1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PDC to listen to offers for Sess?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Cest Advocaat, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Should we keep sess?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Is PDC about to listen to offers for Sessegnon? Looks very much like he is. Thoughts?

please log in to view this image

2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Every player has a price, If his leaving covers a couple coming in of a high standard I don't see how we can complain.

I'd miss him though, while he's not been the most consistent he's been utterly class at times.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I will generate more funds for his recruitment drive.

4. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

we should not sell Sess

end of

5. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

Errr, this !

........with F*ckin' bells on !

We must keep Sess !

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Have the story instead of the headline.

STÉPHANE Sessègnon could be a surprise victim of the wide-ranging Paolo Di Canio revolution at Sunderland, writes MARK DOUGLAS.

Di Canio is overseeing major changes this summer and the club have already secured deals for four out-of-contract players – along with making moves for Argentinian defender Lucas Orban and Serbian winger Milos Krasic. But major surgery to the club’s playing staff will not be limited to incoming players, with Di Canio prepared to be utterly ruthless in getting the right chemistry in his Black Cats group.

That could include sacrificing some of the club’s more high-profile players, with a measure of uncertainty now clouding Sessègnon’s future on Wearside. The Journal understands that sources close to the player have told at least one Premier League club that Di Canio would be ready to listen to offers for their client in the last week.

It has not gone any further than that at this stage, but the Italian was understood to be dismayed by Sessègnon’s red card at Aston Villa, which led to Di Canio levying a fine against the Benin play-maker.

He also ordered Sessègnon, along with Craig Gardner, to continue training at the Academy of Light during the run-in that both were banned from.

Di Canio’s priority is the team rather than individuals and he will be prepared to sacrifice star players if he believes it will benefit Sunderland as a whole.

He is considering major changes in Sunderland’s style of play and their system, which will be radically altered from the rigid formation that saw Sessègnon playing the ‘number ten’ role behind Danny Graham.

Instead, Di Canio wants to completely overhaul Sunderland’s attacking options and is ready to cash in on Cardiff’s interest in Danny Graham, with fellow striker Connor Wickham also available if the price is right.

It had been widely assumed that Sessègnon would be part of his plans but if a sizeable offer was to come in for a player who has been on Manchester City’s radar in the past, it would allow Di Canio the funds to carry out even more extensive team-building.

The Italian has been in regular contact with Roberto De Fanti and is prepared to be ruthless in making the changes that he believes the club needs to avoid a repeat of their 17th place finish last year.

Defender Phil Bardsley will be told today to find a new club, with sources close to the player admitting to The Journal that they are “99% certain” that he has played his last game for Sunderland. Hull City have been credited with an interest in the defender. Sunderland continue to be active in the transfer market and have made an offer to Argentinian club Tigre for their left-back Lucas Obran, although they have been told to improve it to have a chance of landing the 24-year-old, who can also play in the centre of defence.

They are still interested in Danny Rose, although they know Tottenham will not be looking for a quick sale of a player who is also interesting Liverpool.

Rose is currently with the England Under-21 squad which arrived in Israel yesterday ahead of the European Championship finals, which begin on Wednesday and run until June 18.

The Black Cats have already made moves to sign Modibo Diakité, the Lazio defender, and Maritimo stopper Valentin Roberge, while their deal for FC Basel’s Cabral was confirmed on the Swiss club’s Twitter feed on Saturday.

Talk of a £6.5m bid for Simon Mignolet from Liverpool can be dismissed, however.

Sunderland are aware they are vulnerable to suitors for Mignolet – indeed former Newcastle man Fraser Forster has been earmarked as a contingency plan replacement – but it would take much more to tempt them into selling the Belgium goalkeeper.

7. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

He infuriates me does Sess' if Paolo doesn't think he can improve him he can cash in for me.

8. benno

benno New Member

A lot of times he runs into a dead end when an early or easy pass could have set up a chance for a goal. On the evidence of the last few games Johnson was coming good & more of a team player.
    If the price is good i would let him go. Use the cash to try & get Danny Rose

9. froggy1973

froggy1973 Well-Known Member

Totally wrong to sell Sess, I'm starting to get worried about Di Canio if this sort of thing is coming out of the club there's going to be one monumental **** up and if he starts selling Sess and others we'll be relegated!

10. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Im mixed on this one. He's our most gifted player for sure but I can understand the argument the he is a real problem. He's hard to fit into a team in a way and we've had to set up to play for him and he hasn't been consistent or hit the back of the net enough to warrant the team being built around him.

11. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

On his day he is very good but, drifts in and out of games for me and those very good days were few and far between. It could be the dross he is having to play with mind so for me with the new players coming in I'd keep him.

12. Dannyaccherini

People who brush Sess off and say he wont be missed are bonkers! Look at the last 3 games without him, we were just another Stoke!

This little guy is one of the main reasons, if not the reason I still have a season ticket. Just as soon as he gets the ball you take note, if we were stupid enough to sell him it would cost an absolute fortune to replace him and that type of player probably wouldn't come to Sunderland anyway.

Hes 29 now so we would barely get the £6M we paid for him so I am more than happy for him to see out his career at Sunderland and I would be honored of he did.

PDC wont sell him either the way he was talking about making him even better last season, this article is rubbish, absolute rubbish.

13. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

This that is a very good point - he has been playing with players like Danny Graham!!!

Definitely a keeper for me - the story has very few quotes in and will either be the Newcastle based press stirring up **** or the players agent vying for more money - either way I'll believe it only when SAFC print the story about him!!

14. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

It's a two way street, what did Sess do to help Danny graham?

15. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Keep him for me

16. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

To be fair - when I think back, (and yes I'm backtracking!!) Graham looked a better player when Sessegnon played - when Sess wasn't there he had nothing at all IMO! Sessegnon is 10 times the playter Graham is and, IMO, the side should be built around him next season - as for the £6.5m for Mignolet - Liverpudlians seem to try to rob everyone don't they!!

17. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

In the article, it says we would listen to sizable offers.

If someone came in for 20 to 25 million, then we would have to listen. Otherwise keep him.

Besides, the article refers to Sess's red card as the reason. Seems like lazy Journo's imo as Di Canio has said he like both Sess and Gardner, and I doubt a red card would make him sell. (if so, we can defo say goodbye to Catts as well ;) )

18. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Your right mate red card vs opener against the nags and the winner vs everton, total bull

19. biffa1965

biffa1965 Member

Spot on !! Totally lazy journalism,theres no way we will release Sess, PDC has stated that he is integral to his plans

20. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

While he can be infuriating at times, he can be sublime as well and i firmly beleive that in an attacking based team, surrounded by the right type of player then he will flourish and we'll see just exactly what he CAN do.

It's not just the Danny Graham thing, you can't just blame him, there are 8 other outfield players supplying poor quality balls into the attack, put him in the right team and he will be brilliant. No doubt.

Saying that, if a silly offer come in then he isn't that good yet, that he can't be capitalised on.