1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Oscars 2017

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YappyR, Feb 27, 2017.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/entertainment-arts-39078497

"What happened to the politics?
    Ian Youngs

Entertainment and Arts Reporter, BBC News

Posted at23:08
    "Man I wish I had something bigger and more meaningful to say," said best actor winner Casey Affleck.

How about this, which he said at the Independent Spirit Awards just one day earlier: "The policies of this administration are abhorrent and they will not last. They're really un-American."

We were told this would be a political Oscars in reaction to the current, tumultuous political climate.

But none of the acting winners went near the subject. What happened? Did they chicken out?

Or did they realise that preaching would have done little to change minds and would have just alienated half the country?"

....that about sums it up for me. Typical B.S. of celebrities patting each other on the back now that they are at the Academy Awards so they all went schtum. I hate the Hollywood bull. I really despise it. And they made sure no Brit won anything this year, didn't they? Well done. Just so pathetic that they all say crap about their own government outside of this ceremonial sh!t, but now that they know they can make even more money as winners and nominees, they do nothing. What happened to the Marlon Brandos of the world? What, they all expect to use Twitter instead? The producers and studios are all owned by giant conglomerates and are all making even more money than they made since 2008 thru 2016 during Obama's stock market manipulations and fiascos, look at the market now!!!! Raking in billions, it's never been so high. They're all laughing all the way to the bank. So ridiculous.

2. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Sorry. I had to vent. But by making sure no Brits won this year, isn't that the same as prejudice and sort of highlights what Trump wants to do to foreigners, according to what Hollywood says about all that?

3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

A Brit won for best documentary with white helmets, also a first Muslim ever to have won an Oscar for best supporting actor, that's one for Donald and lastly I believe the leader of ukip won best actor according to his Twitter feed

rangercol, Uber_Hoop and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  4. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

No, I meant such things as Actor, Actress, that sort of thing, you know, the IMPORTANT awards that matter <laugh>

5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The really important thing was they f*cked up the Best Film announcement which gave us the best entertainment at the Awards for donkey's years. I bet Donald Trump was laughing his barnet off...<laugh>

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Looks like the accountancy firm, Pwc will be the fall-guy, and with good reason. Even if some clerk put the wrong card in the Best Film envelope, the system was clearly inadequate. Incredible, because giving the right award to the right people is just about as fundamental as it gets, and Best Film is the top of that tree.

7. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Just watched "white helmets", brilliant piece of film, would recommend it

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree He had the last laugh there.
    They all bottled it with the anti-trump speeches. Just as well because unlike what some people think the Oscars are a celebration of an achievement and not a political platform.

IwasanotherwatfordR likes this.
  9. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Must admit when I saw it first of all this morning I said to Mrs TR that the 2 oldies who were doing the award were having trouble working without a script.....It was only afterwards that Mrs TR said that it was Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway.......<doh> Really didn't recognise them.....

10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

The guy that came and said it was a mistake was actually quite rude to Warren Beatty. He snatched the card out of his hand. fair play to Beatty for trying to let people know there was a cock up by questioning the answer on the card. Heads will roll for this.

11. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He was rather rude and unnecessary to simply snatch the card as he did.......

ELLERS likes this.
  12. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Celebration of opinion!

ELLERS likes this.
  13. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Oscars?

Load of ****.

Pay these arseholes millions and they want trophies too?

UTRs, loomo and sheffordqpr like this.
  14. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I cannot stand the Oscars, The Brit (Twit) Awards, Grammys, Emmys, etc. Full of sh!t speeches patting each other on the back, tributes to people they have never met. Load of crap!

loomo, GoldhawkRoad and Uber_Hoop like this.
  15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

touché :emoticon-0148-yes: