1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Perez to Marseille

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 4, 2017.

1. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down:<laugh>:biggrin:<laugh>

2. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I think he's an averag player who is ok to have around but if we get over 10 million then it's time to move on.

Remember Any players that played regular consistent football in the premier league for us where part of the reason we got relegated. We must not forget this. However if he stayed I would be ok. There's worse players we could do with shipping out.

3. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

Average player that won't be as good as any of us thought, who's off the ball work rate is nonexistent. He should have pissed this league and he hasn't. I'd sell.

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

This for me. There always seems to be a mixed bag of comments about the likes of Shelvey or Gayle not being PL quality, yet some are willing to give Perez yet more time? Support the lad while he's here, but £10m is about right to cut our losses.

Our scouts seem to constantly forget which league they're scouting for; the likes of Thauvin, Cabella, Abeid, De Jong(s) and most likely Perez come with this inability to deal with pressured leagues. Look good before, and after, the PL. Never IN the PL.

5. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

The football in the prem will always be less physical, I'd gamble him on a season and he could deliver. You don't lose some of the skill I've seen off him, just needs to stop making ****ty decisions

6. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I think it's a case of already needing at least one number 9 and one number 10 in plus many other positions which need strengthening so I'd probably give him another season since it will be hard to find quality players for those positions let alone adding to the list of requirements. He still has the raw talent to come good although time and chances are running out. It's not as if he's terrible, anyway, it's more he just hasn't progressed as much as we'd hoped he would. If anything, I think he hasn't looked happy so I wonder if he has personal problems or isn't feeling at home in England. I'd agree to sell him if we have players signed up for all the other positions and we can find someone significantly better. I'd rather Perez as backup for the number 10 position than Diame, put it that way.

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Agree with this, how much money do people think we have/will spend? Its going to be a gradual turnover I'd imagine. We might shift on say 4 players, and sign maybe 6.

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

The 6 coming in better be ****ing good other wise we'll be relegation favourites.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

That is correct. But if we get players of the class we need, 6 should see us stay up. If you got (and I know it won't be these) - sigurdsson, markovic, Defoe, Ben Gibson, mvila, Ben Davies for instance i reckon we would be ok

Flash likes this.
  10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its a bit harsh putting all the onus on DPP to get these players - I would be worried that he would go for all Haidara's relatives anyway.

Warmir Pouchov and Obi Wan like this.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

I will see what I can do - doubt it will be those players specifically but I am sure I can deliver.

As for Haidara, he had a promotion last night to the bench - Rafa beginning to see the light

JakartaToon and Obi Wan like this.
  12. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

So long as you start by transferring Colback OUT then I'm sure the net result will be an improvement to the squad. <ok>

Henry Boy likes this.
  13. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

From Charnley's comments, there's not a lot of cash. And the likes of Gouff, Colback and whoever else ain't making us much money either.....

No idea how Rafa's going to manage this, but if we rock up next season with a few cheap additions, this season's football will resemble 70's Ajax in comparison.

14. PhilK

PhilK Active Member

Just a loan not a all out transfer I hope, then