1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ospreys, Wales & BIL

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Farrell the weakest link, told you he does one of two things, kick too long or shovel the ball on in the backs to avoid the hit. He is ****

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Webb is a better player than Murray. Murray likes to box kick, box kick, box kick. It's frigging suicide against the NZ back three.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Lions trounced, as expected. At least our boys have been superb.

4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I totally agree, but he is the new golden bollox and god forbid they leave daddies little boy out. he was awful today.

Stumpy and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  5. trundles left foot

The best side has won, but the Lions were in it until they made the changes by numbers and all pre-arranged. Not taking points on offer was a bad decision by the captain and we could and should have been at 13 all on 50 mins and not having to force or chase the game. Instead we end up chasing and leaving gaps. Still 2 tests to go.

6. trundles left foot

Stumpy can you imagine the English press if they actually dropped Farrell which is what they should do. They would go in to melt down. I wonder who they will blame for this.

Taffvalerowdy and Stumpy like this.
  7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

The test series is all over now. NZ will get better, they know Gatlands game plan. We all know him and Howley don't have any plans B or C.

8. trundles left foot

Howley doesn't have a plan A, he is so far out of his depth and to think he will be in charge of Wales after Gatland it is ****ing scary for Welsh rugby. I would be gutted if he was coaching Gowerton.

9. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Next game, he should bring in Tips at 7, Webb at 9 and Biggar at 10.

Stumpy likes this.
  10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

That's why I want the Lions to lose 3-0 and lose badly mate.

trundles left foot likes this.

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

12. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Good points -
    Cant think of many
    Scored a good try but we are supposed to be the best of the best, so that type of score should be the norm and not a surprise.
    O'Brien supported well for the try but you have to ask, where was everyone else?
    Liam Williams looked good for the most part,
    Te'o and Davies paired very well in the centre,
    Sexton and Webb looked injury free when they came on
    we were very competitive for 60mins.

Bad points -
    Lets get the Whinging Pohm out first.
    Ref had a shocker. AB's allowed to infringe all game at the ruck. Given free reign to dive off their feet, seal off the ball, play the ball while laying on the ground and offside at almost every ruck. They did get pinged in the 78th minutes, well done ref you complete areshole.
    We left so many points on the pitch you'd have thought it was Swansea uplands U15s playing not the pinnacle of Northern Hemisphere rugby. We showed poor technique when passing and Farrells kicking just gave the ball away to the Kiwis because it was ALWAYS too far ahead of the chase. He was so poor Hansen must have picked him to play at ten, not Gatland.
    Passing and catching a rugby ball at this level should be like breathing. No Lion should even notice they're doing it, its should be automatic, like walking or taking a ****. Supporting a breakaway should be second nature too but it seems that the basics are beyond our capabilities. Our basic rugby skill aren't bad they are atrocious. The AB's appear ruthless simply because they execute the basics well. They pass well and catch well, they don't have to concentrate on doing it so they can concentrate more on the space or the player they're about to run in to. Rugby is a simple game if you can do the simple things well, unfortunately we seem to prefer the huff and puff approach up here in t'north

If we don't learn how to pass and catch a rugby ball and execute basic ruby skills we wont get close to beating them no matter how many games we play.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  13. trundles left foot

Was O'mahony, on the pitch, I actually cant remember seeing him either in defence or at break downs. I may be wrong just cant remember him being mentioned or showing up. To be fair to the other 2 back row, at least they were visible in the game. Saying that I still think O'Brien is so overrated, Stumpy as for him supporting well for the try he did, but any international 7 should be doing that as standard.

I think changes need to be made for the next test and I think we are stifled by Murrays slow delivery, I believe Webb would speed things up and give us more and better options.

Taffvalerowdy and Stumpy like this.
  14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You know what, other than seeing him going off to be replaced, I can't recall a single thing he did?

15. trundles left foot

I know you cant always go by commentary, just cant remember him being mentioned at all. As I said earlier the only thing I can think of is not going for the post on 50ish mins.

16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Add the rest of the pack to that, who were our props? did Mako Vunipola play? who was our hooker? The only forwards my one eyed memory recalls are Falatau, AWJ and O'Brien because I was pleasantly surprised he didn't drop the ball when he fell over the try line. Also recall Kyle Sinckler having a go when he finally got on for a 10 minute run out.

I think someone should right an open letter on the Lions Facebook page stating that placing a Lions Jersey on Owen Farrells back in any capacity, way, shape or form, even one that just has 'security' on its back, devalues it so badly that you'd only be able to buy one from a 2for1 bargain bucket in your local Poundland.

17. trundles left foot

I do remember Itoje, going backwards and being mentioned by Barnes on how good he is whenever he got within 10 yards of the ball or a tackle.

Stumpy they will never drop Farrell, when Sexton came on he should have gone off not Teo. With his father so deeply entrenched in the lions set up, he is always going to be first on the team sheet and it is not right, They go on about his kicking and it is OK, but always buckles a little when the pressure is really on. I would actually start Biggar in the next test, but maybe as you say that may be me being one eyed. I actually think Biggar and Webb would work nicely.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

The Lions had their chances, right at the start of each half. You must take your chances against the ABs or you suffer the consequences......

See the pundits are saying that Al should be dropped in favour of Itoje. Did they not see the scrum immediately after Al went off........ It went back at a rate of knots, we gave a penalty away and they took it quickly and scored in the corner...... Kruis, on the other hand, was, in my humble opinion, the poorest Lock on the field today.

That said, I would keep Kruis, replace Al with Lawes & play Itoje at blind side. I would also play Tips at open side to combat Kane who was immense today. O'Brien is a 6.5 not a 7.

Trouble is Gats would NEVER pick Tips ahead of Sam.......

Webb offers more & asks more questions than Murray.

We missed Halfpenny's reliable kicking - what to do, drop one of the wingers and play Sanjay on the wing?

Sonny Bill was "quiet" by his standards until Teo went off.

They really need to study the video and make some harsh decisions.

19. trundles left foot

Funny how people see the game, On a few sites I have seen how good, Kruis was and how Itoje was superb when he came on, How well Farrell performed at 10 and 12. I must have watched a totally different game.

20. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Weren't English were they?