1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OK SO WHAT HAS MAZZARI BROUGHT TO WATFORD

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Flittonhorn, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

The performances have been abject for much of the season, he does not seem to have adjusted to the English league and we offer very little threat going forward. When we go a goal down, do we seriously look like turning it around?
    Please tell me how this club has progressed this season, I have felt we are relegation material even when the points on the board have told differently (bizzare I know). What am I missing please?

2. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Embarrassment?

Frustration?

Annoyance?

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The answer - nothing

We have just been outthought, outfought, outplayed and outrun by a Championship side.
    Our players hardly looked like they gave a monkeys
    The manager is responsible for motivation, tactics and team selection.
    Mazzarri should have gone weeks ago when we failed to beat Middlesbrough if not before

4. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I think he has lost it.... we played a side today which had no sense of working together.. .were ineffectual going forward and had no leadership.

This seems to be a repeat of last season.. .we lost the plot in the second half.

I know he has had wretched luck with injuries... but we are so poor and should have dominated today

Bring back Joka.. .statistically our best manager.... and who knew how to change tactics mid-game

5. Bolton's Boots

And who also managed to knock out a premiership team today...

6. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Yawn.... oh sorry.
    I agree with Leo.
    I really think he should have a command of English now otherwise how can he motivate and instruct players?

7. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Yorkie, there was no way we were going to dominate today. Football is not about players it is about teams. They were a team who play together every week, we were a 'one off' combination. There can only be one result here. We are harvesting the fruits of constant tinkering by the Pozzo's, which has forgotten the principle of continuity. Any one of the managers we have had, since and including SD. would have produced a better result if given 3-4 years to build. It is not the managers who are to blame but the system. Constant tinkering will backfire sooner or later.

Goldentrue likes this.
  8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

We were playing a club two divisions below us. I agree when you play sides of equal ability then the difference is often teamwork. We played a team that should not be able to match us even if we had several changes. Do they not train together, practice together or anything?
    Mazzarri has not built a team all season. He has no shape to his team - or squad. Clueless is too polite for him. They said at Inter Milan he was arrogant, blamed everyone but himself and so forth. There are no excuses for him.

9. yorkshirehornet

100% agreed

Agreed too

No one dare question the Pozzos... as they have done so much for us... .but really we need a decent manager with the right experience and a great coaching staff who understand the prem... and some continuity... are the Pozzos instrumental in undermining their managers???

10. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Lose the next three to four and he HAS to go.

11. yorkshirehornet

Good you started this thread flitton... looks like the poll thread has continued the conversation now <ok>

12. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

He told the Wobby that Watford deserved to win this. Not for the first time he seems to be watching a completely different match.

13. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What has he brought to Watford? I have to agree-nothing apart from a very expensive set of trainers, and I don't mean footware.

Markthehorn likes this.
  14. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

i liked having Joka but he was never going to be with us long term . this result is bad news and he must improve results now we are getting plays back or he will be gone in the summer

15. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mazzarri was known in Italy for blaming everyone but himself. He did it again yesterday by saying we deserved to win. It's pathetic. However, seeing a tweet from Adam Levanthal saying that Mazzarri's job is safe fills me with sadness. He has lost the fans, the players show no fight or passion and don't seem to have a clue what's being asked of them, he can't speak English, it's all very very sad, and makes me wonder what GT would be thinking :(

16. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Was discussing this with a friend yesterday... He seems to have lost almost all of the fans now. It's been creeping in for a while, where fans have been getting angry at small, individual things - like set-pieces/corners. Trying to do something fancy but doesn't come off where they just need to put in it the box. 2 examples yesterday was the Guedioura FK to Dje Djede where Gueds just kicked it out of play, and the Gueds/Watson free-kick where they played it short then crossed. Playing it short achieves nothing other than their player closing down the FK. Do they come up with this routine themselves or from the training ground?

I don't think Mazzari has built a rapport with the fans. I don't think attempting to speak English in conferences has helped, but also the constant excuses. If they've played bad, say they have! He also just seems to sit down, looking pretty clueless for most of the match. Also, don't like how many whingers we have in the team. Players like Okaka and Holebas just constantly at the ref moaning, where you just want them to get on with it - and some, like Dje Djede when he got subbed just trudging off. We want to win the game so run off, and get the next guy on!

Said it before... this is the least connected I've felt to the team for a long time. Sorry, bit of a rant... but watching this 'team' is getting rather frustrating.

17. bragantino

bragantino Active Member

The aim this season, so I thought, was to survive in the Premiership. The way things are going even that might be a tall order.

I am not at all sure what Walter is trying to do. He has a hugely talented team and has reduced them to the level of a Division Two team or worse. He has ripped the heart and soul out of the team and whosoever comes in to replace him will have their work cut out.

18. yorkshirehornet

Yes he has built no relationship with the fans.....

19. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

We beat Man Utd a few weeks ago...

He's not useless, he's having a bad run. QSF did much worse last season.

Has he signed expensive flops? Nope.

Has he been playing out of form players and refusing to change it up like QSF? Nope.

He hasn't been playing Cathcart which, to be fair, is an issue but he may have been saving him for the Arsenal game (which I think we stand a chance of winning in). Otherwise I have no issues with his team selection.

The main culprits from my point of view are Deeney and Ighalo, both are off form and barely scoring.

20. Bolton's Boots

Agree with all of that, although with some reservations about the Deeney bit. I think we have to remember that we are no Real Madrid and can't afford to have too many 'better' players on the bench or not even in the matchday squad - and we have Amrabat & Success to come back (and Pereyra at some point) as well as Niang and Zarate to slot in. That level of competition within the squad must surely make the required difference.

If it doesn't then it may be time to say bye bye to WM.

Markthehorn likes this.