1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oops!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by royalbarclayfan, Feb 18, 2017.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

For Lincoln and Millwall and others
    A fairy tale FA Cup day,
    While for us, well it hardly needs asking
    Another nightmare day away

And don´t say we didn´t see it coming
    This year they´re more often the rule,
    Poor performances against those who´re lowly
    And players who need a return to school

Most of our problems are our own making
    And so it was once again here,
    Straightforward balls into the channels
    Without City performers near

No wonder Neil´s scraping his bald patch
    What hair he ever had has long gone,
    All the well-meaning talk counts for nothing
    If they fumble once the game is on

So not the dress rehearsal we wanted
    Ahead of derby day number two,
    With a points difference now just increasing
    A win is vital, over the Blue.

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Disappointingly familiar result as you say. It's difficult to blame AN for this, his players let him down once again, not that that will stop the AN out brigade!

<rose><rose><rose><rose><rose>

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  3. royalbarclayfan

No, I´m sure they´re already getting the banners ready for Sunday :grin: and from what I read on the match report, it´s unlikely that (the otherwise highly rated and loved) Timm Klose, will be flavour of the week this week. Seems as if he can either be brilliant or disastrous. :(

canary-dave likes this.
  4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

It's AN's job to motivate his players and ensure they are fully prepared for the game, if they come out unfit, unmotivated, not understanding the system / tactics that he wants the team to deploy then that's a management issue. That doesn't mean that others including the players aren't responsible, however AN has had 2 years to get rid of players that aren't up to the job, so if there are still players at the club that aren't up to the task in hand then that's down to AN as well. Players are generally responsible for their individual performances, the manager is generally responsible for the teams performance. Trouble is todays performance / result wasn't a surprise, indeed it was almost predictable, nor was it a one off, it has been a constant for the last 2 years. We either need wholesale player changes or a new manager. For me although we do need a good clear out of deadwood we also need a change of management, if we want to get back to the PL and stay there or indeed just to challenge for promotion next season.

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Precisely carrow. As it seems unlikely that the board are going to change the manager any time soon, we need to move on several players.
    I'd start with McGovern, Whittaker, Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Naismith,Turner and Lafferty - the reduction on our wage bill would be quite significant as well.
    It's likely Howson and Klose may want to leave as well and I would like to see some more of our youff players in the first team squad.

6. royalbarclayfan

Well personally JM, if Klose is going to have too many more games like the last couple, I think he may as well go too, he certainly cost us the points more than anyone. He swings from the sublime to the ridiculous, I´d rather have steady the whole time, thanks.

JM Fan likes this.