1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our World Today

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry notDistant....been too busy today....sorting myself out for next week.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If only we had a jokes thread.

Apparently peeps, yep honest to god, Blair says Corbyn CAN be prime minister after all. Now of all the people you'd want backing you it has to be Blair. He of course used to say no chance but since he's been told there are no policies of mass destruction by Maggie Thatcher during a seance he's changed his mind. Jezza's sure to get into No.10 now.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

He also said that he had been told by EU insiders that the UK could retain access to the Free Market post Brexit. Now that IS delusional.

4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

The Monsters were controlling the Monsters . As with Tito in Yugoslavia .
    Sarajevo held the winter Olympics , a few years later snipers were firing from the ski jump top :(

5. notDistantGreen

Good point, I was thinking about the breakup of Yugoslavia which led to mayhem. At least dictators keep the peace!

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Which was a little bit of my point notdistant. All Blair and Bush achieved was chaos in it's worst form.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Plym must be on the SAGA holiday in Bournemouth as he is quiet .. with the news.. i enjoyed reading the posts.. Plym get a proper phone so you can sdtill do it away from home, even better get a hotel with the internet and wifi .. i think they have them now in Bournemouth. :eek::eek::emoticon-0167-beer:

Enjoy the break in the sun <party>

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If I took my computer on holiday with me I'd hazard a guess I'd be walking rather funny on day one. It would be another slant on talking through my arse.

9. Greenarmyjoe

You dont need a computer now, just but a new Iphone or smart phone. That is all you need .. everything in one. easy .. Treat yourself. :emoticon-0145-shake You can stay in touch with the world at all times :emoticon-0147-emo:

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I am the equivalent of Baldrick to Blackadder when it comes to technology and I do not particularly want to learn. I have an aversion to a lot of the modern stuff and what it does to people. I catch buses and often see Mums with todlers in a pushchair on the bus with the little ones looking around bored because nobody is talking to them and the mum with face down checking the messages. I often get walked into by people who seem to think not looking where they are going but downwards at a machine is fine and I should make sure I walk around them. I can't tell the difference between the Pschycos and people talking on hands free phones as they walk along the street. I don't want to know about somebody elses business whilst they discuss the moon with somebody very loudly.

11. Greenarmyjoe

When is the news Reader back? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Stop encouraging him...........

I think he said it was a week so soon I'd guess.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1.....A semi-professional football team has sacked its cheerleaders because the players were becoming distracted by their presence.
    The Essex side Billericay Town, owned by businessman Glenn Tamplin, signed up cheerleaders "The Ricays" only last month. However, he became concerned when he caught one of the girls sending her number to a player.
    Mr Tamplin tweeted "We have had to let the cheerleaders go as the lads were becoming unfocused and some of the girls (not all) sending their numbers to them."

My thoughts......Just thinking, that couldn't be the reason why we had a few diabolical home defeats against some struggling teams over the last few seasons....although looking at photos of our cheerleaders I cannot believe that they would be distracting the players that much......sorry.

2.....Farmers could be given Llamas to protect their sheep from wild Lynx which conservationists plan to reintroduce.
    The Lynx Trust wants to release the animals into Kielder Forest in Northumberland and the Scottish Highlands.
    It hopes to allay farmers' fears the lynx will kill sheep and lambs by establishing a welfare programme that could provide grants to build fencing, buy outbuildings for lambing and even pay for Llamas to guard flocks.
    "We have seen these successfully used in the Scottish Highlands keeping off foxes, and in a US study they reduced sheep kills from dogs and coyotes by 66%. Half of these farms saw predation stop entirely.

3.....A model who tried to steal £1,000 worth of designer goods from Harrods was let off with a conditional discharge after a magistrate said she was a women of "considerable talent".
    Natalia Sikorska, 28, attempted to make off with a Markus Lopfer jacket, a pair of Claude Pierlot shoes, a Pinko handbag and a silver knife on July 5th.
    She was stopping before she left the Knightbridge store with the £959,59 haul. The Polish model and actor is studying business management and economics at the University of Westminster. After she admitted theft, Grant McCrostie, the Westminster magistrate, gave her a conditional discharge for twelve months and said: "You are a newcomer to this country, you are a student with a place at university.
    "You are obviously a women of considerable talents, you are obviously intelligent. Because of the fact that you pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity and you do have a potentially bright future, we will deal with this more leniently than we should have." Sikorska. was also told to pay £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge, replied: "Thank you so much."

My thoughts......Mmmmm I wonder if the magistrate fancies sampling some of her "considerable talent" as payment for being let off as a common thief that less "talented" people would be punished for.....sorry that's how my devious mind works......who'd be a magistrate...:1980_boogie_down:

14. notDistantGreen

Killer llamas on the loose. What a nightmare.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Save the planet, screams at us from every hoarding. Yes I would really like to do that. So do not drive a nasty old petrol using car and least of all a diesel one. Switch to electric power motor transport and save the world.
    A slight question mark. It is called Drax. Sounds like a bond villain ? No, it's a power generating plant in Yorkshire, a huge one. It used to be coal-fired but that was considered very bad indeed so it switched to wood pellets.
    Now vast tracts of primal forest in the USA are being felled by chainsaws that pump out carbon monoxide. The logs are ground down into pellets for Drax, using even bigger quantities of poison gas. Then the cargoes are trucked to the coast. Even more CO. The ships across the Atlantic don't actually run on goodwill. More poison gas. Then from our coast even more filth-churning trucks run the cargoes inland to Yorkshire.
    Still, at least the pellets from the middle of the USA are burned to make good, clean British electricity. Except that it has been discovered the pellets create more waste gases than the British coal used to do. And that came from a few miles away.
    So pop into your local garage and fill up your nice electric car on mega-priced electricity. I suspect that between the American forest and your car battery it will have generated more eco-filth than Arthur Scargill ever saw. Do you sometimes get the impression those who govern us are not very bright.

Frederick Forsyth Column.....Daily Express 4th Aug 2017.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Never mind Llamas they should be breeding gerbils and hamsters. With enough of them and a big wheel they can produce enough electricity to run millions of cars. Remember you heard it here first.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

But they would need an awful lot of cereals grown....and that would take up a lot of energy.

These wind farms also take up a lot of energy to produce.....imagine how many tonnes of poisonous gases are produced to make those colossal structures.

18. notDistantGreen

The credibility of environmental "advice" we get from the various pressure groups has been laid waste by the diesel debacle. I can remember when the company I worked for at the time adopted an all diesel car policy. It's true none of us wanted diesels which were much less driveable then, but we all knew they were filthy devices and made the point repeatedly to no avail. Who's turned out to be right now?

I saw a woman from Brake or similar pressure group on TV being interviewed on the Government's proposal to remove speed humps to reduce air pollution. She swore black is white that there was no environmental benefit when the simplest understanding of physics tells anyone who doesn't have an axe to grind that there must be.

These people won't be happy until we're all queuing in our state issued clothing to board the state owned transportation, assuming your journey has been deemed worthy.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Some people can only see the down side of stuff and great inventions. All those hamsters and gerbils would produce tons of manure to assist in the growth of all that cerial so they would be self sufficient in a short time. Glass half full plym come on now you can do it if you try.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sensible...I'm just off around my sons to feed the cat and HAMSTER.....which produces literally NO manure at all.