1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our "reward"...

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Dec 5, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

for a drab 0-0 (replay still to come) is Brighton away, in the FA cup.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Better a day in Brighton :emoticon-0135-makeuthan a day in Milton Keynes<badger>

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Crap draw may as well lose at MK and forget about the cup

5. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

Hadn't realised that Robinson will face MK 3 times in his first 7 matches! Doubt a manager has faced his old side so many times so quickly after being sacked ever?

DonCorleone likes this.
  6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

The 'Russel Slade ex's 'RusselSlade' cup run. Should we sneak past these two, I assume we get Cardiff or Leyton Orient in the next round. Not really one to dream about. Still, I dare say MKDs will have something to say about our continuance in the cup.

7. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Brighton & Hove Albion is a good cup match. Their fans are ace; always have been. Shame it's away as that would have been a good protest.

Was saying to my friend in the pub, it's annoying that we don't get ManU, ManC, Arsenal or Chelsea because you know Roland would come to those games. And a protest there (things being thrown onto the pitch, banners, everything) would be picked up and embarrass him worldwide.

And wouldn't matter how good your PR agency is, they couldn't cover up that level of discontent.

DonCorleone likes this.
  8. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

It will be an absolute crime scene if we go through. Imagine what Skalak and Knockeart would do to Foley and Fox. Scary.

Ok draw for me as I only moved from Hove last year - lots of Brighton fans as friends. Always nice to mix with the Home fans in the bar after the game. We of course won't go through, though.

9. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

We took over 1,900 to Brighton 2 years ago - the day that Poyet and Hamer got into a tangle which led to their goal.

We then got mugged off in the very last min the year after, with a header sailing over Stephen Henderson's head. Our fans then had a punch up with their over zealous stewards outside of the ground.

Anyone on here remember our trips to the Goldstone Ground ? It was quite lively down there in the 80s. [not the gay scene, the football violence <cheers>]

deleted..... likes this.
  10. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I remember The Goldstone ground very well. My Grandma used to live in Shoreham. I remember when we got absolutely tonked. I think it was 6 something, it could have been 7. But as you say Royston it was always lively there.

11. User deleted as requested

I am sure from memory we lost 7-1 down there in the 80s.

12. Miketyson2007

Used to love the Goldstone away fans on the big side terrace think we won something like 5 3 there curbs playing for Brighton 2 late goals won it if I remember rightly ...always fisticuffs at the Goldstone back in the day

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  13. Miketyson2007

Think that may of been year or two after the game I remember didn't go to the 7 1 game remember the grandstand teleprinter 7 (SEVEN) as it did with high scores ...as an aside does the BBC teleprinter still exist ?

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  14. User deleted as requested

Talking of that large terrace on the side at the Goldstone, the away end was definitely moved there one season. We were given a section quite high up, after Brighton partitioned it. On another occasion I can remember us being housed behind the goal in the South Stand.

15. Miketyson2007

Was a lovely old ground the Goldstone great atmosphere there