1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

No, I know you wasn't just saying Sherwood does deserve some credit and I added that in before someone says "sherwood will be taking all the credit" :emoticon-0110-tongu

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I would have more respect for Sherwood if he just put his hands up and said what is blindingly obvious - that the job is too big for him at this time - instead of all the bollocks he comes out with. As King said, he needs to shut- up!

3. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

So are you now Spurs and Sex? <whistle>

4. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

Some interesting views for Clive Allen today on last years buy's he said Soldado and Lamella will probably go,Capuone is one for the future,he has the skill,Paulinho and Eriksen are hit's,eriksen should play more central,and he thinks paulinho will have a more attacking role next season,Chadli and Vlad are good squad players,and he thinks Townsend is better playing L/W.than on the right

5. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

so what's man city and Chelsea's excuse, we beat sunderland 5-1

as for our best player being played out of position he's doing pretty well despite the handicap have you ever thought it might be his best position?

6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And the two of them beat us 16-2.

I thought about it and then dismissed it almost instantly, as it's clearly not.
    He can't defend to save his life and spends most of his better periods wandering about through the middle and drifting from wing to wing.
    He needs to be given a central role and our left-back needs a proper winger in front of him.

7. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I think our left back should BE the proper winger in front!

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

LOL!

To be honest though mate, at the moment it's just Spurs <laugh>

9. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I hope for your sake, mate, that the sex is more interesting than Spurs at the moment!..

10. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

so if he plays in the centre of midfield he doesn't have to defend?
    if he plays behind a lone striker he becomes very easy to mark, playing from the left allows him more space as the opposing defenders are unsure of who picks him up.
    The last 3 games he's played from the left scored 11 conceded 5, 7points (and he's been involved in most of them) and before you say poor opposition, man city and Chelsea have both failed to beat sunderland so opposition doesn't come into it

11. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Minor run of good form?! I've been making excellent predictions for years... oh you meant Kane. As for his future, I think that's up to our next manager really. I'll let you know when I'm appointed.

12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He needs to play in either a free role behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1, which would allow him the freedom to wander between the lines and drift wide, or a 4-1-4-1.
    The latter system would suit him very well, in my opinion, especially with the players that we've got available.
    Paulinho covers the ground well and makes a lot of tackles high up the pitch, plus he's a goal threat. Having Chadli or Townsend to Eriksen's left would also allow them to switch.

Sunderland, West Brom and Fulham clearly are poor opposition, but I'm not dismissing Eriksen's recent form.
    He's been very impressive going forward, but a liability in defensive positions. I'm not sure anyone would disagree with that.

13. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member