1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pierre's alleged headbutt

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Blue_Slasher, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

See Facebook and Whatsapp are going crazy with photos of one of our fans with a bloody nose after an alleged confrontation with Aaron Pierre post match. Lots of speculation about Pierre being confronted and given grief over the performance and then head butting this lad. I see the club has released a holding statement saying they are aware of an alleged incident and are investigating.

2. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Very worrying if true, and shows both the idiot fan and pierre in a bad light. If (and im stressing if) it is true, then sadly I think we have seen the last of pierre in a wycombe shirt, and you wonder if it might put of potential championship/league one clubs that were interested.

More pressingly on the pitch, assuming that pierre will not play whilst under investigation, we are left with sido and WDH to deal with one of the leagues best strikers (akinde) on saturday. This is assuming WDH was dropped for poor form as oppose to injured, otherwise no idea who will play next to sido at centre back - a recall for danny rowe perhaps, or a desperate use of bean or JJ (with wood at lb)!

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Rowe can't be recalled mate so that's out.

4. Blue_Slasher

If true, AP's actions can't be condoned and will have to be punished. However, what possesses a fan to start abusing a player outside of the football arena. He obviously though AP wouldn't react as I can't imagine many people giving someone abuse with Pierre's size and stature. Stupid kids thinking that they can say what they want and get away with it. Again I am not condoning the alleged actions, but there is a certain sense of 'he deserved it' from what I have read so far. Thought Pierre had a good game also and certainly gave his all during the game. Didn't warrant any abuse from my perspective.

Ron, Guywanderer and josewwfc like this.
  5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Whatever the provocation he should know better and walk away. Difficult to do yes but it is only going to end in tears if he doesn't. Lets be honest, supporters sometimes give players dogs abuse but in the vast majority of cases it's at a match and in the moment. It's totally out of order when outside of that but Pierre still can't react. He should have walked away and let somebody else give him a slap on his behalf. Probably played the last game for Wycombe. Shame because the kid will get away with his part.

Ron, Guywanderer and josewwfc like this.
  6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Bloody hell you should see fans views on Gasroom 2.0 it's mad,some saying he should never play for Wycombe again. I've seen the pic of the guys nose and i've seen more blood when i cut myself shaving.

Ron likes this.
  7. Blue_Slasher

I have never read so much tripe as on the Pierre thread on the Gasroom.
    Firstly, save yourself the hour reading the 400 odd posts, which basically repeat themselves over and over and just turn in to the usual squabble between the usual suspects!!!
    In summary, you have the following views:
    "it's all because of those rude thugs behind the goal that are an affliction on our club"
    "Pierre should never play again"
    "The lad deserved it"
    "Both parties should be punished"

It always amazes me how much that board always defends the right to everyone having opinions, however as long as it fits in with the chosen few regulars. Otherwise you get hounded and abused, or worse...picked up on your grammatical deficiencies & spelling ...be afraid!
    As a fan that has stood in the valley terrace since Adams Park came into existence. I know quite a lot of the fans behind the goal, both young and old "old referring to Guywanderer & Rocky Blue Army".
    On the whole they are a pretty good bunch. Yes, the language is often "choice" as is mine on occasions. I have never been one that is bothered by it and it never affected me when i used to hear it at matches when i was a kid. It makes me laugh that several people on the gasroom consistently refer to these young lads as a hooligan element or some sort of cancer we have at the club. I would say that Adams Park is one of the least threatening football environments i have ever been in and we should be grateful for that. I think some need to remember what footie was like back in the 70's / 80's and that what we have isn't even close to the issues of those days. Yes a few will get p*ssed up and stick their chests out, but nothing more that you would expect to see in a gathering of young people and certainly something that will never change. Most of the guys are pretty decent when you have a chat and a laugh with them.
    Lets be grateful for the club that we have and stop bitching about it! (That's not directed to you not606'ers)

Guywanderer, mowgli1960 and Ron like this.
  8. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Well said slasher and less of the OLD <laugh>.the terrace is full of many colourful characters who we all get on with and have had many a good day out at football games home and away they are of all ages but all are a good laugh which is more than I can say about the gasroom bullies who hide behind a computer keyboard and really need to grow some balls.:emoticon-0127-lipss

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  9. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I am one of the old who stand on the terrace when I can get to a match usually stand to the right of the goal & I can say I have no problems at all & have never seen any trouble what people have to remember these youngsters will eventually end up as 30 year olds or older like the rest of us have ended up

Rocky blue army and Ron like this.
  10. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Don't mess with Pierre Don't mess with Pierre You just don't seem to understand I'm taking the piss He'll give you a kiss Just don't mess with Pierre

Rocky blue army likes this.