1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Mar 23, 2014.

1. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

I think only a non-Spurs fan would even consider Harry coming back. I seem to appreciate the job he did here more than most but would still not want him to return. Don't get me wrong - he'd get an awful lot more out of this team than AVB or Sherwood have, I'm sure - we'd look like a team again and have a shape and a plan. But it'd be too hard to shake off some of the past and I could see it being seen as a failure, even if he did alright.

Not to mention the fact that Harry'd be mad to come back:

"Alright Harry? I sold all your best players, had a total overhaul of the squad bringing in a bunch of strangers who'd never played in this country before (never mind with each other) and I've sacked a couple of managers in the past couple of years. I'll spend zero again this summer so be a mate and get us fourth (or third if that suddenly becomes necessary) or I'll sack you again. Fancy it?"

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'd personally have Harry back any day of the week, I made no secret at the time how disappointed I was that we got rid. I know things "****ed up" near to the end of his tenure but no manager has brought as much excitement and joy to the Spurs style of play like he did for us in years. We played the best football in all of our Prem era under Harry and while he may have his faults, his plus points far outweighed them for me.

Realistically speaking though I know he won't return. Levy won't swallow his pride and approach him/ QPR and I doubt Harry would want to come back anyway.