1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

" one or two seem like they don,t want to be here"

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Still a lot of assumptions about what SLF does or doesn't do in his role, the fact is we just don't know so how can we judge fairly, we can't. It sounds like Les is the more forward thinking of our management team and putting long term structural things in place. Problem is this is countered by TF who is too affected by external noise and populism, hence Ollie's appointment.

2. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Was Ollie referring to the squad or the fans!

3. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Quite. And there you have it. We get what we want. Current manager out. We can't agree on the next one. So the idiot does what he believes will appease us. Without ever quite bringing himself to do what most of us have realised several managers ago and want more than anything. I would like to see some investment of time into finding an exit plan for Tony and his cronies. Time for him to get back to what he believes is his genius in making a successful and highly profitable business in the areas in which he has some knowledge. I hope that he is simply waiting until he has had an opportunity to settle the bill for the financial disaster for which, ultimately, he and Phil Beard are responsible for. If he does that, he will have my thanks and respect but I won't be forgiving or inclined to give him one more roll of the dice.

Telford Ranger likes this.
  4. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Appeasement is a sign of weakness.to be a successful top business man/women you have to make hard ruthless decisions which are based wholly on making the correct devision for the business..no place for pussying around and trying to be popular.

5. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

who do you think are the players that want out? Definitely Sandro, possibly Chery. Any others?

Staines R's likes this.
  6. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

There's your 'one or two', spot on.
    The others (except Smithies) must be amazed that they get their pay cheques every month.

7. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

talking of Smithies, wouldn''t be surprised if he has had a word in his agents ear. Deserves better, a top class goalie

8. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Doubt it would even need that I'm sure his performances won't have gone unnoticed. We'll do well to keep him in Jan but question is with only 18 mths or so left on his contract this might be the only window we could get some dosh for him so do we sell?

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Let's face it, we are a selling club and need to sell to buy. Smithies, Caulker and Sandro would generate up to £10 million. Problem is with our track record of signings we'd probably end up with another four or five turkeys to complete our nosedive...

10. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

I would include Caulker in there too. Big time Charlie who thinks he's to good for the Championship.