1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

pie in the sky

Discussion in 'Watford' started by vicarage92394, Apr 16, 2011.

1. vicarage92394

vicarage92394 Member

did anybody read the article in the evening standard on thursday? it suggested malky was being watched by a few premiership teams-I can understand that given what he has done with an empty wallet!
    It then mentioned Super Dan was worth a conservative £10million-what could we do with that? IMO the figure being mentioned is pie in the sky 7mil maybe....let's hope they both stay for another season,who knows what can be done with the same squad and a couple of bargain buys Malkys' great at finding:smile:

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Someone else mentioned that £10m figure Pie - seems a bit optimistic - we would do well to get 5 or 6 I reckon.

I think Malky's future will be determined by BAz and co - if he does not like what he sees with them he probbly can jump ship fairly easily after this season

Let's hope both stay though

... and welcome to not606

3. Sir_Luther_Blissett

His fee is entirely dependent on how many teams are interested. It could vary enormously from £2m to maybe £10m if enough people are prepared to splash the cash to sign a man who will score goals. A team coming down from the Prem may want to sign a proven goalscorer of this level, without spending the £20m+ you need for a proven Prem goalscorer. A couple of clubs with that attitude and who knows?

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Good point SLB - if he finishes as top scorer in the Championship it will certainly not harm his valuation

5. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

I think ,Hull reading Qpr Leeds whoever goes up would be prepared to spend £10M on DG I hope MM stays but if he has to rebuild every year he will be off! after all he has ambition! You would like to think he would give us another season !

6. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Much as I admire DG, I think he'd find the Premiership a lot tougher and I'd be surprised, but happy, if someone offered lots of millions.

7. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

I reckon DG would do well in the prem I just think he has got what it takes and uses 110% of his ability and gives his all as a team player as well!

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I think DG has come on so far this year that I would not be at all suprised to see him make it in the Prem.

We had a debate on 606 nearly a year ago about him being called up for England nearly - at the time I though tit was very unlikely - but seeing his progress this year I am now not so sure - another good year and some Premiership experience and who knows what he could achieve.

If we sell him we should make sure we have a good sell on clause