1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Oh No..... Not Another Political Joke................

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

A well-thought out Tory claim?

Capture.JPG

2. Bolton's Boots

No doubt that, if the Tories win, this will be one of the rational approaches regarding health care.

Along with an entry fee into churches...

Pence.JPG

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  3. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Thought it was the one Labour used in their decade plus in power or was it the one they used for education or housing or social care.... Wait a minute Labour and their supporters have forgotten what a crap job they did for our Country and its people whilst in power and if you foolishly believe their hype they would do so much better for us all if we voted them in again. If so why did they not do it when they had their chance??????? Hang on its because they are the same as the Tories, Lib Dems and all the other parties that promise everything and deliver very little. Politics an absolute joke!!!! If politicians were honest and told the people what was needed to sort out the mess they would never get elected, so they all make faulse promises and crucify the other parties.

People that live in green houses should not throw stones and boy do the labour party and its supporters need to remember that. The labour party are so responsible for allowing the banking industry to go unheeded in the many years they were in power. Had they acted and pulled the banks in ( and they had long enough in power to do so) thousands of people would not have had their lives ruined due to the consequences. Labour claim to be the party of the people my backside!!!! If and it is a an If the tories get back in perhaps its because many people have not yet decided to forgive and forget what Labour did not do as oppossed to what they promise to do. Their supporters can hide behind excuses but history does not lie......

4. Bolton's Boots

I'm no Labour fan, but I do have to say that I doubt they were really to blame for what was a worldwide banking problem - which originated in Good Old US of A. Their performance up until that crash had been far better than the current government's, who, in spite of their idiotic claims that they would rid us of the national debt via austerity, have actually tripled it - plunging millions into the poverty of foodbank reliance, working and unemployed alike, and sanctioned thousands to death. Of course the current mob excuse themselves with the 'well we inherited it' mantra - all the while failing to mention that they themselves are the few in the country who have actually benefitted from their policies.

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that many find that there is no existing party they would wish to see in power, but there has to be one, so you take the best of what is on offer and vote for them, or you just don't bother to turn up. When people choose to abstain you can argue that that is their democratic right, but then whichever party is in power will often be approved of by the minority. Despite the local election results looking like a massive win for the Tories, they actually received a minority of votes.

6. Flittonhorn

Of course, the Labour party in power did have the power to tighten or clean up legislation governing British banks but chose not to and the Northern rock scandal was a very real British problem as very many British people will testify. I would much rather have seen the money that has been wasted on the banks and monetary bailout spent on the NHS etc but because Labour wasted their years in power turning a blind eye again the rest is history. I am no Conservative or Lib Dem supporter but given the very real mess, the coalition inherited I feel they did a good a job as they could and that is far from perfect. We are in Austerity because of the lengthy ineffective Labour government ( it arrived whilst they were in office). Had they been awake to what was going on in the world or at least in credit to them realised the consequences of doing nothing, means perhaps the mantle can rightly be left at their door. Or perhaps you are of the genre of ignoring the problem and then let someone else fix it and then criticise them for making a mess of trying to?. Many of us do not like the consequences of the past few years but at least it should be viewed with wide open vision and not a blinkered one. There were many options open to Labour in their years in power which they did not take and which could have benefited every man woman and child of this country, as the saying goes when the weather is fine make hay. The weather is certainly not fine now. The problems since 2007 need rectifying for the good of us all but they have been brewing for over a generation and that I'm sorry to say lays the blame at both governing parties in that time and not just the latest "mob" in number ten.

It's easy to say the people of this country need to work together to sort out the very many real issues that affect the majority of the population but I guess it's too easy for all of us to blame someone else and not accept some of the responsibility. The problems we face could and probably will affect our generations to come

oldfrenchhorn likes this.
  7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good post Flitton. The problem is that you and no one else seem to have an answer how to get out of the current mess. I have been saying that we want something different to the two party system, but whatever that turned out to be would still have restrictions placed upon it by the current situation.

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Errors all over the writing there.

I might have to turn to religion to save me, mass is tomorrow.

9. Bolton's Boots

Of course there are, and none of it is even true. But look at post #1 on the thread...

10. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Ah, think I got thread confused, at least I spotted it!! ahahahah

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

andytoprankin likes this.
  12. canary-dave

please log in to view this image

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. Bolton's Boots

Redefining the initials PM - Paranoid Matron in a panic over people with pens...

14. canary-dave

15. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

16. Flittonhorn

both show up how pathetic British Politics is.

Every election the fox hunting debate gets brought up and it's so far down the list of worthy debate it's unreal. Secondly, why do the Labour party now say they want to back free car parking at hospitals? they could have sorted that one out when they were in power and not use it as another blackmail piece just to win back votes.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  17. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

On the NZ news this evening I heard Mrs May say that the UK may not win the Eurovision Song Contest because the EU countries could vote against the British entry as they are so annoyed that the UK decided to leave. The news reader could not suppress a smile.

18. canary-dave

19. Bolton's Boots

20. Bolton's Boots

Hitler hears about the Labour manifesto leak...

Hornet-Fez likes this.