1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players on Loan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

2. Cottager58

Bolton are reportedly lining up a loan move for Kerim Frei. The Championship club apparently see him as a replacement for the injured Mark Davies, who was recently ruled out for 10 months.

Having watched Kerim play an hour for the U21s last Friday, there's no way he's match fit and he seemed to be holding himself back on a number of challenges. The best for him at the moment would be to get more game time with us, and under the eye of our own training/physio people.

3. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

The Burnley faithful seem to already be impressed with our young Kaka. Not afraid to run at players and has a good cross on him seems to be the popular opinion. Let's hope Frei can have the same effect at Bolton.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I still can't get my head around letting Kaca go on loan. That leaves us with... Duff, Urby and Richardson? I'm not convinced that's a good idea, Urby looked much better in his CM cameo than his LW one.

But in Jol I trust. Hopefully a month of first team action does Kaca some good.

5. Cottager58

6. Cottager58

Understand where you're coming from Surlyc. And he certainly has the Burnley boss drooling.

Asked if a permanent move was out of the question, Sean Dyche told Burnley Express: “I’m imagining it would be but if it’s not I’d be buzzing – I might even get my own money out to sign him!”

please log in to view this image

Dyche went on to say,

“Alex is someone who Fulham trusted me to help him develop at Watford, and that trust has probably been paid back by them (Fulham) saying ‘yes, okay, we want him to continue playing. He’s played in the Premier League this season, they want to keep him playing and develop further and they felt me and my staff were people who could help him do that.”

“He’s a very good player but he’s 30 games or so into his career so he’s got more development to come.”

He’s hungry and all credit to him,” added Dyche, who fended off competition from rival clubs to land the young Swede. “I won’t say who but there were some clubs you would deem bigger than us who were sniffing after him and he’s chosen to come to us because he thinks that will help his development.”

“He’s a bright lad. I’ve got to know him quite well and he thinks deeply about his football. I’m impressed with him as a person, not just a player.”

7. Cottager58

8. Cottager58

Another mixed weekend for the lads out on loan but at least they all got (some) game time. The good news is that Dan Burn and Yeovil, although only drawing their game, are still riding high.

Here is a link to the full round-up posted by the Club:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/11/loan-round-up

9. Cottager58

In tonight's head-to-head between Alex Kacaniklic and David Stockdale, it was the keeper's side who came out on top. Hull beat Burnley 1-0 at Turf Moor and are now only 3 pts behind Cardiff.

By all accounts both had decent games and Stockdale was especially good in the opening half hour. Here is a link to a brief report on the match -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/282310/report

10. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Have to disagree with you there 58. One check on Burnley's official forum and you will see Alex didn't get a match rating above 5 from any of their fans. Seems to have disappointed the last two games after a promising start.

11. Cottager58

Ah, I didn't check first what the fans had to say! Raps knuckles severly !!

That is disappointing though. Be interesting to see if he continues to be selected.

12. Cottager58

Eight of our players were on loan action at the weekend. The other two, Mattew Briggs was not in the Watford squad and Dan Burn's Yeovil Town don't play till tomorrow.

Here is a link to the Club's round-up of the weekend games:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/18/loan-round-up

13. Cottager58

In a rough and tumble match Dan Burn's Yeovil went down 2-0 at home to promotion (and West Country) rivals Swindon tonight. Two late goals gave Swindon Town all three points which moves them up into third place, three points adrift of Doncaster in first and two shy of Brentford in second.

That tird spot could have been Yeovil's but instead they stay in 7th place on 63pts.

14. Cottager58

The weather took it's toll at the weekend with only two of our players on duty:

"Yeovil Town and Dan Burn threw away a two-goal lead in stoppage time to draw 3-3 with Carlisle United in the npower League One on Saturday.

On a day rife with postponements as a result of the Baltic conditions, Keiron Dawson had put the Glovers ahead at Brunton Park, only for Lee Miller to equalise six minutes before the interval.

Goals from Paddy Madden and James Hayter looked to have secured an important three points for the promotion hopefuls but Miller’s second on 90 minutes and an own goal in the final 60 seconds of added time from Luke Ayling ensured the points were shared.

Burn played the entire match as the draw saw Yeovil move back into the Play-Off places with seven matches remaining.

In the Blue Square Bet Premier, Marcus Bettinelli kept a clean sheet as an impressive second-half performance by Dartford saw them defeat Gateshead 3-0 in Kent.

Two goals in six minutes from substitute Ryan Hayes set the Darts on their way, before Charlie Sheringham made sure of the points in the closing stages as they remain 12th in the table."

15. Cottager58

16. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

How are we ever going to cope without Smoggy?! Get Stockdale back, ASAP! <laugh>

17. Cottager58

18. Cottager58

Matthew Briggs was in another head-to-head, this time with David Stockdale.

Matthew Briggs&#8217; Watford side secured what could be a crucial 1-0 victory over David Stockdale&#8217;s Hull City on Tuesday evening.

With Cardiff City sitting seven points clear at the top of the npower Championship with a game in hand, second place is a more realistic target for the chasing pack, and victory for the Tigers at the KC Stadium would have put them in pole position for the final automatic promotion place. Defeat to the Hertfordshire side, though, means that they now sit just one point above Gianfranco Zola&#8217;s team, with six games remaining of the season.

Troy Deeney&#8217;s neat curling finish in the first half proved the difference, with Stockdale making a fine save to deny the striker a second midway through the second period.

Briggs played 55 minutes of the clash before being replaced by Daniel Pudil.

19. Cottager58

Smoggy seems to have started well -

Dartford boss Tony Burman has been delighted with the impact made by new signing Csaba Somogyi. "Against Newport he pulled off a couple of really good saves and was good again on Saturday (against Woking), although he didn't have a lot to do. He has done well and he is a class act."

Here is a link to the full story:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford_messenger/sport/2013/april/4/csaba_somogyi.aspx

20. Cottager58

Marcello Trotta
    scored in Brentford's 2-0 away win to Crewe after coming on as a late sub.

BRENTFORD closed the gap on the automatic promotion places with an impressive win at Gresty Road.

Well-taken goals from Bradley Wright-Phillips and substitute Marcello Trotta sealed victory for the Bees to climb up to third, just two points behind second-place Bournemouth with a game in hand on their rivals.

And Csaba Symogyi
    did his bit although his team went down 2-1.

Csaba Somogyi put in a Man of the Match display but was unable to prevent Dartford from going down to a 2-1 defeat by Grimsby Town on Tuesday evening in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

With his side a goal to the good through Jack Evans’ 26th-minute effort, the on-loan keeper produced a string of saves to keep his side in front, until he was eventually beaten with 11 minutes remaining.