1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Payet

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Toon_Man_Sam1, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

The way west ham have behaved this transfer window with cheeky low bids, anyone think we should make a formal offer of £2m for payet?

Obi Wan likes this.
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

That's a bit steep.
    £5m + Sels.

Fork Handles likes this.
  3. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

So £5m + Sels = £1m by my math?

I do think the whole Payet situation is funny, West Ham fans are besotted by him, he has his own song and probably is the highest shirt seller and jut because their a little lower in the league (mainly because the team hasn't performed) he wants out.

Sounds Familiar no? Maybe Payet will join Big Sam at Palace and dye his hair blonde! #Cabaye

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Payet is a good example of the modern day footballer. Once they decide they want to go you get 25% of what they are capable of. Very few examples of players bucking that trend. Cabaye is probably one of the few I can remember putting in the same effort. And he had taken a lot of stick so could have took the huff. Disappointing for Bilic but its probably a good example of sometimes, in modern football, there is a good time to sell. If he'd hawked in 40m-50m he could have strengthened. They have pull as a London club. They've probably seen 20m fall off his value. The issue with Payet will be if and when he makes a big move, can he do it when he is no longer the big fish in the little pond. I suspect ability wise he probably can but it will take a certain kind of manager who can show him the love.

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Sels carries a negative transfer value mate as we'd pay someone to take him......

6. Warmir Pouchov

You gotta love Bilic though, his principles are bang on. I just fail to see the point in this day and age.

7. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Quite rightly so, he refused to play if my memory serves me right. Wouldn't call that putting in even 25% of what he was capable of. Lost all previous love for him after that.

8. Warmir Pouchov

True but at least he manned up, apologised and when he got back on the pitch he gave it everything. I'd rather have one huffy strop than players causing a slow death.

9. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

So you prefer Bri more than Fredor?

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  10. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Crikey have you got a Cabaye tattoo or something? History blur the facts much?! Cabaye went on bleedin' strike, so when he's sat at home huffing because he wants out I'm struggling to see how that's giving the same effort!!!

I think Bilic, and any manager who pulls this one, is daft. As soon as a player's head isn't in it they should be out the door. Bilic kept picking him knowing he wasn't interested. If anyone acted like that I'd have them up for sale, in the u-21's and I'd tell every press outlet "Player X doesn't want to play here anymore. He's for sale. He's not training in the first eleven because he's acting like a pathetic, petulant boy with too much pocket money. We won't sell for cheap, he will cost - without fail - £££, but until he's sold, for however long that takes, he will not be playing first team football."

Watch the greedy fckers tow the line a little better then.

Oh, and all agents should be burned. It should be illegal.

11. Warmir Pouchov

It would certainly seem that history does blur the facts. I have already alluded to the fact that Cabaye refused to play in two games. He was actually fined for this and accepted it. He also apologised for his actions. To be honest your view on Cabaye as I thought about many at the time is absolutely nonsensical. Ask yourself this - would you rather have a player on the pitch damaging your prospects in those two games doing a Payet, or a player refusing to play because his heads not right and somebody else getting a chance and giving 100%? If its the former you are, in the words of my great friend Chaos, stupid <laugh>

Seriously Cabaye got what he deserved from the fans. He took it on the chin and gave everything when he was on the pitch. Indeed his effort against Villa was excellent. His effort on the pitch was always outstanding. He had bad games, but I don't think he ever didn't try. Payet is not trying, which is disjointing his team. He is clearly also causing dissent in the ranks.

Of course ideally a player stays and accepts he can't have his move. Reality is different so you have to choose which is the better option - a player refusing to play because they don't feel they can give 100% or player quite happy to go on the pitch and give 25% hopefully picking up the odd bonus? Its a no brainer.

The aggressive approach with players is a waste of time now - it doesn't work. Its the same when addressing performance in match. Even Eddie Jones knows it! http://www.skysports.com/rugby-unio...oss-eddie-jones-hails-big-mongrel-diego-costa

12. TheSecondComing

I hope he is good at Chinese, cause unless Mourinho is desperate to add to his collection of old duffers or PSG decide they need to add yet another AM, I'm afraid that's the only place he's heading.

13. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

If you mingle with the big clubs they buy your best players and then you get relegated