1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Passion under the Lights

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

It was madness when we equalised. Obviously I'd have preferred for that goal to have been the winner rather than the equaliser, but I do enjoy those crazy last minute goals.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Agreed. And they're so much better than conceding crazy last minute goals, which used to be all too frequent.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't enjoy conceding last goals anywhere near as much.

One of the things I've enjoyed as a Fulham fan over the years is converting casual fans to active Fulham fans and/or convincing other fans to adopt Fulham as a second team. Late goals like Tuesday (and the ensuing bedlam) are very helpful to that.

5. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Talking of which - Barca showed a fair bit of passion last night, eh? I am surprised the bar I was in still has a roof to be honest. I have not seen scenes like that since Spain won the world cup for the first time - which I must post about sometime as it was quite incredible. Even down here the victory was seen as something special (and for some very sweet because it was against Emery, which is very unfair, but you know how fickle us football fans can be).

Marca's headline this morning is Apoteosico, which means Apotheosis in English as in the highest point of something and AS have reassembled with repairs, both of which I get but was expecting something a bit more along the lines of Magnifico. Quote of the night for me goes to Pique who said, "Hospitals should hire more midwives because there will be a lot of lovemaking tonight." I think he may be right.

If only I could read French. I'd love to know what their papers have to say about the PSG collapse.

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Histrionics !! Suarez should have gone for his 3 dives and instead he gets 1 yellow and 2 penalties. The ref bottled it !

And I could mention a much better fight back than that one !

7. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Oh the ref was appalling. Agreed. But it was still great to watch, even if Suarez did bend the rules slightly, but that's what makes watching him so enjoyable.

I think this was a greater fightback than the one we had against Juve. PSG are a better team than Juve were.

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

We were, of course, as good as this Barcelona team.:emoticon-0105-wink:

Captain Morgan and Cottager58 like this.