1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 7, 2017.

?

How will you vote?

1. Tory

25 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Labour

20 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. LibDem

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Others

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. Spoilt Ballot

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. Won't Bother

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Let's see if we predict tomorrow's election result as accurately as we did the EU referendum. Open to all - those who don't have a vote, please say how you would vote if you could.

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

My seat will probably have a larger vote for Lab + Lib combined than the Tories. If I knew who had the best chance out of those two I'd go tactically with them, but will probably go Lib.

3. Stroller

I'm voting Labour in a massively safe Tory seat.

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

As said before ...this poll does not apply to me.As I am in the Speakers constituency (John Bercow...Tory).
    So should I vote for Tory, UKIP, independant or Green....as the major parties do not put a candidate against the speaker.
    So Scot Raven, is our Independant candidate...whose manifesto says...."This outdated and burdensome tradition has meant that we have had no say on major political issues, and if Mr Bercow is re-elected, we will not get an input into how our country is shaped as we negotiate to leave the EU."

So it maybe Mr Raven I vote for. So I have no choice but to go others......but you probably all know who I would vote for if I had the choice

5. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

We need a direct voting system where every vote counts. It's not right that 4 million people vote UKIP and they get one MP. Unless you are a true blue Tory (the system works very well for you) you should be pressing for change. It needs the Labour party to stand up for STV - but they've shown themselves to be just as power hungry as their blue rivals.

sb_73 and TheBigDipper like this.
  6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Can't vote Lib since they're Remain. Green are batty tree-huggers, UKIP are just batty. A Labour vote means a vote for the IRA supporters, a white flag waved at Juncker's oncoming army, a victorious return for Diane Abbott, an unworkable coalition dominated by Nicola Sturgeon and bankruptcy.

I don't have any great love for May (although I don't think she's as bad as some parts of the media have made out) but I do like David Davis and think he's our man to stand up to the EU bullies. Our best chance of reaching agreement that suits both the UK and the EU.

7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Don't think I can be bothered, none of those parties stand out for me & all talk same rubbish to do this & that

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  8. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd vote Tory as Corbyn's spending plans are a recipe for bankruptcy.....

WalsallHoop likes this.
  9. Stroller

Unlike in the real poll, you can vote for whoever you like on here Beth. You can change your vote if you so choose.

10. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I am going Tory. If I am honest, I have always voted that way and I see no reason to change. For no other reason this time than because I think they are the best of a bad lot. A damning indictment on all the current parties. It will be close but I think the Tories will get in and as soon as possible get rid of May. The sooner we get someone leading this country who will but Britons first (no matter what ethnic background), the better!

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Misunderstood...thought it meant "How will you vote"...and I am convincing myself to vote independant....(as above)....
    My father always said that as a woman I should honour the suffragettes who died and were imprisioned to get ME the vote..and I should always exert that right....and I will tomorrow, fruitless and meaningless as it will be

Here I will think about changing my vote

12. Stroller

Yes, probably should have said 'how will/would you vote' as it's open to members overseas.

mapleranger likes this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

May is going to sack/move Davies and replace him with Ben Gummer after the election.

I still haven't made up my mind, might not until I'm in the polling station, spoilt ballot leading the pack at the moment. Probably followed by Green. A few more votes for no hopers might spark a review of the archaic voting system. But probably not in my lifetime.

14. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

Me too. Thanet north

15. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I'm seriously disappointed at the lack of Official Monster Raving Loonies standing in London, only two seats being contested and one of them is Islington South, Jezza's seat, so no chance as he's an even bigger loony than the official one.

Croydon North is solid Labour so I find myself veering towards a spoilt paper, May has been unbelieveably poor, Farron is an arse and the rest are not worth a toss, even the Independent is called Lee Berks, says it all...

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true accountant...:grin:

17. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Do any other western country's have that system?

rangercol likes this.
  18. GoldhawkRoad

I doubt she'll move Davis, he's done fine so far. Gummer is a bright youngster but lacks the gravitas for that role.

19. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if May is cast aside for Davis to take over as leader.

GoldhawkRoad likes this.
  20. GoldhawkRoad

I agree, that's more likely

21. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I clicked on 'other' but could just as easily be 'can't be arsed' or 'dirty protest on the ballot paper'.