mere blip in arranging for him to leave the Club however.

2. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I have said it before there seems to be something in KS psyche.
    We all hoped after last
    seasons debacle there was hope for us with our youngsters, but it now appears they want
    to abandon ship (the good ones anyway) .I still go to MP for training sessions, and Kit
    and his 3rd rate side kicks appear as motivational and useful as a chocolate teapot at a
    garden party .
    I am prepared to give him 8 games to prove me and the other long suffering stalwarts wrong,

3. Cottager58

Done deal.

"The Club can confirm that Kostas Mitroglou has joined SL Benfica on a season long loan deal.

We would like to wish Kostas the best of luck during his time in Portugal."

4. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

We deserved a season out of him, oh well.

5. Cottager58

Noe Baba has signed for Birmingham City.

please log in to view this image

Baba told bcfc.com that he's looking to kicking on his career with Blues. "I've been training here for the last month and it's been very good," he said. "I'm very pleased and I think it's a very good opportunity for me. I just want to kick on and start again with something I love doing."

Source: http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/blues-birmingham-city-noe-baba-fulham-2608467.aspx#I2GqribgOQBzx4f7.99

Good luck to a really decent, humorous young man - sorry to see him go.

6. Cottager58

Apparently we've been in discussions with Southend to loan them Jack Grimmer. Following his injury Phil Brown is reported as saying any deal is now off -

“It was really disappointing to learn of Jack’s injury,” said the Blues boss. “We had been in talks with Fulham to bring Jack to the football club on loan but it does now seem that we are going to have to look elsewhere which is frustrating."

Source: http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...rs_following_injury_to_Fulham_s_Jack_Grimmer/

What on earth are the Club playing at. If anything it's us that should be looking for full backs. With Luke Garbutt and now Jack sidelined for some time, we're left with Richards, Voser and Kavanagh (unless you also include Nando - which I don't). Incredible really.

7. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I have said it before the hierarchy of the club does not seem to have ambition .
    Maybe I am wrong but the proof for me is not as yet forthcoming,

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's a curious one if he was going to go on loan, but we could always have brought Grimmer back in the case of further injuries to full-backs. If Kit rates Richards ahead of Grimmer (which he certainly seems to) a loan deal isn't ridiculous.

As for lacking ambition, I think we've made some good buys this window. We need a centre-back to round things off, but I'm generally happy. Wasn't signing McCormack last year a sign of ambition?

2whitestripes likes this.
  9. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Captain that was a year ago, and we still languished near the bottom for most of the season.
    where are this years big signings we already have recouped at least 9/10m on transfers in this window.
    if you perceive that ambition has been based on our recent acquisitions that's your opinion

10. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Ambition is a lot more than splashing the cash on new signings. By that logic QPR's chairman is one of the most ambitious around, yet he jeopardised the future of their club in doing so. If Khan isn't willing to gamble the long term future of the club for the chance of success in the short term then I'm OK with that. Long term sustainability in my eyes is ambition. I'm not saying signings don't play a part, of course they do, but willingness to spend on transfers alone does not equate to ambition in my eyes.

Captain Morgan likes this.

11. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Surely its not so much spend or not,, in QPRs case as previously Portsmouth its getting the wrong players
    Man city & Chelsea would not be where they are without spending

12. Cottager58

For me it’s not how much we spend nor is it about ‘ambition’, whatever that means given our current status. What it’s been about is the lack of enterprise to get up and secure the players we need (position wise) and want (young, yet experienced and potential re-sale). Not my definition but the one given by Kit and Rigg.

I’d use my hobby horse Kevin McDonald as an example. He fits all of the above and yet what we did was put in a so-called ‘cheeky bid’ of £1m, or so, which royally p****d of Wolves and the player. Dunk is another example where if we’d put in an up-front serious bid of £4m, I’d venture he’d be in playing for us from Day 1 of the season.

There surely isn’t any doubt that there is money (Cookie and other posts have already spelt that out) in the bank; and that’s without asking Khan to dip into his £13m pocket allowable under FFP. And it’s not that the Club hasn’t identified suitable players. So it must come down to our negotiators, their methods and - what I said at the beginning - lack of enterprise.

Unless of course Khan has no appetite, let alone ambition, for the Club.

13. Cottager58

Thomas Eisfeld has joined Vfl Bochum on a permanent transfer and a 3yr contract.

He was hardly given a chance to show what he could offer on the pitch but for whatever reason his face obviously didn't fit. Doubt if any money changed hands so another loss to be written off.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  14. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Interesting and probably fair. Loved the phrasing about de la torre playing 'an outsize roll' at the under 17 World Cup. Is that something you can buy at Subway?

16. Cottager58

It's not just Emerson though. Your post SuperBri beat me to something that echoes that article -

At least we got money for Pat Roberts. But it’s now quite a list of young talent that the Club have allowed to drift away. For instance -

Hoesen, Frei, Tankovic, Islamovic, David, Trotta (not my most favoured player but better than Woodrow at this level)

Now Eisfeld. Soon to be followed by Hyndman and Dembele possibly? Kit continually repeats that “you can’t make a young player sign if they don’t want to.” And I repeat, that begs the question, why don’t they want to sign?

Specifically on Hyndman, Kit says that “his head has been turned”; presumably making a reference to Klinsman who has oft praised his US U20 captain and the strong rumours that Emerson is headed for Germany. Might it not also have something to do with Hyndman not even making the bench because players like Tunnicliffe are preferred?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  17. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Words fail me on the Emerson scenario, many wiser managers would take time
    to try and coax such an undoubtable talent to reconsider "maybe he has tried" but I see
    Symonds as an incompetent intransigent.

18. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

There is a rumor that Klinsman has influenced Hyndman into thinking that Fulham is not the team he needs to be playing for and he needs a higher grade of league, and that he has suggested he look at teams in the Bundesliga to take him, as they bring through their youngsters sooner, and a lot of their mid table teams would play him now on his recommendation..

If I recall Klinsman said the same to Clint Dempsey about Fulham, as Liverpool tried to tap him up, and then he went to Tottenham and that worked out well for him!!!

19. Cottager58

Celtic are after Nando -

"Having yet to feature for Fulham this season, Fernando Amorebieta will be allowed to move on as they look to trim their wage bill in their second season in the second-tier and Celtic have identified him as a top target.”

Source: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2580386/celtic-eye-move-for-fulham-defender-fernando-amorebieta

20. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member