1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players on the "Out"

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Kostas Mitroglou is in Austria, but doesn’t seem to be training with the others.

please log in to view this image

Presumably he’s not fit enough to join the rest ahead of tomorrow’s game. Although … his move to Sporting Lisbon is apparently still on, so that might be the reason why he‘s ‘isolated‘.

The story is that we’re now in a “chain” with Leicester wanting Sporting’s Islam Slimani but they’re not willing to sell without first getting a replacement - Mitroglou. However, we are holding out for the £5.95m which apparently is the release clause in Mitro’s contract. The bottom line then is, how much are Leicester and their new boss, Claudio Ranieri, prepared to pay for Slimani?

PS Seems incredible that we have set Mitroglou’s release clause at half what we paid for him!!

2. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I would take half of that just to get rid of

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Don't know his contract but you'd think the loan back took care on some of the fee.
    I still think the best way to get this sorted with the Likes of Mitrogluo and Stekelenberg would be to swap them with a team on like for like, we take their disgruntled top player in return.

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Reports saying Hugo Rodallega will sign for Turkish team Akhisar Belediyespor.

He has thanked Fulham and it's supporters for the great time he had at the club and wished us all the best.

5. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

If Chelsea have put in an official bid for Betts I'm surprised the club haven't already come out and rejected it!!! I didn't agree with Roberts choosing to go to City but could see a little sense in it but any young keeper going to Chelsea needs there head examined, Chelsea's number 1 Cortois is rated as one of the best in the world and is younger than Betts, plus they have just spent £8 million on a top quality back up in Begovic.

What do we do if Betts turns round and says he is not signing a new contract, would be a sticky situation two weeks before the season starts where we might have to sell

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

A key difference with Bettinelli (as against Roberts) is that he played 45 times last season. Sadly the other key difference is that Bettinelli would help Chelsea meet their English quota.

My view is that we don't need to sell and certainly not for £2.5m. We won't be able to get a replacement for that amount of money.

7. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

J Jeronen.

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

9. Cottager58

Two other released players have found new clubs -

Laurie Della Verde has joined Fleetwood Town
    Josh Passley has joined Dagenham & Redbridge

And Hugo Rodallega is confirmed as a 2yr deal with Turkish side Akhisar Belediyespor

10. Cottager58

Overheard from a Palace fan walking through Bishops Park on the way to the game today - "Marcus Bonetti's not playing so he must be off to Chelsea". Apart from the freudian slip he got one thing correct, Marcus didn't play in either the Palace or the Colchester matches. Hopefully the speculative bit is misplaced.

11. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

The club advised he didn't play due to a hamstring injury. Believe it or not, as we do......

Cottager58 likes this.
  12. Cottager58

Le Parisien is saying that Moussa Dembele has refused a new contract and is in talks with Lille.

The Mirror is saying that Marcus Bettinelli is not injured and indeed in talks with Chelsea.

13. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Dembele I can understand he probably sees himself as fifth choice and another season of limited oppotunities, though at his age he should just knuckle down and work hard he is still very young. ButmI just just don't get Why Betts would go to Chelsea, Courtois arguably the best keeper in the world and is younger than Betts plus Begovic a new £8 million back up, Betts played 42 games last season culminating in an England u21 call up I just don't get it

14. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Probably an expected departure but Mesca has joined AEL Limassol in Cyprus. He only had a year left on his contract so I presume it's a permanent deal.

15. Cottager58

Had high hopes for him back in the day. Guess those injuries took their toll. Certainly in the few U21 games I saw him play at the end of last season, albeit with him out of position in a No. 10 role, he had lost his zip.

16. Cottager58

Looks like we're going to lose another youngster to Manchester United - Darren Junior Buffonge.

Source: http://www.squawka.com/news/manches...-fulham-youngster-buffonge-says-journo/433246

Doriley will know better from DJ's time in the U16s but by all accounts he is an outstanding talent. The attacking midfielder, who has only just turned 17, had some games for the U18s last season and would have been a definite starter this year. He came to us from Arsenal Youth, I think at the age of 11. While I get that we're not going to hang on to all our young players, losing him after a steady period of development yet so early in his career in not only disappointing but worrying.

17. Cottager58

18. Cottager58

That deal's off - he's heading for Benfica. So his little outing on Saturday was 'window dressing' after all.

19. Cottager58

please log in to view this image

With an option to buy !!!!!

20. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

In both the internal and external interviews today Kit was asked about the youngsters' (specifically Hyndman, Dembele and Bettinelli) contracts and on both occasions said he'd hope that most if not all signed new deals but also brought up the fact that if the players didn't want to sign then there's nothing the club can do. I'm sure he wouldn't have brought that up if at least one of them hadn't already told him that they wouldn't sign. It's starting to look ominous especially considering the amount of reports coming out recently about Hyndman rejecting contracts. Of the three mentioned he's the one I'd be most upset at losing, followed closely by Dembele. I'd rather keep Marcus but out of the three he's the one I'd be most OK with leaving.