1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paladini (and Briatore) Out?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BrixtonR, May 4, 2011.

1. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

What's this Gianni Paladini done for the Rs?

Someone on here said they'd met him, he's a nice enough guy and loves QPR. Yeah, like leeches love blood!

What he comes across as is the epitome of those greasy director-types. Knows a few money people, buys a seat at a well positioned but vulnerable table, forces his way into the big chair and invites a couple of uninitiated billionaires to join him - via that deluded wannabe Briatore. 'Come on guys, here's a chance to get amongst that English football money...' Play time!

Next minute Rangers are the richest club in the world. More chairmen than 'ballers. Paladini's in charge of transfers (quel surprise) and Briatore's telling us we'll be playing Milan within four years but hiring and firing puppet no-mark managers like there's no tomorrow.

Meantime Paladini's making dodgy pay-outs to his agent mates, money the club could ill afford, for players coming in on free transfers and similar. Then he's telling us Faulin cost £3.5 million when in fact it was more like the £600K shown on the balance sheet. Apart from that what transfers has guru Paladini of richest club Rangers actually achieved? Nowt to speak of in four years. It's all been loan stuff: smoke and mirrors.

The Championship-winning side was Warnock's brain child. (The first manager with a decent track record considered - and that was at Amit Bhatia's behest.) A few old mates on a free, purchase of maverick loanee Taarabt on the cheap and Kenny and Mackie going nowhere. (Won't mention Hulse and Clarke!) Cute calls as it turns out, blended into the first Rs team to be proud of in years by saviour Sir Neil - and little if anything to do with chief head chairman of transfers Paladini.

Meantime Paladini and Briatore become conspicuous as involuntary wreckers. Paladini for the mess we're in which couldn't have been cleared up by now; and Briatore for having the gall to turn up with a proposal for Lippi or Jol to replace the hero who just put things right. Crass ain't the word. Insensitive and incompetent opportunists isn't the word either - it's three words and equally applicable.

Now when the ****'s hitting the fan, GP chooses to speak up for once but only to remind us what he's done for us. Bollocks has he done anything useful for this club - it's still massively in debt. What he's done he's done for himself - nice little cosy up with Briatore's rich friends...

Despite our much vaunted wealth, we're in deep do-do. Not so much about the FA case and its outcome but everything to do with the lunatics running our asylum.

Briatore's not in it at the minute, sold his shares to Bernie but has an option to buy back; but for me Paladini is a parasite who needs squashing before he makes us sicker than we've been this week not to mention the seasons before this.

As things stand, my money's on the club being driven forward by young Amit Bhatia working with Sir Neil. I think Amit's developing a genuine affection for the Rs. He looks the part and with experience will serve us well and honourably.

Anyway, that's me but how do you feel - apart from nervous? PALADINI OUT or not?

2. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Its Paladini (and Briatore) who should be punished. Not the club,players,or fans

3. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Great call brixtonR my aunt has been saying there dodgy for ages,she reckons they just want to sell the ground and run with the profit.KEEP BHATIA.

4. BrixtonR

Like the sound of your aunt, goldcoast, no flies on her it seems. Would she be interested in becoming our chairman of ground security?!

5. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

A good article. It is no surprise that QPR are mired in controversy with a football agent as chairman and Briatore (!!!!) Sticking around the club.

Add to those 2 Neil Warnock is one of the 3 most despised figures in the game (Pulis & Boothroyd the others).

Mark Bright stated on tv on Monday night that the delay in the case was at QPR's request. The word is QPR are guilty of all 6 charges and are facing a 10 point deduction in order to give the club a "sporting chance". I think this case will run and run, certainly QPR representatives have been in "casual arbitration" with the football authorities over the punishment for quite a while.

I believe the next few weeks will be pretty chaotic as the club threaten various legal moves.

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I'd say wait for the result of the FA action before condemning the man - if he's totally exonerated, and we find ourselves in the Prem with wealthy backers and NW with a realistic budget to keep us up there, are all the fans going to be calling for Paladini's head? I doubt it, we'll all be too busy enjoying themselves! He's opened doors for us. We all remember coming up from the third division with Plymouth. Look where they are now. And then look at our fantastic season.

7. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

Dont forget all the cash that rag "The Sun" will owe us after we issue the writ to them :)

8. RangersHQ-Norfolk

Nice one Brixton. In our dark days gone by we probably had little choice but to accept Paladini's 'offer' to 'help' turn the club round. But we have moved on since then. Dodgey or not, a complete waster or not, I think the question should be is Paladini the right person for the FUTURE of our club?

IMO, definitely not.

9. BrixtonR

I read Northolt's thread, 'A long walk and a long wait by David McIntrye', last night. He seems to have come to pretty much the same conclusions.

His words are not as direct, lighter in some places and darker in others. In terms of the current hearing he confirms there's no way of predicting the outcome but fancies we'll get promoted. But it's his conclusion that worries me most: regardless of the outcome of the inquiry, the boys upstairs will paper over the cracks and ignore the writing on the wall...