1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

picture of orients penalty decision against us - wrong decision.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

no disrespect to the oreint player who went down. obviously contact was made but how on earth was this a penalty??

please log in to view this image

i know it can be hard on refs as they only see things happen once and in real time. but so many times we have seen decisions in all leagues cost a club promotion, a play off spot, relegation or even a european place which all have a financial consequences.

the lower the league is the poorer the standard of ref are. problem is with this is, the lower the league is the less money clubs have. so a poor decision could cost a lower league club all sorts of problems which could lead to administration etc. lower league clubs cannot afford these bad decisions by these officials who are such a poor standard.

now i am not saying we would of won the game if that decision above was actually given correctly and not a penalty, but the point is we will never know. how much money could that decision have cost us with getting to the next round of the cup and then facing a blackburn side who are 2nd bottom of the prem who could of been taken by us?? good luck to orient in their game with them. forgetting the bad decision for the penalty, i was there, we were the better side and deserved the win. just 2 silly errors at the back for their 2 other goals and we didnt take our own chances. seems to be the theme for us this season.

these days in the lower leagues, a decent ref is a ref who is consistantly poor for both sides. we shouldnt put up with this especially as its our hard earned money that we spend to watch a game of football get ruined by such crap officials.

lets hope the game vs crawley this weekend sees an improvement on decisions as this game is according to the bookies a top 2 head to head game.

2. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Take a look at the green sock & where contact is made (which is closer to the knee, than ankle). That part of the sock is on/above the line & therefore inside the box. It's quite simple, really. ;)

3. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

The ref had a decent game otherwise CJS. It is definately not a penalty, but you have to give the ref a little credit and say its just one of those things unfortunately. Im not that worried about it as whilst it would have been nice to play Blackburn Rovers, we do not need the games mounting up for a cup which gives little revenue until about the 5th round, when we need the players fresh to mount a promotion push <ok>

4. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

If the white boot is above the white line, then clearly the green sock is behind that as it's an extended leg (& not bent).

Human Biology not a strong point then? LOL.

5. Chris-Gashead

Jen let the adults talk please, theres a good boy <ok>

6. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

oooh me sides

Buckle whats the score, buckle buckle what's the score <laugh>

<ok>

7. Chris-Gashead

The score is

17th in the league followed by the worst away fanbase in the country, followed by out of the cup to a bottom of the league league 2 side, with a -4 goal difference

to

10th in the league +1 goal difference, playing well this season so far <ok>

8. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Er.. Torquay, Macclesfield & Hereford.. Playing well this season so far, are you really?!

What with also having want-away players I suggest things ain't going as well as you had first hoped. LOL.

9. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

ooooh me sides <laugh> Swindon aint bottom nor are we <laugh>

Leyton Orient have 0 points in League 1 <laugh>

10. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

if i was the gas i would quit worrying about the past and concern themselves about those 4 creepy crsepy crawley goals to come on saturday

11. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Only 4 ?

12. atcham jack

and anyway jenny had a distinction in biology, that is why her pies are so tasty. hope you have some meat in your pies on the 13th. gas i shrews 3 floreat salopia. keep on walking that league

13. atcham jack

yes 4, but i was talking about the first half!! lol

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i did say in the thread that i know it can be hard for refs sometimes as they only see things once and in real time. as you can see from comments on here that the pen decision is causing difference of opinion if its a pen or not and its a frozen image where we can keep looking. the ref can see this once and in real time. very tough decision to make.

but to me this decision was incorrect as the orients player right foot is actually outside the box and so would be his ankle where contact is made. if you follow the white paint line you can clearly see that his foot would actually be behind the white line and not actually on it. but again we have the benefit of seeing this multiple times.

however, i dont think people has actually read this thread at all! this thread is not about that decision. its about bad decisions in general which effect EVERY team either your an 82er or a bottler (shrews fan). the above pic is just an example of how bad decisions could effect a game and its happening far too many times now in lower leagues.

im sick of seeing a bad decision from a ref in the prem or championship and then that official gets relegated to the lower leagues. why should we have to accept them and put up with them in our league?? im not talking about bad decisions against rovers. im talking about bad decisions in general for us all which does have an impact to our finances and a lot of clubs in the lower leagues cant really afford the consequences.

i saw somewhere recently a table of what the prem would of looked like last season if the major decisions in games where corrected. blackpool would of stayed up and arsenal would of ended 2nd/3rd meaning didnt have to do a qualifer for the champs league like they did last week and as a result had 2 defenders injured and missed the man utd game. if they were fit would the score been 8-2? would they have lost? i was quite suprised by that table. with blackpool getting relegated due to having the wrong decisions made by the officials on game, obviously they get the parachute payments but they lost a lot of money on tv revenue and lost out on decent signings which they would of had if they were able to attract players as in the prem.

the whole system needs to be changed with officals. maybe ex pro's be the ref as they know the game better. these days a fair tackle ends up being a yellow card. an ex pro would allow the game to flow and as they would understand the game more with the passion of games etc. or the ref can get re-trained over and over again. or maybe the 4th official can do something more constructive on the side lines like watch the game on tv and have the facility of to be able to communicate to the ref straight away after seeing tv replays etc. they do it in rugby league, rugby union, cricket and tennis, why wouldnt it work in football. im sure something can be done to assist the officials so the right decisions can be made and therefore the correct outcome can be made to make it a fair game.

this is all i am saying. if they will introduce goal line technology then they need to do the whole lot like offsides and pen decisions etc.

15. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Gotta be honest with you that looks a blatant pen.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

a blatant pen would be actually in the box.

this is very close. the rovers player is just in the box / on the line. the orient player is outside the box and not on the line. there is obvious contact. that contact is from the rovers player right foot on the ankle of the orients right foot and that is just outside the box.

again this is an example. there is more to the thread than that.

17. atcham jack

definitely a penalty 1-0