1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul Clement Appointed Swans Manager!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Just been appointed apparently!
    Just noticed that the Swans have accumulated 12 points thus far. Things look bleak at this time, but we were still in the battle for safety until the last couple of games as I recall. Genuinely hope they make it pals! :emoticon-0103-cool:

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

paul clement ah right good signing that :emoticon-0126-nerd::emoticon-0126-nerd:.......who the fk is paul clement?....any ways good luck 2 them cos they fking need it from what ive seen today <laugh>.........genuinely feel sorry for the likes of stumpy and cartoon, but I know they are realists and never expected 2 have stayed this long in the first place.....still a slight chance they can turn it around but they look proper whipping boys this year

3. aberdude

seemed appropriate and besides I like bells with faces on

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

A good appointment. They are a seriously bad side. The players they relied on in the past are older and way past it and theyve made some terrible signings. Clement will have done a good job if they are mid table next year in the Championship.

For their sake their players better have relegation clauses in their contracts or they could have serious problems.

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Interesting quote from Neil Taylor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38483627

Does that mean the players didn't work hard for Bradley? That's a bit of an admission. Only the players to blame if they go down then.

6. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

we are not seriously bad, we are pathetic atm, hopefully Clement can restore some pride. we have a crap team, the lack of quality signings in the past 2-3 seasons is showing now, I believe with this current side we would struggle in the championship - brutal but honest assessment of the current situation

7. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Clement is a top class coach and done well for Derby as a manager, I'm a bit surprised he has not been picked up by one of the big boys.

8. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Have to agree Dai. However, he needs for the Swans American board not to get trigger happy at the end of the season and blame him for the ****e they are currently in. Given time I believe he could turn it round but not in 6 months <ok>

9. DaiJones

You're right Sheep, he must be given time.

10. ccfcremotesupport

After saying he wanted the Swans job, Harry was quite scathing on MOTD. Maybe sulking at not getting the job but was quite harsh.

After the fight they showed against Palace to win that game, all the fight seems to have gone out of them. Capitulated big time in the last couple games. Something fundamentally wrong.

Even Mr Swansea, is not confident. Alan curtis saying the Swans would struggle to get back up if they were relegated.

Anyway, we've got our own concerns at the moment and need to start adding points at Villa this afternoon.

11. ccfcremotesupport

Just reading that it isn't a done deal but Bayern have given permission for the Swans to talk to him.

12. DaiJones

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  13. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

much depends on the Palace v White sox game tonight. Lose that and i think they are definitely doomed, they have to be long odds on to get relegated now.

14. aberdude

tbh they could relegate the bottom six teams from the prem every year because they are always fking sh.ite........anyways who knows whats in store for thy jacks, what will be will be........one thing I know for sure is the club is living on borrowed time just like our own <ok>

15. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Clement could well be the right sort and there's still plenty of time, but it tends to run out very quickly. How much support Clement gets from his board in January will determine which division they play in next year as much as his abilty as a manager.

Hull and Swansea both look to be in deep **** with those immediately above them having pretty useful people now in charge. Moyes, Allardyce, Karanka, Bilic, Ranieri and Hughes are all capable of pulling their clubs out of the mire - no idea if Clement is in the same category.

I think it's far easier to pull a Championship club around than one in the Premier League. A couple of million in the Championship at this time of year can make a huge difference to Warnock, but it's peanuts as far as Swansea's concerned. Their board need to invest big bucks in their defence or they'll definitely go down.

16. DaiJones

A massive win for the Swans tonight, Big Sam has to earn his corn now.

Hull have sacked their manager tonight too, I can't see them spending enough to improve.

17. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Yes, good start for Clement and the Swans, even though he hadn't really taken charge.

Not all plain sailing for Sam then.

Wonder who Hull will appoint? Rowett would be a very good fit given he is used to working under a tight budget.

18. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

After watching last nights game with a little bit of luck Swansea will stay up

19. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

This is the start of them coming unstuck from the sh*t they were stuck in. Mark my words <laugh>. The Sox will be pulled up.. Excuse the terrible pun.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  20. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any win is a good win at this time for them and especially over a fellow struggler - a true 6 pointer when they needed it.

The acid test for the "Clement effect" will come later in the season starting straight away with their next two Prem games against Arsenal and Liverpool.

If they get a point apiece from those two they could well stay up by overturning the other clubs in the bottom half of the table like last night.

Jay-Rede likes this.