1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT: Mafia game thread starts Sunday 8pm 14/9/14

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

yes a save but......... only one action if i am running it as a night event and i think actually the mafias action would be lost as vigilante acts last.

but however................. BE WARNED INVESTIGATORS you reveal and you get 2 targettings. you will be lucky to live.

far better that cops play like milk and just push out their info and get that name under suspicion but not reveal a role.... yes when all roles were out the number of suspects meant the rest could target and get the person under threat easy... just you'll be dead.

2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Not true. I converted one of them so dr had no influence then

3. Exactly. I wanted to say I was the doctor on day two but wasn't able to protect myself and I was under suspicion so would have looked dodgy. I waited until the third day and announced it immediately before being accused of anything knowing I could protect myself (others may think I'm bluffing about protection).

My thoughts here were that if I could convince townies I was indeed the doctor and therefore innocent, they would trust me. Others would also attach themselves to me. Since I talk the most (AFC is no match :evil:) I could encourage information out of people that others would hopefully spot if I didn't.

The alternative was a Mafia would claim to be a doctor too. This would have outed one of them though.

I did say I expected to get assassinated constantly and repeatedly said who I could and couldn't protect. This was in hope that if I said it enough people would start to think I was maybe bluffing. Basically, to keep the Mafia guessing (no idea if that worked)

I hadn't worked out who was who but I had figure who was probably innocent only the the conversion throwing me slightly. I knew milk was innocent yesterday morning onwards but the confidence I had in MITO being innocent in the last game was making me doubt myself.

I did get the conversion wrong at the end though, I protected Danilo.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

it does.... the doctor can only do so much as the mafia can convert with impunity. this is why if an investigator comes out he'll get suspected of conversion.

it makes best mafia tactic to kill an active innocent day 1.

who is most likely to find mafia for example

5. moreinjuredthanowen

you privately told me the role sucked but it grew on you i guess. i felt the ability to protect had to be balanced per my research into roles as i read protecting one guy all the time didn't work.

the snitch was allowed to do so though so i feel that its not right to just pin to don as innocent. this could be changed.

its all about reveal/no reveal and perhaps 2 converions not one would work better then....

i for one feel reveals of role kind of make it a bit too easy

6. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

So who was town and survived both games?

Town 2 Mafia 0 so far.

Is Sky the only person to be on the winning team and survive until completion in both games? No wonder everyone wanted to shoot him! <laugh>

7. I did say it was a sit role but you are right, it did grow on me a bit as I worked out a way to use it (don't know if others would agree it was the best use, I know you don't). I still don't think it's a great role but I guess it's better than a standard townie.

Oh, and the PM issue. I was telling the truth, I hadn't seen it!!!

8. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

I wasn't going to kill you last night and then make you look like you hadn't been converted and had bluffed it <whistle>

9. Danilo was Mafia (sort of) and lost in both

10. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

First game doesn't count it was **** lol

11. Problem with that approach... Danilo had cleared me either way when he said he investigated me

12. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

If this game has finished, why the **** are you all still rattling on about it? Shut the **** up <ok>

13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Applies to most not606 threads <whistle>

14. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

<laugh> <laugh> Not if I'm the vigilante and get there first!!!

15. moreinjuredthanowen

i can confirm yes sky is the only one. survivor round 2 if game played out

IBWT
    DR
    Luv
    Lucaaas
    Hash
    Skylarker

yes it ended early due to getting used to mechanics but this game 2 peeps missed vots too.

as dr and luv didn't play and ibwt and lucaas and hash bought it on different sides sky is the sole survivor

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Well the game is all luck but danilo hit Lucaas round 1 investigation. While the mafia might say they had it made and they did. Well they never had due to the fact that danilo switch to Lucaas so I didn't write down why at the time whatever Lucaas did that night it was suspicious

Also sky spotted something in ibwt day 2 but ended up switching with little time to go to hash

My view is knowing all bar being in the mafia Pms so I stayed out of that

The moment that switch occurred the mafia should have won

I feel that bod saw in the votes that ibwt was dodgy on the Lucaas vote really. That's my opinion of the votes

Finally I felt ibwt you played the this is confusing card too much too late and others who all had theories didn't buy that

I do have to wonder..... If no mafia voted and ibwt looked isolated at the top would you lot gave switched. Last game gerrez plumb refused, others were for switching a lot.... It'd be interesting to know if 2/3 of the six on ibwt were for moving had the mafia not been so obvious by the end

And yes last game I had to do the same

17. Milk not bear jizz

So is it just the term "vampire" - or the actual Vampire role?

Could just as easily call it the "Cult" role... or the "Terrorists" - or anything else. The idea of starting with one "bad guy" and that role picking a target each turn (with 50% conversion chance and 50% kill chance). As opposed to the standard game where Mafia start out with numbers and have limited kills/conversions.

Not sure the numbers but Vampire probably does last longer than Mafia on average- because it takes longer to see patterns because it takes longer for Vampire to get numbers.

18. I suppose it could be zombies instead of vampires. Same thing really

19. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

So I'm the winner?? <ok>

See it pays to be honest...

20. Milk not bear jizz

Yeah... the vampire rules is just about an anti-town team that "grows in size" as the game goes on until the head is removed and you can never trust that someone who was innocent yesterday is still innocent today.

Mafia starts out with one team.

If people don't like the term vampire- Zombie would work... or Warewolf, or Cultist, or Terrorist... or any fill in the blank term... doesn't matter what you call it.

If next international break is when we play the game and it's in October (not sure how far before Halloween would have to check)... would almost have to have an undead theme... <laugh>

You're the only one to have:
    a) Survived both games.
    b) Been on the winning team both games.

Of course... only 7 people were in both games... original game was 10 people... but MITO hosted this one, DR is on holiday, and Luv never got into the game so didn't join in for #2.

This game was better (in no particular order):

a) People knew what they were doing.
    b) 15 people is a better number than 10
    c) More roles (first game was deliberately over simple with roles since no one knew what they were doing).
    d) MITO was an excellent game host. <clap clap smiley>
    e) People were more active this time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.