1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Piers Morgan v Tommy Robinson

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Bit too obvious fella. **** banter.

Particularly as we haven't spent dozens of pages bickering before going on a mutual like ****athon :biggrin:

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  2. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

You were saying?

DMD likes this.
  3. thefanwithnoname

The sabians and mandeans were mainstream, that's my point, so is the cross. The roots are in mainstream abrahamic religions

I know the type of sites you "recall" your info from and that's your problem. Take sabian its derived from the word Saad, Baa and Alif which isn't cast out but "to rise from" and in religion means to basically leave one religion to another. Sabians were Jews in essence and fasting was a religious concept from Moses.

As for the Kaaba then let's say its a meteor as some suggest, nthisnwould have been pretty "supernatural" at that time, however the links are still to Abraham so mainstream

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

That PNP and I haven't spent dozens of pages bickering or trading insults before going on a mutual like ****athon.

Unlike you and Dull.

Beautifully your sparring partner, who will be absolutely spannered by this time, liked your post :azn:

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The cross is without doubt pagan, and predates christianity. I can see what you're saying about the sabians being mainstream, but they were certainly better categorised as pagan, as opposed to abrahimic.

You assume I get all my information from websites, and then assume which ones. You're wrong on one, and most likely wrong on the others, that is part of your problem. The other part is that you get your information from believers in your faith, and based on your replies, without too much broader scrutiny. It leads to confirmation bias. I do use the internet, obviously, for information and spelling, and to check my recollection. I also use it to seek out views that conflict with my understanding, and I've no problem in changing if I'm incorrect. Religion doesn't allow for that freedom.

Abraham was unlikely to have ever been anywhere near mecca. There is also little sharing of the islamic 'traditions' by abrahimic faiths, but there certainly is among pagan groups, like the moon worshipping Quraish. It was mohamed that links the star worshipping pagan sabians with the other abrahimic faiths. The sabians were linked with mandaens and harranians, who fasted for periods linked to the moon and prayed five times a day. It's little wonder mohamed wanted to bring sabians in under the same abrahimic banner, as he wouldn't draw converts directly from judaism or christianity, so needed a selling point for the others, so drew inspiration, and imitated the pagan beliefs, but adding his own twist.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Eh? Christianity has only been around for 2,000 years. How can it be the cornerstone that fashioned anything? It began as an offshoot of Judaism, which itself grew out of at least two earlier monotheistic traditions.

DMD likes this.
  7. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

From memory, Judaism predates Christ by about 6 centuries?...

( I haven't looked it up as I'm staying out of this. It's too personal for some people)

8. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Considered to be almost 3,000 years old I believe. Isn't it normally dated from around the time of King David? Jerusalem, it's historic capital, is reckoned to be a lot older than that, with evidence of quite advanced settlements going back 5,000 years.

9. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I'll take your word for it, mate. It's a long time since I studied that stuff. I just knew it was about the oldest of all faiths and most others derive from it.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Judaism itself derives from ancient semitic pagan faiths, with stories added to the hebrew bible from such as the epics of gilgamesh.

Hinduism is probably the oldest faith system still followed in significant numbers, with other dharmic faiths stemming from it.

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

And he's off....

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. thefanwithnoname

Bit busy today and next few days so can't /won't be on here much (back to work)

Its interesting your views on some things even though there is and has been a shift in understanding on many issues/subjects you keep highlighting

I mentioned hubal before, the whole moon god and background is not the accepted stance by historians etc

Similarly Hinduism and its books, eg in India, have shed some interesting lights into monotheism being the source but leasing to polytheism a bit like moses and the golden calf if you will

Inlnow you keep saying you dony acccept certain of my arguments as you feel its from my book/religion. But FYI I have been using non Muslim sources

DMD likes this.
  13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

There is more information being revealed, which isn't the same as an increased understanding and It depends which historians, or other fields looking into it you believe, there certainly isn't a consensus either way, and it depends what else you look at to see which has more strength.

14. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I always liked that girl!...<laugh>

Sexy lady too!...

16. Stan

Stan Stalker

She's no Lucy Verasamy.

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Still reckon she does a great turn!..

18. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just came here to post that.

Absolutely magical television.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I haven't seen the full clip, but that looks staged. Morgan's been taking a right kicking for his ****e interview techniques.

He was a scummy ****er before and he's making himself and that programme a laughing stock. This looks like an attempt to try to get people back on side and gloss over his car crash.

20. thefanwithnoname

Bit like @PNP and his attempts to look clever in his responses but getting owned by you on here and others on that aliens thread