1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League PEEHS Weekly Reveal and Scores Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tommytoonAA, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommytoonAA

tommytoonAA Active Member

GW 26. Who will have been yellow carded in more than one game?

This week we moved away from the traditional questions and were after the consistent petty foulers. Those that are the masters of the niggly, professional foul.

A notable absentee from the list of answers was Joey Barton (6 bookings in 6 games, a run that was only broken by him getting sent off in the 7th game!). Pretty surprised by that one but maybe everyone though that was the obvious answer and double guessed themselves.

So can B4E carry on his reign at the top or will we have an NUFC fan on the top step of the podium? Will my dad get his first correct answer and therefore make sure everyone at least has one in the game? Will Newcastle ever win away at the Etihad? We already know the answer to one of those, let's find out the other 2!

2. tommytoonAA

Firstly as always we will start with the incorrect answers, in alphabetical order.

1) He's come out of the doghouse this season and in my opinion is a very underrated right back with a bit of a hot-headed streak. Not enough of a hot head in 2015 as far as we're concerned though...

Incorrect Answer - Alan Hutton
    El Marko

2) The ACON meant he was away for a large chunk of this period (if not all of it!) but injury ensured he hasn't played a single game in the black and white stripes so far in 2015...

Incorrect Answer - Cheik Tiote
    CryMeARiviere
    Albert's Chip Shop
    Ose Mon Repose

3) The new player in the Sky Sports crosshairs (according to a certain special one at least) yet he hasn't actually been booked so far this calendar year...

Incorrect Answer - Diego Costa
    Beardface

4) The afro-haired midfielder who moved across the Pennines fairly recently. Known for his flying elbows they haven't landed a blow yet so far...

Incorrect Answer - Marouane Fellaini
    Heed

5) One of my favourite English centre backs at the moment. Is known for diving in to challenges but has been in and out of the team lately...

Incorrect Answer - Gary Cahill
    B4E

6) A good defender in my eyes, fairly key player for this newly promoted side but ironically if this user had gone with his namesake he'd have been correct...

Incorrect Answer - Jason Shackell
    Yacob

7) He's as bald as your great granddad; as bad tempered as your great granddad; and as good at football as your great granddad (assuming your great granddad was a professional football in the 50s)...

Incorrect Answer - Jonjo Shelver
    Cheik the Room

8.) Our lovely neighbours' combatant midfielder barely gets a game at the moment through injury (and probably because he's a bit ****e too)...

Incorrect Answer - Lee Cattermole
    Beatski
    TJR
    ALF

9) He's been played so out of position at QPR but has popped up with the odd goal. Unfortunately that means sweet-eff-ay in this question...

Incorrect Answer - Leroy Fer
    Cabella the Redeemer

10) At some point the older generation must give way to the youngsters. And for this man there's no exception (damn him because I chose him)...

Incorrect Answer - Mathieu Flamini
    Sienna88
    TommyToonAA

11) Again an international tournament means this guy hasn't played since the turn of the year...

Incorrect Answer - Mile Jedinak
    Cisse's Overheating Torso

12) Apparently described as our Yaya Toure by Jamie Redknapp. If only...

Incorrect Answer - Moussa Sissoko
    badgertoon20

13) A vicious little right back who apparently thinks he must look good in red and white stripes seeing as he moved from Sunderland to Stoke...

Incorrect Answer - Phil Bardsley
    Bodacious Benny

14) Our final incorrect answer is another Stoke player who barely seems to show up on any of the match reports at the moment...

Incorrect Answer - Steven N'Zonzi
    smbr77

We will all get our scores at the end of the reveal... On to the correct answers now!

3. tommytoonAA

So 6 correct answers are shared between 7 people... Let's see who guessed who!

1) Who'd have thought that Pirlo's English equivalent was hiding down the road in the shadows...

please log in to view this image

Correct Answer - Jack Colback
    LaFraise92
    Acid Hippo

2) This Spaniard has arguably been the signing of the season but has got a little snide side to his game. And it means my dad has his first correct answer of the game...

Correct Answer - Cesc Fabregas
    KWW1958

3) A West Brom defender that has a fairly common surname so caused me all sorts of hassle while looking up these scores! Our player doesn't mind though...

Correct Answer - Craig Dawson
    Less Hope Than Neville

4) Another right back chosen. This time he's a lot closer to our hearts and it does give me a great opportunity to remember this brilliant tackle...

GIF:

Correct Answer - Daryl Janmaat
    Heisen

5) This guy was a correct answer by week 3 in our game. Criminally underrated in all aspects of his game, including this one...

Correct Answer - Gareth Barry
    Matthieu

6) Finally we come to one of the many players we've been linked with over the years only to conveniently lose out at the last minute. He now resides in South Wales instead of North-East England...

Correct Answer - Neil Taylor
    Little Lion Man

Congratulations everyone! Now let's find out the scores...

4. tommytoonAA

Finally, the scores!

Incorrect answers receive 8 points this week (SHEEP answer of 2 [Jack Colback] plus 6 correct answers) so the new table looks like this... and we have a change at both ends!

• Acid Hippo - 26
      B4E - 27
      Little Lion Man - 30
      TommyToonAA - 32
      Bodacious Benny - 33
      Less Hope Than Neville - 33
      Ose Mon Repose - 34
      Matthieu - 35
      Albert's Chip Shop - 37
      Beardface - 41
      LaFraise92 - 42
      badgertoon20 - 43
      CryMeARiviere - 43
      Heisen - 43
      Yacob - 44
      TJR - 45
      Heed - 46
      smbr77 - 46
      ALF - 47
      El Marko - 47
      Cabella the Redeemer - 51
      Cisse's Overheating Torso - 55
      Beatski - 57
      KWW1958 - 57
      Sienna88 - 57
      Cheik the Room - 61

So B4E has been toppled by Acid Hippo who's impressively got 5 out of 7 questions right so far! Dad moves off the bottom thanks to Cesc and Cheik the Room now props everyone else up. It's tight as always though so one gameweek can make or break it still!

Next time we're looking for those who have scored a direct free kick. Not many so far so let's hope for some action over the course of Sunday and next week! Until then, have a good weekend and thanks

5. tommytoonAA

Our 2 questions this week were as follows:

GW27: Who will have scored directly from a free kick?

GW28: Who will have received a red card?

Not many correct answers for either question this week (and the free-kick one was a bitch to keep track of so that's coming out next season!) but let's get on with it shall we, starting with the GW27 question...

6. tommytoonAA

Who will have scored directly from a free kick?

1) This guy from Northern Ireland has got a great left peg on him but hasn't hit the target yet this year...

Incorrect Answer - Chris Brunt

2) One of the hottest prospects around and has been on the scoresheet a lot this year so far. None from a dead ball situation though...

Incorrect Answer - Danny Ings
    Ose Mon Repose

3) A quick striker who plays at Crystal Palace. But hasn't scored a free-kick yet...

Incorrect Answer - Dwight Gayle
    Cheik The Room

4) One of the best players in the Premier League at the moment. No such luck for Dad on this question though...

Incorrect Answer - Eden Hazard
    KWW1958

5) Not too sure what's happened to this Icelandic international so far in 2015 but I think injuries and suspensions have mounted on top of each other...

Incorrect Answer - Gylfi Sigurdsson
    LaFraise92
    Yacob
    Less Hope Than Neville
    El Marko

6) A little Spaniard who moved from an eccentric Portuguese manager to a mad Dutchman...

Incorrect Answer - Juan Mata
    Heed

7) Probably a great shout but they've probably made it into the oppositions third no more than 8 times this year so far...

Incorrect Answer - Leighton Baines
    Cabella the Redeemer
    Beatski

8.) He went to West Ham, got sent on loan to QPR and has still done bugger all...

Incorrect Answer - Mauro Zarate
    Heisen

9) Harry Redknapp's probably made more money through signing this man on sly backhanders than you or I will earn in our lifetime...

Incorrect Answer - Nico Kranjcar
    B4E

10) This other little Spaniard cannot change his height (rainbow laces advert...anyone...no...?)...

Incorrect Answer - Santi Cazorla
    Sienna88

11) I don't know if this man even takes free-kicks considering Yaya Toure, David Silva, Kolarov and Samir Nasri are often in the same team...

Incorrect Answer - Sergio Aguero
    Matthieu

12) The media darling...

Incorrect Answer - Stevie G
    Albert's Chip Shop
    Little Lion Man

13) I thought this guy would surprise me, but I forgot how ****e Hull are...

Incorrect Answer - Tom Huddlestone
    TommyToonAA

14) This guy actually scores 100% of free kicks that he gets on target...

Incorrect Answer - Wayne Rooney
    Bodacious Benny
    Acid Hippo

15) The big Ivorian hasn't really stepped up to the plate so far this year...

Incorrect Answer - Yaya Toure
    CryMeARiviere
    TJR

We shall all get our scores in a little bit! But first, let's find out who was correct :)

7. tommytoonAA

There was only one correct answer as far as I can tell for this question. No surprises over who it is!

1) He scored to put his team 1-0 up against West Brom, 3 days after a wonderful free kick in the Carling Cup. It's the man who I often think looks like he should be an IT consultant, but makes 50x that much by kicking a pigs bladder around a bit of grass instead...

Correct Answer - Christian Eriksen
    Beardface
    badgertoon20
    smbr77
    ALF

Congratulations to those 4!

Unfortunately, it didn't really count for much except for bragging rights as they scored 4 points while all of us with incorrect answers will score 5 points.

It is now on to the next question...

8. tommytoonAA

GW28: Who will have received a red card?

1) He has got a hot head but is showing faith at Villa Park by staying on the pitch so far this season...

Incorrect Answer - Alan Hutton
    Less Hope Than Neville

2) No flying elbows, studs or foreheads yet in 2015 from this hardman...

Incorrect Answer - Branislav Ivanovic
    Sienna88

3) A good left foot and a fiesty temper made this guy a good guess, but he failed to deliver any entertainment in this instance...

Incorrect Answer - Charlie Adam
    Cheik the Room
    TJR

4) Can't believe I was the only one to pick our favourite dutchman...

Incorrect Answer - Daryl Janmaat
    TommyToonAA

5) He's got a hot head and thrives on winding people up. Probably brilliant to play with but a **** to play against...

Incorrect Answer - Diego Costa
    Cabella the Redeemer
    Beatski
    smbr77

6) He plays with the above player, and marks him every day in training...

Incorrect Answer - Gary Cahill
    Ose Mon Repose
    ALF

7) He plays in our shadow, smashes up cars and reminds me of a little yapper dog (tiny, big mouth and thinks he's harder than he is)...

Incorrect Answer - Lee Cattermole
    Beardface
    Albert's Chip Shop
    Bodacious Benny
    Matthieu

8.) Unfortunately for this tattooed Frenchman he dislocated his shoulder and is out for a decent amount of time. Our original nutter at right back...

Incorrect Answer - Matthieu Debuchy
    Heed
    El Marko
    Little Lion Man

9) I actually can't think of anyone slower than this man. Even Mike Williamson looks like a gazelle running away from a lion in comparison...

Incorrect Answer - Richard Dunne
    badgertoon20

10) I keep forgetting this ginger midfielder used to play for Chelsea at one point...

Incorrect Answer - Steve Sidwell
    Yacob

11) He is known for a a bit of a crunching tackle but seems to have lost that part of his game over the last few years...

Incorrect Answer - Stevie G
    Heisen

12) Unusually this man was suspended by his club without actually doing anything wrong from a footballing sense and hasn't played in the league since...

Incorrect Answer - Wojciech Szczesny
    B4E

Yet again, a lot of us were wrong so we will get our scores in a little bit! On to the smart arses, I mean players who are correct...

9. tommytoonAA

2 correct answers this time, although one in very dodgy circumstances!

1) The ban may have been rescinded but the red card was branded to this ex Man Utd defender who apparently has the really unfortunate attribute of looking like John O'Shea...

Correct Answer - Wes Brown
    CryMeARiviere
    KWW1958
    Acid Hippo

2) Our only ace of the round is a big Dutch defender who got sent off which lead to Villa losing... always a great thing...

Correct Answer - Ron Vlaar
    LaFraise92

Congratulations you 4!

Incorrect answer scored 5 points here (2 incorrect answers plus the SHEEP score of 3 [Wes Brown]) so let's find out the table...

10. tommytoonAA

Finally we can get to the scores after nearly 2 hours of typing!

The gap at the top widens but there isn't much movement elsewhere, except for Little Lion Man pushing me out of the final podium position <cry>

• Acid Hippo - 34
      B4E - 37
      Little Lion Man - 40
      TommyToonAA - 42
      Bodacious Benny - 43
      Less Hope Than Neville - 43
      Ose Mon Repose - 44
      Matthieu - 45
      Albert's Chip Shop - 47
      LaFraise92 - 48
      Beardface - 50
      CryMeARiviere - 51
      badgertoon20 - 52
      Heisen - 53
      Yacob - 54
      TJR - 55
      smbr77 - 55
      Heed - 56
      ALF - 56
      El Marko - 57
      Cabella the Redeemer - 61
      Cisse's Overheating Torso - 65
      KWW1958 - 65
      Beatski - 67
      Sienna88 - 67
      Cheik the Room - 71

Thanks for reading and we will be back in a couple of weeks time! <cheers>

11. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Great work as ever TT <ok>

12. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

No surprise to see you doing well in a 'backward sheep' competition Reek. <laugh>

tommytoonAA likes this.
  13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

14. tommytoonAA

Apologies for the delay in this reveal guys! I was skiing last week so obviously didn't have the time to do the reveal. So like a cheesy '90s pop song, 2 reveals become 1 again...

Here are the 2 questions that we were asking this week:

GW 29) Who will have been substituted at least three times?

GW 30) Who will have scored at least 2 in a game?

So here we go, **** loads of typing for me and **** loads of reading for you...

Oh but first, obligatory skiing pics to make everyone jealous:

Now I'll stop looking so smug and get on with it! Good luck everyone... there were some big winners and big losers this week.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  15. tommytoonAA

Incorrect Answers:

1) A Newcastle youngster, so that probably means he'll end up rapping some day and never making it past league 1...

Incorrect Answer - Adam Armstrong
    ALF

2) The man of the season at the moment by a long shot. He was subbed twice but a few tight games for Spurs meant they kept him on the pitch for all 90 for the last few matches and as a result he is an incorrect answer...

Incorrect Answer - Harry Kane
    B4E

3) A Man Utd youngster who started to get a name for himself in the first part of the season but god knows where he's disappeared to since...

Incorrect Answer - James Wilson
    Ose Mon Repose

4) This speedy winger came on as a sub a few times but never actually got substituted if he started a match. The incorrect streak continues for this user...

Incorrect Answer - Jesus Navas

5) Barely played this calendar year so far due to internationals and then got banned for an elbow on his first team return...

Incorrect Answer - Mile Jedinak
    badgertoon20

6) I thought this quiffed Frenchman was a guaranteed answer here having been subbed twice by GW 23 but apparently not...

Incorrect Answer - Olivier Giroud
    CryMeARiviere
    TommyToonAA

7) In order to be a correct answer here you really need to start games. Something this Spaniard just isn't doing at the moment...

Incorrect Answer - Roberto Soldado
    Yacob

8.) He should have been subbed for the clash between his hair colour and their home kit on its own but Mr Bruce stuck with him on multiple occasions...

Incorrect Answer - Stephen Quinn
    TJR

All of us will get our scores at the end of the reveal so now it's on to the correct answers... quite a few for this question!

16. tommytoonAA

Correct Answers:

1) If you thought Mr Giroud's hair was bad then you ain't seen nothing until you see this barnet! Unfortunately a lot of us have seen it as he's a Newcastle player. Substituted 3 times by GW 25 this young Frenchman is our SHEEP answer of the round...

Correct Answer - Remy Cabella
    Beatski
    Cheik The Room
    Albert's Chip Shop
    Heed
    smbr77

2) Another Newcastle player; another Frenchman; zero hair but subbed in the first 3 weeks meant he was clearly not in favour...

Correct Answer - Yoan Gouffran
    LaFraise92
    El Marko
    Matthieu
    Acid Hippo

3) Every other answer is an ace! Starting with Michaelangelo, or is it Donatello...

Correct Answer - Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain
    Sienna88

4) The young man who's scored 2 goals all season (or something really low like that) yet can't fathom why he's missed out on an England call-up. No wonder they say footballers are thick...

Correct Answer - Connor Wickham
    Less Hope Than Neville

5) A great answer here to be fair. Although I'd imagine most of these substitutions are to stop him getting sent off...

Correct Answer - Diego Costa
    Little Lion Man

6) Leicester's striker who boasts the dazzling CV of Stocksbridge Park Steels FC, Halifax Town and Fleetwood before joining the foxes in 2012...

Correct Answer - Jamie Vardy
    Heisen

7) Liverpool's little precious England talent who apparently needs his beauty sleep at about 70 minutes most matches...

Correct Answer - Raheem Sterling
    Cabella the Redeemer

8.) Our very own mr lanky himself...

Correct Answer - Sammy Ameobi
    Beardface

9) Apparently known as the Scottish Messi. I'll let that sink in for a moment...

Correct Answer - Stephen Naismith
    Bodacious Benny

10) Finally the very good but petulant Serbian who plies his trade on the South coast of England now...

Correct Answer - Tadic
    KWW1958

Phew! Congrats everyone... lots of correct answers there which never bodes well for those of us who got it wrong!

Before we get to the scores I've got to do this all over again! On we go!!

17. tommytoonAA

Incorrect Answers:

1) He used to play for us; he always gets linked back to us; he probably will never play for us again...

Incorrect Answer - Andy Carroll
    El Marko
    KWW1958

2) I don't think he's even scored in 2015 yet! Mind you, have we even scored as a team in 2015 yet...

Incorrect Answer - Ayoze Perez
    Cheik The Room

3) Unfortunately a knee ligament injury stopped this guys 2015 very short just as he was starting to find his way in this league...

Incorrect Answer - Bojan
    Heisen

4) He's scored a lot but not a brace this year yet...

Incorrect Answer - Danny Ings
    B4E
    Acid Hippo

5) A good player but hasn't really set anything alight yet...

Incorrect Answer - Diafra Sakho
    Less Hope Than Neville

6) I had to double check this one but nope, only scored one in the games that he's scored in so far in 2015...

Incorrect Answer - Eden Hazard
    badgertoon20
    Ose Mon Repose

7) Apparently he needs to be in a team where he's playing every week. Maybe try scoring then, Sir...

Incorrect Answer - Falcao
    Yacob

8.) Another one who's yet to even score in 2015 so far, let alone score a brace...

Incorrect Answer - Graziano Pelle
    Cabella the Redeemer
    Beardface

9) One of my favourite players to watch but injury and suspension meant I've barely been able to recently...

Incorrect Answer - Gylfi Sigurdsson
    CryMeARiviere

10) He has a knack of popping up in the right spot but I reckon his legs are starting to let him down a bit now...

Incorrect Answer - Kevin Nolan
    Matthieu

11) He scored 2 against Swansea, Chelsea and Hull in 2014 but only a couple of singles since then...

Incorrect Answer - Papiss Cisse
    Beatksi
    Albert's Chip Shop

12) Maybe a call up into England's squad is a bit further away than 6 months ago for this young man...

Incorrect Answer - Saido Berahino

13) He's spent more time on the sidelines than on the pitch which isn't ideal for this kind of question...

Incorrect Answer - Theo Walcott
    smbr77

14) Looked like a great guess, until a move to Man City basically guaranteed he'd be an incorrect answer...

Incorrect Answer - Wilfried Bony
    Heed
    Bodacious Benny

Again, everyone here will get their scores at the end of the reveal! Next the correct answers...

18. tommytoonAA

Correct Answers:

1) When he's on form this little striker is almost unplayable and so it proved against Stoke in Gameweek 25...

Correct Answer - Sergio Aguero
    Little Lion Man
    TJR
    ALF

2) What a buy this guy has been. A brace against Swansea in the 5-0 thrashing cemented his place as a correct answer...

Correct Answer - Diego Costa
    LaFraise92
    Sienna88

3) Finally, I have an ace! Woohoo! As with Sergio Aguero, his brace came against Stoke and he's been a delight to watch all season...

Correct Answer - Alexis Sanchez
    TommyToonAA

After all that let's do the scores before my hands cramp up!

19. tommytoonAA

As I mentioned right at the top of the thread, there are some big movements this week both at the top and at the bottom... those of us who got the first question wrong really paid the price and will have to go some way to make it back to contention. We now have a tie at the top and there is a new person on the bottom of the pile!

Incorrect answers for the GW29 question received 15 points (SHEEP answer of 5 [Remy Cabella] with 10 correct answers).

Incorrect answers for the GW30 question received 6 points (SHEEP answer of 3 [Sergio Aguero] with 3 correct answers).
    • Acid Hippo - 44
      Little Lion Man - 44
      Bodacious Benny - 50
      Less Hope Than Neville - 50
      LaFraise92 - 54
      Matthieu - 55
      Beardface - 57
      B4E - 58
      Albert's Chip Shop - 58
      TommyToonAA - 58
      Heisen - 60
      Ose Mon Repose - 65