1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Phil Brown

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by McGregor HU5, Mar 14, 2011.

1. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

Just heard his interview on SSN, talking about City's game against Coventry. He said that we got lucky with ONE chance and said that Coventry we're unlucky not to get something from the game.

This is my opinion that we had THREE chances McLean took his superbly, missed a 1 on 1 and Fryatt mistouched the ball when through on goal and it went straight to Westwood. And Coventry had 2 shots cleared off the line and it was thanks to our again superb defence rather than our strikers missing easy chances.

2. postmantwat

postmantwat Member

them sun beds must fry his brain aswell as top up his orange glow.....idiot.....but i'd rather be lucky then bottom an ****

3. BoothferryLegend

please log in to view this image

4. postmantwat

postmantwat Member

lol my arse....hes got a better tan adil rashid....an u dont get them on withernsea beach mid january i can tell ya!!

5. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to remind him that he isbt our manager anymore and he is the manager of a club who are going to be relegated. I think he needs to look at the table to see where we are in the league before he makes any comments.

6. e18

e18 Member

I will give him one thing he fully believes in himself. Never heard him say he was wrong. Reminds me of Comical Ali during the first gulf war who said that there where no Americans in Baghdad when you could Yank tanks them behind him.

7. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

You'd have thought been in the middle of a relegation battle he'd be minding his own and focusing on his own team's survival bid (albeit a failing bid for survival). All Brown will have to go off is the press, making wild stab in the dark assumptions such as this is making him look a bit of a tit again. Aside from the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half i've heard city were very much in control with Coventry offering very little.

8. Elliott's Cartwheel

Seen Browny still had his lucky pink shirt on too. Comical Ali, now there's a legend. That video you mention e18 has to be the worst bit of propaganda ever.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I don't miss Phil Brown and his big head at all.

10. e18

e18 Member

Yeah. Also remember during the Falklands war(showing my age here)the Argentinian foreign minister kept coming on TV through the week claiming successes. In one week he claimed they had sunk both our Carriers. Later in the same week he was claiming they had shot down some Sea harriers only for someone to point out that it would be impossible as according to him we had no carriers left.

11. dem_on

dem_on Member

Sounds like he's after the Coventry job and wants to jump ship from Preston .He do and say anything to stay in this division.But as always he is just a big mouth.

12. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They're playing Coventry next weekend. Is it unreasonable to think that he was watching the game to scout Coventry, was asked what he'd learnt from it and decided to big Coventry up ahead of the game next week in case he fails to get the win again?

13. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

This joke doesn't apply now , for obvious reasons, but it used to make me laugh every time I told it.

Q-When does Saddam Hussain have his tea ?

A-When Tariq Aziz.

<diva>

14. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Only normal for a club legend to comment on his former club.

I'd still take him back in a heartbeat.

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

What did he manage at the end, 6 wins in eighteen months?

He did well, then he lost the plot and he ****ed the job up big style.

I thank him for taking us up, I wish him well in the future, but I wouldn't have him back if he offered to do the job for free and fund all the transfers himself.

16. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Someone with a bit of sense....

Is he really going to see the way before he plays a team, they where poor Hull could have had them at any time and had tons of chances? really?

Also did you hear every word of the interview? How do you know they did not cut a bit out?

17. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Preston fired him before long, his bubble burst quite a while ago.

18. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

If your bubble bursts, blow another one.

He may not have won yet, but he's getting draws people on here would **** over. I thought he could keep them up, it doesn't look that way now, but I'm damn sure they'll come back up straight away. Phil Brown is far too good to be a League 1 manager.

19. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Draws we'd **** over? grow up, they've had good results but nothing out of this world (hence why they're still bottom). Yes Preston will go down, Brown joined a sinking ship so can't be blamed entirely for their relegation, and yes i would expect Preston to go back up, but ask fans of Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest and Leeds to a certain extent and they'll tell you a return to the Championship straight away isn't always garaunteed.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't believe I've ever had a **** over a draw, or even a win for that matter.

Many of Brownies biggest fans said he'd turn things around a Preston, just as they said he'd turn things around for us, I suspect neither were realistic.