1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Player fund

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by laticdickovarmy, May 25, 2011.

1. laticdickovarmy

I have thought about this a bit and this is an appeal to all fans of the club

The club offered us a deal to save money (early discount) on season tickets my idea is if we sold £2,000 season tickets so far we all made a saving how about we all give back £5 each from the saving me made if the club would use it as funds like playershare to give PD a transfer kitty???

Just £8 each from 2,000 people would give us 16,000 that we could use too improve the squad!

At the end of the day we all love our club and want to see them do well its just a thought i know that £16,000 aint a lot but then neither is £8 each

I have asked the club to thinking about this on the website, i am not a season ticket holder as i live in the south west and travel up to as many games as possible for me it would not be an option as i miss too many midweek games

Question is would you all be in?????? Our way of giving back to the club

KTF

Many thanks for reading, i would start the ball rolling with £10 donation

Dean

2. laticdickovarmy

I have spent this afternoon laising with Alan Hardy in regards to this and he has backed the idea!!

Obviously the club has sold the season tickets already, my idea was not so much as to add the price onto the tickets but more a chance for us as fans to give back some of the savings the club has offered to us

Through an advertising campaign i believe i can raise in excess of £3,000 for the club in regards to this, which i intend to present to the club in August approximately 1 week prior to the 1st game of the season

I will make a pledge from my company if sucessful of a donation of £100 for each £1000 raised

Please keep checking this page i will set up a donation service but please contact all fellow Latics fans and even non latics fans, i would like the chance for people to have the option of putting there name on this optional so we can present to the club

KTF

3. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

See, this is fan power. We may have a small fan base, but if we stick together we can keep our club ticking.

I will probably donate, renew my Season ticket, get a few mates who don't follow Oldham to get one, drag non ST holding mates along to PSFs and League matches, get a shirt and maybe some other merchandise.

As fans, we are the best way to advertise the club, if we all bring a mate or two along we could double the attendance!

Good idea about the player fund pal! Hopefully, we can raise a few bob.

4. laticdickovarmy

I have had discussion with oldham chron they have assured more discussions with me im trying blag a free advert and may put an advert in paper for me, MEN i am targeting tomorrow and as saying Hardy is keen on the idea i think he may be reluctant though to say on the site as asking fans for money back

The scheme im calling 'WERE GIVING IT BACK'

Feed the Dick didnt seem appropraite

Donations can be made via a site i am working on or direct to the club via cheque or cash 'remember to quote 'WERE GIVING IT BACK' on SAE if u do donate please could u put on here how much u gave, as say just £3 or something each lads, thats cost of 1 pint, 1 programme or a pie and drink at a game and we wont be spending that until at least August again

Spread the word!!!!

5. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Feed the Dick! Brilliant

I'll donate. I'm also going to buy a new shirt. I think it's a great idea. Would those who have donated get a say in who is bought with it, maybe via a poll? That would be cool.

I think it would do wonders to a player's confidence to know that he had been bought with the support of the fans.

6. laticdickovarmy

Brilliant mate! The more the better, as say just send the money to the club, please please remember to quote 'were giving it back' the reason being it will allow the club to give me the figures and we will have an offical total we have raised

You better all start loving my Arsenal now lol

Has anyone donated yet and if so how much, dont want to sound like a broken record but please pass on the message we want to spread the word that we as fans are strong and want to improve the club

If you are a season ticket holder u can quote on their your seat number and name etc so people know where it has come from