1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Perspective...You've got to be happy.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Pipe4Life, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe4Life

Pipe4Life Active Member

Theres been some murmering in recent weeks about the lack of transfer activity at the club, whilst a lot of people have been realistic and have shown patience due to the way we've exceeded expectations.

Had we been in trouble then there would no doubt be a lot more panc and people would be crying out for new faces to try and halt a slide.

However, a year ago we're freshly promoted and and praying for 17th position this season. If somebody stood back and told us that we'd sign Hatem Ben Arfa and Stephen Ireland in the Jan transfer window you'd have thought they were crazy. bearing in mind that stephen ireland was one of the best midfielders in the country at the time and Ben Arfa looked so far out of reach that he might as well have been on another planet.

when you take a step back you've got to be very pleased. There are established PL sides throwing vast sums of money around for mediocre players and wish they could have brought in players of that calibre. For me Ireland will come good. you don't become bad over night and he's still young. if he was a flash in the pan and a one season wonder striker or something i might be worried but the guy really was instrumental in a side full of super stars at city. you don't just lose that in half a season.

perspective, people need to get some. That is all.

2. my name is jonas

12 months ago we signed Fitz Hall, look at what we have now.

I'm down with perspective.

3. Pipe4Life

Pipe4Life Active Member

That ain't a slight on 'One Size' though. he was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.