1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paper Talk #2

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Jay-Rede, May 16, 2014.

1. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

2. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Should get our money back + some if it's those 2 unless Moody and co. have written in a FC type clause........<doh>

3. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

play it right and we could have a bidding war

4. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Well its odds on he's going so hopefully we can get at least our money back on him.

5. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

We paid 8 million for him right?

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

There or there abouts.

I wonder if Spurs get a percentage on any profit we make on a subsequent sale? I wouldn't trust that Daniel Levy as far as I could throw him.

7. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

he's not good enough for man u, but he'll have plenty of takers, we will not lose money on him thats for sure (unless the release clause says so).

8. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

I know I'm in the minority even among Swans fans but I think there are now questions whether he's good enough full stop. He had a fantastic season with us but maybe the captaincy had something to do with his dramatic failure this season, I don't know. He'd do well in the Championship and you should do what you can to keep him, but I'm shocked bigger clubs are coming in for him if true.

9. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Another broken record. Yes, we get it. You don't like Caulker. Yet for some reason big clubs are looking to sign him. Apparently his season was not such a dismal failure as you seem to think it was.

If you don't think Caulker is good enough for Swansea. fine. Let United and Liverpool battle for him and leave us in peace.

10. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

I suggest you grow the **** up and stop being so ****ing bitter. You're relegated - get over it. Last time I checked it's an open forum and my contribution was inoffensive and added to the debate. In fact many Cardiff fans agree with me on Caulker and many don't.

I'm entitled to post it whether you ****ing like it or not. Now if you want confrontation I'm happy to oblige.

11. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

12. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

You have let yourself down badly with this post. I hope you will apologise for your behaviour. This is not what we expect from a guest.

13. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

<laugh> What a surprise. I post a decent comment which has some validity even if you don't agree with me. A pretty innocuous post really but it's met by vitriol from one of your posters who says I'm "another broken record". He clearly doesn't want to debate and when I respond I'm the one who has apologise? Er.....no. As a guest I expect to be welcomed but few seem to want to do that here because unless poster fawn over you they are attacked.

Have a good season. See you next time guys. <ok>

14. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

dragon, calm down mate, you're getting worked up over nothing.

we've had many a jack come over here and said he's not very good, but he'd walk into your team. he'll go a team higher than swansea IMO.

so yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but you need to restrain yourself if you get responses like that, as i'm sure our mods agree&#8230;..

15. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Agree with ITI and Swamp here, Dragon calm down a bit. <ok> Hell of an overreaction on Temple's post - nothing wrong with the points he's making.

16. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Dragon, if you thought that response was bad then you have lived in a cocoon. We are usually quite restrained over here compared to some of the vitriol received when posting on the swans board.
    Your constant need for an apology is also tiresome, so grow a set or **** off.

17. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

It's not about being bitter. It's about some Swans posters repeating themselves over and over again. Your opinion is noted the first time. No need to go on about it non-stop.

Your true colours came out in this post, and I would also remind you that you should show courtesy on an oppositions board or you will learn that you can't post whatever you want. If you think my post was rude you have a very thin skin!

18. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dragonborn - this is an open club forum, the same as yours is supposed to be down in Swansea. Being shouted down for wanting to discuss opinions expressed by visitors is hardly exclusive to this one, so don't come over all innocent and offended.

On a thread posted about our owner over there, posters like you were doing exactly the same thing that you're moaning about. You were amongst the worst culprits unwilling to discuss opinions often being formed on the basis of a natural enough club bias, and then trying to ridicule anyone who disagreed with you.

In actual fact, your post on this thread was quite reasonable (if repetitive), as was the very muted reply from Temple. You reacted with an OTT aggressive response that many from here are familiar with receiving on your board. There's no need for it - the gloating stuff is par for the course at this point in time, and only to be expected on an inter-club forum.

Either pack in the histrionics, or follow your own patronising advice offered over there - now "run along" there's a good chap.

19. Goodland

Goodland Member

In all honesty, would be happy for him to sign for the Swans. Chico has been a liability and I'm tired as hell of conceding goals directly from his mistakes.

I did hear that Spurs had a 50% sell on fee ( http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/0...t-of-cardiff-city-centre-back-steven-caulker/ ), which would be a problem for ole - although £4-5 million, plus the freed up salary, would buy you most promising young centre halves in the division.

If the 50% is true - can't understand why Spurs aren't back in for him. They would only really be paying £4-5million for his services. I guess they're afraid of losing face.

20. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I recall something like that about the deal struck with Levy at the time, but I think the 50/50 split applied to any excess received over the original £8M paid for him.