1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'' Pantsdown used to be a Gashead'' Evening Post quote.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by GreatWesternGas, May 4, 2017.

1. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Have just read a report in our local rag online, headed Lansdown used to be a Gashead. He claims he used to go to Eastville to watch Rovers, but then switched his allegiance to City when the Gas were forced to move to Twerton, Bath. That statement in itself tells you that he was never a Gashead, a true fan would have travelled to Venus before dirtying his shoes at Trashton. Typical of the fickle, disloyal, glory hunting shower that seems to be drawn towards that club and should also send a warning shot to their supporters about how his interest in Bristol City might wain at some point if success doesn't come soon, and more importantly, he fails to receive sufficient return on his financial investment. Don't forget he is a businessman first and foremost (and a very successful one), and he will understandably expect a decent return on the squillions he has spent on the transformation of Trashton. I personally wouldn't have publically admitted my former allegiance to Rovers, if I were in his shoes, but I suppose it just shows how arrogant and well suited to Bristol City he actually is.

Captain Jack Sparrow and Stollie like this.
  2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I think Lansdown is a good bloke myself, local lad made good and now pumping a lot of his wealth back into the city that helped build his wealth. Just because he doesn't have any aliegence to the Rovers makes him an unfair target from some corners I guess but I wish to hell we could of had someone like him on board a few years back.

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fook the tax dodging fooker

Captain Jack Sparrow and bs3 gas like this.
  4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Did he try and invest in us back then to stop us having to move to Bath in the first place or wasnt he rich then?

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I do hope not can't stand the smug bastard

bs3 gas and GreatWesternGas like this.