1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ola Aina

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 11, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

So don't accuse all those who are concerned of beings leemings then. <doh>

2. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

OK poor choice of words but people are seriously getting way to wound up by it, relax and enjoy the ride of being a hull city fan... We never do things easy or straight forward. The allams will go at some point and the new owners will undoubtedly give us something new to worry and complain about :)

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

As a trade off, I'd be happy if we just kept all we've got and not signed anyone till midAugust.

We can win this with just a couple or three centre backs.

Maz likes this.
  4. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

You would have thought he'd have a few Ivan's in by now.

5. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

That's the other issue imo....people see players leaving and blame the owners, when in fact it's down to one thing and one thing only, we went down! Davis going to derby was the odd one but I think it will have been mostly due to them paying more then us after his contract dropping due to relegation, if people like Robertson turbo etc to it will be to Prem teams and I don't blame them.

Just for the record, I think the allams are bad for us in the vast majority of things they do, but they have also done some good stuff that will and has helped the club long term

6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I don't know whether this has been talked about before, but do these release clauses only apply if EPL clubs come in for them?

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

No.

8. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Do you mean "Ivan Idea" and "Ivan Optionon" (some Chelsea players) Originalm? 'cos they would be on his list to Ehab ..........
    and therein lies the problem!!

9. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

This post is like a riddle.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  10. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

gotta be a song for the lad with this

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Ola Aina is delighted to have settled in to life with his new team-mates with ease.

The 20-year-old defender arrived on loan from Premier League champions Chelsea on Monday and immediately flew out with the rest of Leonid Slutsky's squad for the Tigers' pre-season training camp in Portugal.

And after four sessions in the baking heat of Lagos, Aina couldn't be happier with the way his early days as a Hull City player are progressing.

"Everything is going well," he said. "It's a great group. They've warmed to me very quickly to be fair and I've settled in with ease.

"They're a nice bunch of lads and everyone has made me feel very welcome. I'm enjoying being part of the squad and training with the lads, along with working with the coaching staff out here in Portugal.

"I'm playing a bit of catch up because the rest of the squad started pre-season at the beginning of last week, whereas Chelsea only returned for pre-season training on the day I signed, so it was a case of straight into it by coming here.

"It's hard work, but I'm confident of getting where I need to be quickly. I always knew it was going to be tough, but, at the end of the day, hard work is good for me and will only help to get me ready for the start of the season."

Like with many other clubs, whenever a new face arrives in the Tigers' camp, it has become common for them to embarrass themselves by standing up in front of their new team-mates and warbling something incoherently - a ritual that Aina understands he will have to perform in the latter stages of the team's time out in Lagos.

"No tricks have been played on the new boy as of yet, but there's been a few whispers about an initiation song taking place next week," added Aina.

"I think I'll have to get up and sing for the lads after the Bristol Rovers game. I haven't made any plans as to what I'll be singing as of yet, although I've still got plenty of time to work on it."

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member