1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pearson to Leicester

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Nov 14, 2011.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

According to various sources on the internet (none of whom are known for their reliability) Paul Scholes is going to be the new Man Utd reserve team manager as Warren Joyce is going to Hull to replace Nigel Pearson who is finally coming back to Leicester.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...Warren-Joyce-heads-to-Hull-article830059.html

What do Hull fans think - you might be getting your old manager back too so is that one positive coming out of this whole mess?

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It looks like the Joyce deal is off.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Nigel is back and im delighted, we have a manager now who knows the divison and knows how to get people to play. We was very difficult to beat under Pearson and didnt concede many goals. Nigel will has a quality squad here just needs sorting out into some formation. We have pratically gained a new striker aswell in Martyn Waghorn and hopefully Nigel can get him back to what he was for us the first time. Nigel spent money very well when he was here with Wellens, Gallagher, Tunchev all costing a decent fee and was all worth it. So he will do very well im sure with the rumoured 8M to spend

Theres only 1 Nigel Pearson

4. AndaluzTiger

AndaluzTiger Member

But, can he get people to score?

5. Proud Fox

He dont need to, we have him

please log in to view this image

And with King, Gallagher, Beckford, Schlupp, Dyer and Waghorn all capable of chipping in we will have no problems scoring goals once the midfield is sorted

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I think as this is article about our new manager who isn't going to be our new manager, it's possibly best removed from our board for now, when we actually get a manager, you can bung another one up. <ok>

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Until there is something official from Leicester then he isn't our manager - plus Waghorn is still at Hull and we might not have a recall in the contract so he could be there until Jan.

BBC are reporting that it will be complete tomorrow http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15621888.stm

8. Proud Fox

He is pretty much our manager, any obstacles have now been beaten. All emergency loans like the one that took Waggy to Hull have a re call clause in there but it can only be activated after 28 days. This is why Sven wouldnt loan out Sean St. Ledger

So Waggy could be re called anytime but i dont think we will do it until everything is fully completed with Nigel and his other staff coming back

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Who are you looking at then? - only other plausible rumours I've heard is Karl Robinson and Steve McClaren.

I have a soft spot for Hull stemming from when I was on holiday in Spain when I watched you win the playoffs in a bar there - there are a surprising number of ex-pats from Hull there and I remember the massive cheer when Dean Windass scored.

Don't remember much else as each of the ex-pats bought a round for everyone in the bar and as there were around 20 of them, I had a fun time getting smashed :)

10. Proud Fox

The Pearson to #lcfc saga should be concluded officially today from the Hull end. Maybe an announcement from them tonight #groundhogday

From Stringer

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

No idea, we seem to have had all out eggs in the Joyce basket, McClaren may have been in the running(though he's possibly about to be offered the Club Brugge job) and there's a chance we're still looking at Robinson. Personally, I'd look at Sean O'Driscoll, did wonders at Donny with no money, he's fairly local and he has a reputation for playing decent football.

12. Proud Fox

Sean O'Driscoll would do a good job for you.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Waghorn wasn't an emergency loan he was a 6 month loan at the end of the summer window, so may or may not have a recall. He's our player now ta.

14. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Id have been happy with Drissy at the KP - so a big thumbs up if he heads over to the KC

15. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Sorry but I disagree with this OLM. Unless by "we" you mean the internet, crap papers selling lies, forums and generally nothing even remotely official. Just by trending on twitter doesnt make something a fact.

Theres been no indication from the actual club that we were after Joyce at all. I've thought all along that they'll have someone lined up that will surprise us in the same way we got NP in the first place. Possibly O'D, possibly McLaren, possibly MK Karl, or just as possibly, someone noone online thought of.

The only fact I can think of is, no matter who it is, there will be a vocal minority spouting off about how **** he is.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Fair comment, though we did talk to Joyce this weekend and he was expected to take up the job and has evidentially decided not to(that's not from the internet).

17. Roary The Tiger

I'll take Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as our new manager :)

18. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

The chances of that happening are very slim.

City will now look for the cheapest manager they can find. Robinson, O'Driscoll probably fit this bill the best.

Hope we nip all this speculation in the bud soon as possible.

19. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, wasn't getting at you, you're one of the few on here who I trust when you post info, just in general theres lots of talk about stuff, that years ago woulda just happened in local pubs, but now everyones got access to more info and misinfo than is good for them.

Oh I sound old now, cheers!

20. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Proud Fox: I should take on board what BigFox writes, if I were you. There is only one Nigel Pearson - and he's not yet officially yours....