1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

People in this part of the World!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by SBFF, Jun 19, 2011.

1. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Can't say how pleased I was to hear this said in a most positive way for a change, instead of being used to dampen our enthusiasm.
    Well done Malky, you turned that phrase into something good.:emoticon-0103-cool:

Oh, and by BTW, hello to all my old friends off the other 606.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi there SweetBlue - glad to see you. <ok>

3. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

How's it going Sweet?

We just dust ourselves down and go again. Or is that a DJ cliche too many?<whistle>

4. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Hi Sparky, Hi Bob, it's good to be back on board, nice to see some you old codgers on here, in fine fettle i may add.

BTW who is that cheese eating, whiskey drinking, posts all day long fella Blue prophet, sounds familar but can't quite place him :cheesy:

5. Double-Dragon

Double-Dragon Member

Listen... This is a tough league where everybody can beat anybody and everything and everything else.

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"We were unlucky today, but some of the people in this part of the world expect us to win every game".

I thought that what it was all about.

7. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Thing is, people in this part of the world were fed up on missing out, and they had a very good idea who was to blame for that.

8. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

We have to be bigger than this.:emoticon-0119-puke:

9. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

Hiya SBFF...............as usual it's all my fault................Mouriniho had his application for the Cardiff job ready to post, he heard I'd applied and backed off'.................now the appointments been made I can come clean (no smart remarks please) I, like Alan Shearer turned the job down..............who wants to work Saturdays?

10. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Good point there proff, Saturdays are out of the question, have to be able to get to watch our team don't we.......................oh, hang on a minute, I see a flaw.
    Nice to speak to you again Prophet.

11. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

"oh, hang on a minute, I see a flaw."

More than they do at the liberty, apparently thats why they are not paying their rent ;)

12. Domdimdom

Domdimdom Member

He came within a whisker of being an absolute hero......

13. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

They were very thick whiskers and there were many.
    He was let down by the players, true, but they were mercenaries(loan players) and he was the man in control of them.
    Fact is, if he had delivered what he promised, after getting all he wanted, he would have been that hero.
    He didn't and he's not.

14. Domdimdom

Domdimdom Member

Did he promise? How can anybody promise such a thing? I was on a promise once....that never happened!

15. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

I am not going to start my first day on this forum with a nitpicking contest, as far as i am concerned it was a promise made in all but words.
    Perhaps your idea of a promise is what led to your dissappointment, my idea of what a promise is (made by DJ) is what led to mine.

16. Double-Dragon

Double-Dragon Member

Dave had a damn good crack. I'm glad he was here for five years. Dramatically improved us. But it was time for a fresh energy and a more sustainable way of working. The club have gone for someone who has proven he can embrace youth which for me is a massive factor. One of the assets at Cardiff is our youth setup/catchment area. For all his many strengths, DJ proved that he was not the man to capitalise on this great asset.

17. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I still believe we over-achieved last season with a poor midfield and a week defence at times. The front line should have seen us promoted and yes DJ failed to use some of the youth players.
    I do believe the expectations of some were unrealistic and I believe Malky is going to find it difficult to make everyone happy and I hope he is given a fair crack by all the fans.

18. Double-Dragon

Double-Dragon Member

Yeah Taff. Hope Malky gets a fair crack.

Don't agree that we over achieved last season at all. I feel the bubble burst in the last QPR game. One which we absolutely deserved to win and with a decent ref, would've done. I honestly believe we would have claimed an auto spot had we won that game.

But that game is a good example of what DJ's side was like good and bad. We could bombard teams with attacks, but rarely DOMINATE the game. We have been easy to penetrate through and leak goals when we're on top.

19. T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY

Nice to see so many old (and young) bbc 606'rs on here all we need now is SALAD DRAGON but he is probably waiting for the season to begin at the Liberty the fickle git.

20. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

I am thankful for DJ for making us a top Championship club and getting us in within a shot for the last three years. Promotion is not easy and if we achieve it this year it will be down to hard work, skill and a nice dose of luck - so many tops teams in this league that you always need a bit of luck. Look how many late goals Norwich scored this season...