1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Parliament

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dorty Dogbreath, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

It's used outside of tort law too mate (i first encountered the former during my Law Degree though.. the latter when I did A Level Latin. My jive is.. people doing bad **** have no platform to beel which speaks for itself and is a no brainer.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

It's cool for folk to disagree.
    We all have our own opinions and are equally entitled to them. Freedom and democracy allows that.

3. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A lot of the stuff people say we should be doing is already being done. Think its important that we react in an appropriate manner though according to the laws of this country.
    Death penalty - its not on the statutes any more which to me is a good thing. Dont think it has a place in any civilised society.
    Revoking citizenship of terrorists and terrorist sympathisers - sounds great but only applicable where they weren't born British. The British ones are our problem and we need to deal with it ourselves. Its an uncomfortable fact that someone born and raised in UK can still feel that disaffected with civilised society that they are willing to die for some extremist ideal. We need to look at why that happens and deal with it through education and integration. The vast majority of Muslims in UK are not radicalised and feel part of UK society. Govt needs to pay more attention to why radicalisation happens and how to combat it without making the problem worse.
    Border control - think we already refuse visas for anyone with an ISIL passport<doh> and you cant do a Trump and decide that all country's citizens should be labelled terrorists just because some have come from there. We already have some of strictest border control in world. All Brexit will do is allow us to control EU citizens coming here to live and work. Suspect it will make very little difference to short term movement of EU citizens in this country. Just hope it doesn't actually reduce security by reducing cooperation between various European intelligence services.
    These events are horrific but what sets us apart from the people who commit them is how we react to them. If we overreact the terrorism has actually achieved its goal.

4. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

<doh>

5. Sammy's Silky Skills

Bullseye.

6. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but just because I have a different view to someone doesn't mean I can't tell them I think they're wrong. Too many people have had the reaction to terrorism that the terrorists wanted to elicit - fear and division. I just think it's a real shame that such a small minority are being allowed to change our society and the way we live, the way we think, and the way we vote.

7. Sammy's Silky Skills

Newton's third law states that for every action there is a reaction. Just putting it out there.

8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

What action or actions do you think 'we' did that caused this reaction from these people?

JakartaToon likes this.
  9. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Listen mate I never said I was pleased anyone is dead did I ?

I find your reply ignorant mate because I literately don't care

I'm being honest if it was my family or friend I'd be upset but not going to pretend

Millions die everyday am I supposed to care more about these two ?

10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

"equal and opposite" seems to have been left out.

Some people are stating that one or two criminals claiming no terrorist faction (to my knowledge) is grounds for bringing back the death penalty, using it forcefully without due process whilst also deporting UK citizens based on suspicion alone (to where exactly?). The correct path is probably somewhere in the middle, the gray area which is murky terrain but that doesn't sound as sexy or appealing as "deport everyone, hang everyone, paint our faces red and white and shout freedom".

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.

11. Captainchaos.

Unless proved wrong but when you're dealing with people that believe in flying unicorns what can you do ?

12. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

And the 2nd law of thermodynamics states that entropy (disorder) increasesin an isolated system - so does that mean we shouldnt have voted for Brexit?

haslam likes this.
  13. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

On average (based on the past decade) around 10 people will have died today from falling over and another 6-10 from road accidents. Come on Chaos, they may not have been as headline as this TERRORIST MASSACRE but surely you've shed a tear right?

Captainchaos. likes this.
  14. Captainchaos.

Are you holding your hand over you mouth mate

15. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Everyone knows that unicorns cant fly - stop talking bollocks Pantsy.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  16. brb

brb CR250

I'll give you a factual situation that goes to why radicalisation happens. The radicals are entitled to freedom of movement the same as everyone else, sadly the radicals then enter mosques to try and preach their hatred, the worshippers become afraid and will not report the radicals to the police for fear of reprisal, they just hope that the radicals move on. Hence the problem is spread though out the UK and people are frightened to speak out against it or stop the spread of it. Muslims in the main wish us no harm, but they need to accept there are a very small minority that do. Just by ignoring it is not integration into society, you protect yourself but are failing to protect your fellow citizens, turning a blind eye and not reporting it is unacceptable if any religion or belief truly wishes to live in peace.

JakartaToon likes this.
  17. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Fair play, I did my degree 15 years ago and the only stuff i can state assuredly now are the bits I still use. Ex Turpi in Voluntary Manslaughter (the point being it doesn't apply to these criminal cases - Wacker, Willougby, etc.) and Res Ipsi in Tort, though it's a very niche area. My knowledge of them outside what I cover is limited to non-existent. Hard to argue with your conclusion, you reap what you sow. My main concern is about the society we may create for ourselves by allowing the exceptions dictate what the rule should be, not the rights of the people who did wrong.

18. Captainchaos.

Mate I don't care about people I don't know I'm just being honest .

I'm not saying it's not nice but life's not nice we're all going to die and there's any number of horrific ways you can and will get

I'm not going to rate the worst

I'm not going to pretend these events are in my mind when I'm enjoying my ricicles am I ? That's be lieing and lieing is wrong remember guys

19. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Lies

20. Captainchaos.

People need to realise that we're born to dislike difference and that we're built to kill it's called a survival instinct

This is normal it's part of life

The next time you're throating your wife tell me how special we are