1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

oh dear the fans should be reimbursed for this.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Jul 11, 2017.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I don't see how they've lost money if they're still going to take the coach anyway, why can't the coaches travel the extra 30 minutes, they probably will anyway and maybe take a slightly different route.

Wouldn't make much difference travelling from France or Belgium.

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you fully comprehend the process of getting to a football match, or perhaps I'm confused

Whitejock and BillysStatue like this.
  4. LeedsLover

If fans have booked and paid for their trip by coach, does the venue change mean they're going to seek reimbursement and not go?

Both venues are only 30 minutes apart, chances are the coach company will take the fans to the new venue as they would be aware of the change as well.

Where, and how will they lose money?

Board coach, drive to ferry, cross channel, drive through France or Belgium to new venue, get off coach, enjoy match, that's basically how they'll get to the match by coach.

Seeing as you commented with "I don't fully comprehend the process of getting to a football match" with you being down under and all, maybe you can explain why you came to that conclusion, and then, explain why the travelling fans would lose money?

And yes, you seem to be confused.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  5. Eric Le Merde

Well that's me for you confused with the brain the size of a planet and parking cars................

I was just thinking that if they were going to Austria then they were probably going to be staying in a hotel and seeing all the matches, not just going for the one so a short trip was only going to limit drinking time a little, just a thought

6. Eric Le Merde

You know we actually agree mate, it's not going to cost them anymore, how you doing be the way?

7. LeedsLover

And I'll give you that one seeing as they are playing FC Ingolstadt first, at Kufstein, which basically is the same process......:emoticon-0148-yes: but you got the drift, however, Leeds play FC Ingolstadt at the Kufstein Arena, then BM 30 minutes away at Schwaz 4 days later, then Eibar at Jenbach Stadium 3 days later, which I'm presuming is in Jenbach, and quite a drive away from Schwaz, so, how are the fans going to be travelling around, under their own steam, or with the coach tour. I'm presuming it's a coach tour, Wakeys link didn't give much information.

So, how are they going to be losing money, and what made you come to the conclusion that "I don't fully comprehend getting to a football match"?

8. LeedsLover

I'm doing good, how's down under doing?

I just couldn't see how the fans would lose money, except through excess drinking....<cheers>

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  9. Eric Le Merde

I assumed they wouldn't be going for one friendly match and would be making a week of it. So the getting a coach from Belgium or La Belle France wouldn't be applicable

It's the last of the Origin matches tonight - I'm hoping the Marons will win and clinch the series. but they aren't favourites

10. LeedsLover

From what I can gather, Ingolstadt and Eibar were late inclusions, or announced late. Eibar is the team we bought Saiz from, that could be interesting if he plays.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

11. Eric Le Merde

We used to live in Switzerland, next door to Austria, and nowhere was a long way to travel within the country and Austria is the same

Saiz I still need to see the official announcement

12. LeedsLover

As Doc says, pretty much done and dusted except for a few little things, like someone owns his image rights and someone owns him as a player.......easily fixed, we play him with a see through bag over his head.....:emoticon-0105-wink:

13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Coaches? I wasn't aware that anyone was running a bus to the matches. Expensive to keep a hold of a bus for a week - much cheaper to get a cheap flight / hostel / public transport, hence they're a rarity these days, pre-season. Doesn't help that it's peak season for coaches, so you have to book them a long time in advance - which was not possible for this trip.

Wakey is aware of this & is right that extra expense will be incurred. If you've made arrangements for accommodation in or around one town, you now have to get to another. That costs. Simples!

14. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

thank you just got in from work.yes the fans are incurring extra costs.one example is fans staying in munich arriving by air.they have forked out ^) euros in advance for train tickets to the stadium.but that game has been moved further away so their tickets are useless.no coaches are going as far as i know.what i was suggesting was the club lay on some transport from around the old venue for fans staying local and offer to repay those who have lost money on wasted travel tickets.
    the cost to the club would be nothing compared to the effect it would have on our long suffering fans.

15. Eric Le Merde