1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our future

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Makes you wonder if the Trust should have sold their shares to increase their bank balance to buy is back in a few years.

trundles left foot likes this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

We had been linked with him before as soon as we were linked to the ****ed up owners. Hope it is an old story.

4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Gylfis replacement <ok>

5. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Or maybe we are preparing for next season.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

Well, Mr. Pearlman was working hard in his office today, planning for the future?

trundles left foot likes this.
  8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Which is exactly what has happened the past 3-4 windows.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

No it's not - some of the ones we signed couldn't cut it in the Championship <laugh>

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The trust cant sell their shares they dont have the power........The shares are in name only and only the owners can decide what to do with them...

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

And this is a big worry. If we pick our best starting 11, there's only 4-5 that will be able to cut it in the championship <yikes>

If we go down, it will require a bigger rebuilding job than if we stayed up,

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

You still haven't grasped it have you <laugh> The Trust OWN the shares 21.1 percent ,with a current value of approximately 800 to 900 thousand pounds per share or more you're right about the power if you mean regarding voting rights because no they don't Jenkins and co made sure of that when they sold theirs.The Trust can sell their shares but who is going to buy them as they hold no power regarding having an effect on Board decisions so not only have the previous rats sold out they made sure that the Trust lost out as well .
    The future regarding our shares is the worry , if we can't sell or rather someone buy them at a reasonable price then the yanks have the power to issue more shares which will dilute our value further, they've stated they have no intention of doing that until at least Feb 2017 .Our best hope is either we take the old board to court and win forcing the Club to buy ours at the rate the yanks bought or the sale is deemed null and void due to the non compliance with the original share holders agreement which Jenkins and co failed to declare to the yanks as I understand it .

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  13. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The trust was kept in the dark from start to finish when negotiations were going on .
    Jenkins, with smoke and mirrors , tried to get the Trust to sign a waiver .
    The Americans firing Guidolin without informing the trust .
    The Americans signing Dineen without informing the Trust .
    Making voting rights available without actual sale of shares ( I think ) .
    The manner in which the sellers and buyers treated the Trust should be under scrutiny within the legal system IMO ...I hope the Trust jumps into legal action against buyers and sellers with both feet .

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

That's my hope , so far there's only little press interest in what's going on at the Club once the protests get louder (which they will) then the halos which Jenkins & co have carefully cultivated will slip and hopefully choke the bastards .

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  15. swanseaandproud

Trust me it is impossible for the trust to ever sell a single share......There are thousands of us that put money into the pot so how does that work ? As a founder member and i know most on here dont like that fact but ask me if i care then im qualified to know how the trust works, I dont know how many times i have to say this but some on here cannot grasp the fact then when you put money in you are made sure that you wont see that money again as it goes to the Club.......The trust is nothing but a fund raiser and have no power whatsoever and if you think they have then your deluding yourself.........I wish we could sell our shares as i would make a lot of money ages ago....<ok>

16. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Dai, I'm going to try to respond to you...... lots of people put money into the trust and the trust then used it to contribute to the club rescue and they got shares. SO! The trust owns shares and, if you like, they are held on behalf of all the people that put their pounds and hundreds and thousands in. That gives each contributor a vote in the trust management elections. The trust management then represent you and presumably hold regular meetings to which you can go and ask them to do specific things. Of course, the Board of the club does not have to listen to them or do what they say but it is/was a means of involving the fans. NOW, the board have marginalised the trust and that is to be regretted. BUT, they could still listen at some time in the future. If someone bought the trust's shares, then the management would have to decide what to do with that money. The trust agreement will say what should be done and it might even include paying something to the founder members. Maybe not. The thing I find strange (if I am correct that is----- and I asked this question some days ago elsewhere) is that the original trust member on the board or who attended board meetings somehow ended up with shares in his own personal right. That seems a bit odd to me and smells a bit.

17. swanseaandproud

The trust have no say...the owners do and that is a fact.......If the owners wanted to they can kick the trust out without any repercussions at all...another Fact.....It is only with the owners permission that they let the leader of the trust into and on the board in a very minor way....They dont have to do that if they dont want too......

18. Taffvalerowdy

Dai - I believe that there is a Shareholders' Agreement in existence that gives the Trust the legal right to Board representation. I also understand that this is legally binding - the Yanks' lawyers crawled over it to find any loopholes but couldn't. Co-incidentally, I also understand that they similarly crawled over the Stadium playing agreement to see if they could get rid of the Ospreys ...... No luck for them there either.

That said, as the Yanks control 75% of the voting right, you are correct Dai in that as far as doing what they want, the Trust can do little to prevent them - as far as the Club/Company is concerned.

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Really? Slimy bastards.

20. Taffvalerowdy

I heard that during their Due Diligence, they crawled over every important legal agreement, and it is rumoured that they investigated how secure/robust the Ospreys' lease was. I heard that directly from the horse's mouth - so to speak.

Both the Swans & the Ospreys signed 50 year leases - there must be around 37 years left?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.