1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oldham in deep trouble

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Welcome to the North, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

Wish the club would stop hideing it and just come out and tell us what is happening.

2. Welcome to the North

Quiet in here.

3. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Money problems?

Is that how we have got Dale from you?

Talking of which how do you rate him? Seems to be a tidy player so far from the little we jhave seen.

4. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Yep, money problems. I suspect it's far worse than we have been told. Lots of debt, which the recent problems over ground relocation were meant to partially solve. Looks like we're going to be staying at BP for another season, so who knows what will happen after that.

It's a shame because I otherwise think the Latics are going in the right direction. We over-achieved slightly in the first half of the season - the prospect of promotion this season was also going to be a bit of a long shot in the long-run. However, despite the recent problems with goal scoring (and the Saints game) I like the way Dickov is starting to organise the team - particularly as he had to pick through the rubble of Penney's disasterous spell.

Change has to happen slowly. I think (hope) we'll continue to improve and grow next season and the season after, and start looking a realistic prospect for a Championship side. More than anything I wish the fans would come back to BP - there used to be such a great atmosphere, I'd love for those days to come back.

Tell me if I'm being naiive :D

5. Welcome to the North

I agree mate. Dickov has had to sort out Penney's mess, we've got a small budget and he's done well. If you'd of said Huddersfields budget was £3.64 Million higher than ours at the Season and they managed to collect just a point from us and that we'd give the League leaders two of the hardest games they've had all Season without playing 9-0-1 (In the words of Sir Paul Dickov) I'd of snapped your hand off.
    However, I'm sure Simon Corny said we have have no money and no debts which is a huge relief.
    We'll just have to hold on tight to see what this Evolution is.

6. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Something to do with the kit shop isn't it? Maybe it's becoming Latique again!

Seriously though, I don't think it'll be anything too groundbreaking. I hope I'm wrong.....

7. Welcome to the North

Apparently, most members of the Board have limited knowledge on it and it's going to be fantastic. Would be a huge anti climax if it turned out to be a new shirt.
    I'm quite excited, however I've heard it could be a new badge.