1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

" one or two seem like they don,t want to be here"

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

we all know who you mean so don't pick them. I'd rather go down fighting with the likes of Furlong,Shodipo,Kakay,Doughty etc in the team. They can't do any worse, DO want to be here and , do you know what,might just be what we need. ENTHUSIASM.
    Something, I admit, I am sadly lacking at the moment.

2. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

where are you and why are they there with you?

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

It's up to the manager to get the team as a whole to buy into his plan ................. sadly, it seems some aren't.
    I really thought Ollie could get a team firing, especially with his old club but he's struggling, the players and us fans are also struggling.

I think Les F needs to move on asap.

He's now been the director of football over several managers now and the club is listing badly.
    Whatever Les F does isn't working, for quite some period of time.
    All the managers can't be wrong.
    TF needs to show some backbone cause the ship needs to be steadied, then corrected.

Obviously, there is no cohesion between management and players.

I'd get rid of smiley before Ollie but more than ever, we need a confident striker now.

I was hoping Conner was going to be the goods, especially after scoring a few his country but he obviously ain't got it.
    The Championship is a bridge too far for him.
    Poulter has gone off the boil ........... why?
    Chery too .................. why? Is it football related or personal.

Just another day in the life of the soap opera, QPR.
    Funny thing is, I'm completely addicted.

UTRs, kiwiqpr and NorwayRanger like this.
  4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Not arguing against this but SLF did say it was going to be a long, hard and painful road. David M seems to think SLF is on the right track. Is he completely wrong?

NorwayRanger and Didley Squat like this.
  5. Didley Squat

To be honest, l'm too far away to know the ins and outs of the club.
    I can only take on board what you guys & gals say, what's in the papers and so on.
    Something is definitely not right at present.

UTRs and kiwiqpr like this.
  6. Rangers Til I Die

Agreed. My question is whether the 'wrong' needs painful surgery and could this horrible phase be part of the process possibly due to the relatively inexperienced youth team we now have? The point has been made previously that we, the fans, are also fickle in that we clamoured for a more youthful team but we're not prepared to wait for that team to develop into a winning one.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  7. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

I don't buy into this 'it's going to be a long hard road' spiel. Good managers (Bruce) can change a team around pretty damn sharpish. Wrong appointments are what's dragging this club down, Ollie a prime example

deano58 and rangercol like this.
  8. Didley Squat

Fair comment mate but when you consider that we were a PL and we've been sliding ever since ..... yet, a team like Aston Villa, who were well below us, are now coasting in the right direction.

I think we fans have a fair argument against our broken club. Sure, we love them always but we've endured a lot of 'downs' for quite some time and l reckon we have a justified argument in wanting better.

To me, you can't have a young team AND a young inexperienced manager.
    We've had a couple now, hence our positioning ..... Ollie has come in failed to stop the slide, yet alone steady us. To me, if don't make a 'correct' decision soon, we'll slide too far.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. Rangers Til I Die

There are too many variables to make a direct comparison. It would be a fascinating experiment to swap Ollie and Bruce now but all we can do is speculate.

10. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

May be SLF should have said a long, hard and painful road downhill... There have been some pretty poor purchases - I'd say about 20% of our squad is top-half-of-the-Championship ability standard, the rest are poor and I can understand selling clubs offloading them. The problems with the club are so deep, it's difficult to point a finger at one issue but:

We have owners who are football fans but have no football acumen. They trusted and got turned over by Hughes and Kneecapp, so, with financial spending pressures, they reverted in a comfort zone with Ramsey. They needed a DOF to interface with the manager and give them an objective view, and went with SLF who was a legendary striker for us but had no experience in football management. It was a sentimental decision, based largely on the fact that previously we had players who were unprofessional and didn't give a fc uk about the club. JFH couldn't get attacking flair, so was replaced by another sentimental choice - Ollie.

What we need is clear and hard headed owners who bring more to the club than simply enthusiasm. If we have to have a DOF, they don't have to be an "old boy", they can come from Chelsea so far as I'm concerned, so long as they are experienced, professional, give 100%, buy into the project and are accountable.

A sharp-shooter may keep the wolf from the door this season, but it won't be an easy find and without service from midfield, no decent striker will thrive.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    deano58, rangercol and NorwayRanger like this.

11. Rangers Til I Die

Whichever way, it feels way too close to that for comfort.

12. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

We need to act now and clear the whole management team

13. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

But the whole point is we are not inexperienced as the players I mentioned are not being played. I keep expecting an alert to say Ollie has walked/been sacked. He knows he's not cutting it.
    A good eg is our corner/ free kick routines. Or lack of. That's purely down to the manager. Soon he " won't want to be here".

14. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Someone like Tango and Cash? Without the fake tan and the megalomania.

15. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Briatore was an opportunist with decent business contacts but no football expertise. Ecclestone knew even less about football than Fernandes...

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Those comparing us to Villa are really wide of the mark. They had a reasonable squad in the Premier League that totally underperformed in their relegation season and were strengthened in the summer with some good buys. After Di Matteo failed to start well the decision to bring Bruce in was the right one and he has organised them well and they will make the play-offs if they continue as they are going.

The big difference to us is the quality of the players, ours just aren't good enough and we are way short of even being mid-table, our position reflects our lack of quality and I think we are nailed on for the drop unless there is a drastic change in both the attitude and tactics of the current squad and also introducing three or four new faces with the right attitude. The current performances remind me of Paul Hart's brief spell in charge, this time there isn't a Warnock waiting in the wings...

17. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they had a plan, this mob are clueless

18. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

It wasn't working brilliantly before he came...

19. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I think the differences between us and Villa are that Steve Bruce has played at the highest level with Man u where as Olly hasn't. Bruce having won promotion to the premiership (I know Olly has with Blackpool) has done this more than just once and has a chairman that will give him cash to spend. We still have financial fair play fine hanging over our necks like a weight, and a chairman that won't really want to spend too much until he knows how much the fine is going to be. Plus he is already paying huge salaries to one or two Caulker and Sandro who have done very little to justify their large salary (my opinion) and is probably scared he could get his fingers burnt again. There is also possibility that when his airline crashed, there is still compensation to be paid out to the families that lost relatives.

We just need to sign players that want to play for the shirt - fans if you like and would run through a brick wall for you. If only we could find a new Alan McDonald to lead us.....

20. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

how about Warnock then. Took us over when we were in a similar position, got us safe and the following season promoted. Not comparing us with Villa, just saying it's a cop out to say it will take time. It will if we keep making the wrong appointments