1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oxford Utd/ Bristol City and That Shirt

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 25, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Investigation launched after Oxford United label found on Bristol City away shirt

Bristol Sport believed the incident is isolated but are currently looking into it

An investigation has been launched after an Oxford United label appeared on the inside of a new Bristol City away shirt.
    Bristol Sport, the body that oversees the business interests of clubs such as City and Bristol Rugby, is now looking into how the error occurred but has confirmed they believe it is an isolated incident.
    The matter was raised after a fan noticed the issue having purchased a new away shirt, which were made available to buy by the club last week.
    City fan Matthew Gillett tweeted: "Any idea why there's an Oxford United badge on the label inside my new PurpleAndLime shirt?

please log in to view this image
    Matthew Gillett @MTG1897

@bcfctweets @Scotty_Murray @BCFC_Supporters Any idea why there's an Oxford United badge on the label inside my new #PurpleAndLime shirt?

Andrew Billingham, CEO of Bristol Sport, said: “We are investigating the matter and it appears to be an isolated incident. We use a network of factories who produce for other clubs and major brands. I’d like to apologise that this has slipped through our quality control checks.
    "Since the issue was highlighted we have checked all remaining stock and I am pleased to say no further issues have been identified. I have requested an urgent review of all manufacturing processes from our supplier to ensure this cannot happen again."
    A spokesperson for the kit manufacturer Vision Outsourcing said: "We would like to offer our sincerest apology to any supporter affected by the mislabelling of our product. We take great pride in producing bespoke product for Bristol Sport Ltd and its clubs and we are deeply disappointed that we have made this error.
    "We produce garments for a number of leading brands and high street retailers as well as several other professional football clubs. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the wrong label has been added to the new Bristol City away shirt.
    "We have worked extremely hard to provide supporters of Bristol City with a unique, quality kit which is both affordable to supporters and commercially viable for the club.
    "Moving forward, we will be implementing a plan to ensure that there is no further mistakes of this nature. Please, again, accept our sincere apologies."

Mr Billingham has also tweeted:
    Andrew Billingham @BristolSportAB
    @bristol_sport investigating issue. The manufacturer produces kit for other clubs inc Oxford & appears isolated incident. Sincere apologies

Bristol Sport has confirmed that more than 800 shirts have been sold since pre-order launch. City launched their new away kit in May with fans being left delighted by the choice to return to purple and lime, colour worn by players during the 2014/15 campaign.
    Fans associate the colours with winning ways after City secured promotion back to the Championship during that season and also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
    Bristol Sport has said that if anyone has a similar issue contact [email protected] for a replacement or refund.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...stigation-launched-after-oxford-united-134997

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't think the club, the manufacturer can do any more, they have appologised, offered an exchange or refund and given the probable reason for the cock up, matter closed, not important enough to cause a problem any way, now then back to football, what do you think of this Eros Pisano from Verona ?
    please log in to view this image

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/.../bristol-citys-signing-verona-defender-135068

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

As long as his hair stays in place throughout an entire match he can join us.

4. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard about a new home shirt? The away is the same design, set up etc so there is no real need- We would probably be one of the only clubs in the country to do so if we were.ie keep the same shirt 2 years running

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I've read that they will be similar to the old hire rite ones with a white pin stripe. But that was on otib so don't hold me to it. <ok>

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member