1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oily & Simmo?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They're all there, they're all in the photo's on one of the Portugal threads.

3. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Cheers OLM, I thought I'd seen Simpson.

Do you see them staying?

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Probably not.

5. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

If we can offload them I think we will, particularly Oli

6. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

In Portugal?

7. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I think Simpsons had enough chances, he does not seem to have impressed 2 city managers plus when he went out on loan he ended up been a sub at Millwall, the same goe's for Cullan again went out on loan to the third division but could not get in the first team, i know he is young but he needs to improve i don't know if i am been harsh but to me when your approaching your late teens/twenty age then you won't improve a great deal after that

8. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

Think Cullen will follow the same route as Gary Bradshaw, a promising reserve striker who quickly found himself playing for North Ferriby.

9. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

I don't think there's any doubt we will try and get rid but its whether anyone fancies a punt on them

10. Dared to Dream

I think someone will definitely take a punt on Simpson, he's a decent striker. His rumoured £11k a week might put people off though.

11. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

If you've lost all your contacts and we have a completely new staff (other than Walsh) what's leading you to believe that?

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Just a theory that having been deemed not good enough by Pearson or Barmby, Bruce is likely to feel the same way.

In addition, I don't think any of Simpson, Oli or McShane really want to be with us.

13. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

As we've seen over the past two years, I know better than the likes of Pearson and Barmby think that Jay should stay <laugh>
    I honestly can't blame the three of them for not wanting to be here, for the most part they've all been left to rot in the reserves or loaned out.

I haven't made any defensive comments about Simpson for months so maybe it's time... if he can bag a goal every 4 games for a side like Millwall, then if given the chance I'd like to think he can have a decent record for a promotion chasing side. (I'm not saying he's amazing, I'm talking Folan 2008 contribution)

If we had decent strikers then I would probably never jump to his defense - it's the fact that most supporters appear to prefer McLean despite him having a far worse goalscoring record and generally just being a far worse player in my opinion.

14. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

I think Macca maybe does, like Phil Buckingham tweeted he didn't have to go to Portugal as he was due extra hols seen as he was at the Euros, however he chose to go. He gets on with Mclean really well and some of the other lads by all accounts. If he got first team football with us then he'd want to be here, but if he doesn't then yes he'd want to leave. Then when Oli was interviewed after he'd made one of his very few appearances at the back end of last season he was saying he'd like to stay here and get promoted with us, I know he was probably paying lip service, but again if he got first team football I think he'd probably want to stay. It's fairly obvious Simpson would rather be back down south. Whether or not we want them to stay, for financial or performance reasons is another thing.

15. Putter65

Putter65 Active Member

I hope Simpson gets a chance ro prove himself !

16. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

A lot of people put skill and age in the same bracket, but I think you are always learning as a footballer. I think John Walters and Keith Andrews are prime examples, both in their twenties when they came to us and both left with little impact (although I really liked Jonno when we had him), but now both were playing in the PL last season having dropped down the leagues some years ago.

17. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I'm sure everybody will get a fair crack of the whip this year, unlike the last two seasons.

18. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Simpson is a better footballer than Mclean and a more natural finisher, you can't deny that, Mclean puts more effort in.. there were games under Barmby where Simpson would have been the man to come on after impressing in the reserves and Nick didn't give him the nod. In fact Nick never seemed to trust Simpson despite him setting up a goal in the 90th min with his first touch in one of Nick's first games in charge. He looked good but was never tried again. don't know why and it annoyed me. I would like Jay to be retained.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Well there was that bit where he netted four in two,only to be replaced by our new £1.3 mil hitman !

20. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Well Phil Buckingham has just tweeted

'Writing up interview with Seyi Olofinjana for tomorrow's HDM. Looking for a break under Bruce to start repaying City's faith.'