1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT - Ched Evans

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Having seen all the pompous moralising about this lad's crime and whether he should be allowed to continue his footballing career. I decided to read up about his case and was completely shocked when I saw the facts surrounding his conviction and the many anomalies around it.

I concluded that the lad was done up like a kipper, and was guilty of nothing more than being a cheat and an idiot, but was not a rapist.

Have a read for yourself;

http://www.chedevans.com/

The tweets from his 'victim'

http://www.chedevans.com/the-disputed-tweets

The CCTV of the woman who was supposedly 'too drunk to remember anything'

http://www.chedevans.com/judge-for-yourself

The facts of the case

http://www.chedevans.com/key-and-undisputed-facts

2. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

One thing that amazed me is that the other lad got away scott free yet Evans served time despite them doing exactly the same thing.

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

This is on loads of threads and I agree that there is more to look at other than the conviction.

4. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

This girls history of crying rape suggests she was Far more aware of what was happening than she made out.

What went against evans is that he came after and left via an alternative exit.

If hes cleared i hope she does two years inside minimum.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Careful Tobes, it's not pompous moralising, it's a conviction for rape. Most crimes (I'd say even murder) people can eventually look past, but rape is fcking heinous. I don't think ppl are against him because they're getting on their high horse or anything, I think most just believe nobody that does that to a woman should be allowed to get on with his life "in the public domain" like nothing's happened.

BUT having said that, I did the same as you and read the "key and undisputed facts" earlier today and after reading it, IF they are the facts, he really shouldn't even have been arrested let alone faced a trial. Also interesting to note that the girl didn't accuse them of rape. It was all the police by the looks of it.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The pious moralising has been about whether he should be able to return to his profession. The man served his time (wrongly imo) and so has paid his debt to society and therefore of course he should be allowed to integrate back into it, same as if he was a plumber.

As for the Police, the fitted him up. The original coppers notes include a reference to Titus Bramble ffs, they charged him with rape after he told them he had intercourse with her, there was no forensic evidence and she didn't accuse him of rape. She also has a history of crying 'rape' btw.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I disagree, it really isn't about being pious at all. If you can't see the difference with a crime like rape that people will naturally be upset and incensed about, I think you don't understand. The term pompous or pious suggests these people have nothing better to do, that they would do the same if he'd committed burglary. Clearly they wouldn't. There are families that go to games, children, women. It's definitely about the nature of the crime he's been convicted of. Whether you and I think it was a correct conviction is neither here nor there tbh.

I think he's been unfairly treated by the judicial sytem and I may very well argue the case for him playing against those who don't believe he shouldn't, BUT I'm not going to attack or belittle the motives of those who genuinely believe a convicted rapist shouldn't be playing for a club they support.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Whether individuals want him at their club or not, is down to their personal opinion. However the laws of the land state that he's paid his dues and shouldn't be discriminated against because of his past.

The actual violent crime of rape is indeed heinous, but it's a world away from some bint who claims she can't remember being mounted by a couple of footballers after going back to a hotel room at 3 in the morning, and if you can't see that then I'll leave it there.

9. UnitedinRed

Rape is horrible treble. Whats also horrible is those who cry rape and ruin the lives of the accused. Not only that but it does huge damage to genuine rape victims.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Completely agree with you UIR, even think there's an argument for naming women who are proven to have brought false charges. I just disagree anyone is being pompous or pious about it.

11. UnitedinRed

I agree about naming and shaming. I personally would bracked false accusations up there with rape itself. The effect on the accused can be almost as devastating as the crime itself. People kill themselves over the stigma it brings and lives are ruined.

Of course theres actually proving it was a malicious accusation in the first place. It could always be a genuine mistake.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

There should be equal rights for men and women. Either keep the identity of both secret before the end of the trial (and after if the bloke is innocent). Or if the system continues to name the bloke, then name the woman if he's innocent and she's deliberately taken the piss. This case seems to have been driven by the police though, rather than the girl. All she wanted was to find her handbag and mobile!

Just read he's having his consideration for appeal fast-tracked.

13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

When you look at the way she behaved then it all points to evans being innocent.

Even IF he is guilty then he should not be stopped from playing football again, Lee Hughes and the guy at Plymouth both killed through dangerous driving. I even played against Hughes during his time locked up, luckily he was playing in the net that day